Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZRX1000R pretty much finished now

Weekend Warrior

ZRX1000R pretty much finished now

Well here's mine

ZRX400 Japanese home market frame converted to use engine as stressed member and monoshocked, Mikuni rearsets

05' Z750 bottom end, fitted with
    06' Z1000 top end
    ZX9R clutch
    ZX9R C model camshafts
    ZX9R magnesium covers with titanium M6 engine cover bolts
    Ported head
    Base gasket removed to raise the C/R
    Modified GSXR1100M inlet rubbers
    Mikuni TMR40 roller flatslides
    Dyna2000 ignition and Dyna coils & Taylor leads
    Akrapovic headers, Yoshimura linkpipe and TriOval can

144bhp 70lb/ft 170 kgs wet 168mph top speed

Ohlins R&T forks, Harris adjustable offset yokes, Brembo HPK radial calipers, Brembo HPK 320mm discs with titanium disc bolts, Brembo 19/18 forged radial mastercylinder, Yoshimura speedflow brakelines with titanium banjos, Renthal superbikie high bars, Marchesini forged ally T spoke wheel, Metzeler Racetec tyre

JMC deepbraced swingarm converted to cantilever monoshock, Marchesini forged ally T spoke wheel, GSXR slingy 240mm disc, Kawasaki ZX10R caliper, titanium disc bolts, Ohlins 46PRXCLS shock with hi/lo speed comp damping and hydraulic preload platform. Yoshimura speedflow brakeline with titanium banjos

All stock bodywork apart from buell XB12R mudguard, all painted in Eddie Lawson replica paintwork.

Over winter a knife edged balanced and polished crank and rods will be fitted along with a set of custom JE higher compression pistons, and a set of ZX9R F model camshafts, which should see power increase to around 160bhp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 081020121231.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Thats Awesome Mr Mutt.. love your work.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Now that I like

RevHead
    neat n tidy ,good job

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Bloody excellent.
    That's what it's all about.
    Great job.

I like that!

Nice one

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Thats tough mate. Looking good.

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    me likes it mr Butt i'd luv to see more pics esp the ones of the nacked frame and missus

Nice work mustapha
    headlight looks a little big for it though.. and the front fender looks outa place a little
    but fer a litre bike engine stuffed ina 400 frame, A fookin plus!!
    Bet itsa hoot ta ride!

Blog Entries
    My hat comes off to you mr as that's a cracker of a bike but I need to see more photos more angles well done

Weekend Warrior
    The front guard is sitting about 30mm higher than it will do when the new bracketry arrives, the headlamp and nose fairing are the standard items. The headlamp is in fact the same unit used on the old GT550 and GPz550 and Z400J. I'll dig out some more pictures of the bike over the weekend. Everett is coming down to do the Streetfighters mag photoshoot as soon as I have the 7/11 slabby that I'm currently building.
    Everything on the bike that looks like polishing is in fact powdercoating, it was done by a company called Aerocoat in Gt Yarmouth, and is their Aeromax finish. They also do a black chrome version which is what I've used on the 7/11, both finishes are really good, and the Aeromax looks stunning in the sunlight.
    I got so pissed off constantly cleaning the polished ally on the 650cc version that I decided to have everything done on this one, partly because the magnesium ZX9R covers wouldn't stay polished very long, and now it just needs a spray over with truckwash and the a good going over with the jetwash. Less time cleaning equals more time riding!!

Weekend Warrior
    I want 1. I would keep in injected though.

Weekend Warrior
    The original throttle bodies are more restrictive than the TMR40 flatslides, they're only 38mm for starters and then the butterfly shaft forms a retsriction even when fully open, if you want the performance from these motors then you need to get them breathing well.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Is this the same bike as the earlier "650 version" or is it a fresh build ?
    I think I remember the other one, feature had your dog in it ?

A "400" import with Busa horsepower, thats NASTY!

Looking forward to more pic's.

Weekend Warrior
    This one is a fresh build, although the bodywork was robbed from the 650cc version and redone. The 650 is currently sat in the workshop awaiting its rejuvenation. I plan on grafting early Z1000 bodywork onto it, I already have a Z1000A tank for it, and round headlamp, I need to pick up a pair of panels and a tailpiece then get the seat altered to meet it. I have got the 1000K4 wheels still in it, but I've been looking at using some ducati GT1000 sport wheels, as the spokes would look great, but they're not easy to find at sensible prices.
    The 650 did over 30,000 miles with the only issue was when a coolant pipe broke and burnt the head gasket and a piston. I ended up getting 95bhp and 52lb/ft from the 650cc version, which was a 10mm overbore and 8mm stroked version of the 400 motor. The biggest issue was the valve size being rather small, even fitting larger valves was not going to gain a huge amount as I couldn't get the exhaust valves larger than 20.5mm diameter, so it made more sense to lob a thou' motor in there instead.
    I've currently had just over 160mph from it so far, which is 300rpm short of the redline in top gear, it was remarkably composed at that speed as well, and felt better than the 650 version at high speed.

Weekend Warrior
    Sorry, I understand about the butterfly shafts being a restriction but my ZX10 throttle bodies are 43mm. I was under the assuption that it would be easier to tune with the fuel injection and give a better result for ride ability then the carbs. Sorry once again I'm basing this on my experience with 41mm FCR's on a ZZR1200 engine.

All I need for my fuel injection for my ZRX now is the EMS basically, although its a 1224 ZRX lump I would assume a 200hp+ figue would be achievable as it has 184rw now on the rejetted stock 38 CV's.

I would love to built a ZRX400, was trying to get 1 for the girl but couldn't find 1 here.

This has me thinking about using the K3 motor in the XN85 with a hair dryer instead of the GSX750. Do you have any cooling issues at all?

Sorry to hijack the thread.
    Issues on your zx10 does it have dual butterflys?
    How much did your 1224 cost?
    Did you have the 1224 done in Aus?
    What is your EFI from?
    Are you running stock cams?
    Also stock zrx carbs are 36mm, and zzr11/12 are 40's.

Weekend Warrior
    EVLZX, I knew the ZZR's had 40's, but they're semi down drought or I would have fitted the 41mm FCR's the the ZRX when I first got it. I bought the bike with the engine built. It was built in the USA from what I was told, possably assembled here. It has Muzzy cams, ported head, APE 1224 liners and JE pistons, full Muzzy exhaust. It was a show winner for 3 years at the story bridge bike show before I bought it about 2 years ago. Must have 36mm carbs then?

ZX10 throttle bodies do have 2 butterflys, 2005 model I think. I bought trigger wheels and a hall effect sensor adaptor for the cam cover and cam trigger indicator from a guy in the states along with ZX10 stick coils with flying leads and a coil driver from a turbo audi to run sequention ignition, I will be running a walbro pump and Haltech 500 sprint EMS. While I pull the intake cam out to machine it for the trigger I will probably fit my ZZR1200 crank (lighter then ZRX), clutch (more plates then ZRX) and the 6 speed box. If the Haltech runs right I will get another for the XN85.

The XN85 will look similar to this ZRX400 but I will be running a Bimota tail, GSXR1000 susspension and either turbo intercooled GSX750 or GSXR1000, but I'm leaning more towards the GSX because its aircooled. Going for a retro "Eddie" look like this ZRX400 but with turbo and possably single seat and I hope alot more power, but it's heavier.

Weekend Warrior
    Sorry I miss read the bike specs above, it has Z1000 head, not ZX10. Z1000 has 36mm throttle bodies from memory hence why I got the ZX10's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast