Thread: My First Bike.

Pizza delivery boy/girl

My First Bike.

Hi Guys, just wanted to show you my first bike and hopefully a good platform to start my streetfighter.
    GS500F that at some point had a fall. The farings were cut down into a belly pan (which I wanted anyway) and a custom white (on the bike) spray job! straight over the factory stickers and everything.lol.
    It didnt cost me much and Im planning to put new bars on it sooner than later and give it a proper paint job. that should make it look much better. Im not sure how i feel about the headlight,I love the dominater look but I think this light is starting to grow on me.
    Any tips advice or even oppinions would be much appreciated.
    Cheers Retro form Newy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0649.jpg   IMAG0650.jpg   IMAG0651.jpg   IMAG0652.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Welcome mate. My favourite GS500 is this one:

But check out here for some more ideas: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...8-Suzuki-GS500

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Welcome bud. Good starting point u have there.

Weekend Warrior
    Welcome mate! ha Si nice one never seen that one before!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    gday mate and good base as its a suzuki!!

newy huh were abouts and where were you last sunday ?? hmmmmmmm we had the ASF NEWY BBQ

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Yeh mate, spent the whole day sunday in sydney getting my new bike. Had to put in some serious yard time for the Mrs to get back in the good books.lol Id be keen to meet some more newy riders soon though. Getting my confidence up on her know. I have a good mate watching me and giving me some good feedback on riding position etc.. I gotta say my bike takes an awesome photo and looks great from 10mtrs but stand next to her and you will some very bodgy paint work. Almost to embarrasing to show anyone type paint! but hey my first bike and its mechanically A1 so what more could you ask for? new paint soon though and bars in a week so thats a start.

Blog Entries
    That's great mate. Good to asee a new rider getting to grips. You'll look back on this bike with fondness in years to come.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I already do mate. I often find myself making unnessisary trip downstairs to have a look at her.lol
    Dinner with the boys lastnight turned to bikes, turns out my mates arent happy just to take the tank and farings of for new paint.
    She will be a full strip down and respray of the whole thing. Now im excited! I gotta learn how to use photoshop but if you can use your imagination you will see my vision. Tank, belly pan seat faring and front guard will be white (toyota kluger metalic white) motor black frame green (somting nice and bright) Bars and just above rear light will be blue. not sure what colour wheels will be yet but you get my Idea?

Weekend Warrior
    Nice bike to start your first build

You can paint it any colour you want really but I dont like the idea of the green though on a Suzuki, I would save yourself a lot of work & keep the frame black, What about yellow & blue & stick with some Suzuki colours on the tank etc

Plenty to look at here>
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=g...E8ueiAfG2YHgDw

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Is it coz green is a Kawasaki colour? I'm now thinking black frame but blue and green are my thing so no matter how subtle it is b&g will be on the bike. I need to sort my photo shop skill so I can get a good idea of what I'm doing now.

Some Suzukis have come in green, I'm sure the RF900R came in a British Racing Green?

Anyway being a streetfighters site it's about being different.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLZX View Post
    Some Suzukis have come in green, I'm sure the RF900R came in a British Racing Green?

Anyway being a streetfighters site it's about being different.
    I hear ya mate, I'm thinking more Fluro green. It will def be different cos paint is probably bout as far as the budget goes so it will be the same platform just different colours. Love or hate its Gunna turn heads! Lol

Good work for your first bike.
    Be good to see it done.

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah I know what you mean like some Kawasaki's come in red & yellow, Some people really dont care and just want whatever colour

Fluoro green might be a bit better, I have been thinking about using some bright lime/Kawasaki green also on my ZXR

I think some bikes with candy pearl mettalic or even mica paint just look overdone for a road bike, Harley's seem to pull off the wild colours better, Whatever you come up with im sure it will look good

I reckon keeping it together & not painting the frame would be a good idea for your first bike, Get it looking nicer & enjoy riding it

Stripping it down to a bare frame may be just a bit too much of a headache when your starting out
    Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 30-09-2012 at 10:04 PM.

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    I think you worry a little to much about what others think of your bike , do what you like. Others will like it or not , but it will always be your bike (and you can always change it).

RevHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmohawk View Post
    I think you worry a little to much about what others think of your bike , do what you like. Others will like it or not , but it will always be your bike (and you can always change it).
    Red speaks the truth

Where's the LIKE button?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Thanks for all your feedback guys. The brain is in overload on this subject. Now better get back in the garden to earn some more brownie points with the mrs.

RevHead
    hey isnt Clint selling his turbo gs500, now there,d be a bike to kick start your fighter bug

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Got a mate after a bike cam you link it to me??