Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1994 zxr 750

Weekend Warrior
    PM sent Jim, I will send a text now Damo1

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Nice build mate.. I bought some headers from the states last year and they took 2 1/2 weeks..

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks 98green
    I received my Lithium Ion battery today, I had to check it with the multimeter which confirmed it had 13 volts, It feels so light I was sure they just sent me a plastic shell that looked like a battery, There is power so something is in there? Finishing off the battery mount tomorrow hopefully if work does not get in the way?
    Should have the battery & all the wiring back in place then
    I mainly need a ZX7 swingarm at the moment to keep the project moving forward & still need to tidy up & sort out more wiring under the tank & up to the speedo & dash etc then just try & keep focused on getting it on the road

I keep looking at my stock headers sitting in the shed thinking how easy it would be to cut them up & make a turbo manifold out of them but lots of other stuff needs to be done first

Quote Originally Posted by ninjainoz View Post
    i keep looking at my stock headers sitting in the shed thinking how easy it would be to cut them up & make a turbo manifold out of them

do it
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    ^^^ x2

Weekend Warrior
    Thats the easy part though, Collecting all the rest of the bits & tying it all together is the harder part
    Some of the steps along the way I have done would work with a turbo later on
    Like you mentioned in the carb slide spring mod thread it is best not to have the slides drilled for a turbo so that was another factor that swayed me towards the Factory Pro carb kit

Later on when I get the Dyna 2000 ignition it should also work nicely with a turbo being able to dial it in with the right curve

Curious though What turbo do you run on the ZX7 & what other options are there?

I run stock ingintion curve and you can fill and redrill the hole in the slide as needed the standard needles work better than the after markets aswell.
    I run a Garrett from a 2 litre Saab picked it up cheap of EBay. Probably could do with a slightly small exhaust side but it works a treat now so not complaining. Heaps of options around for turbo's some of the other's can give you some good advice on the details of turbo selection. I just used my gut and the fact it was cheap
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I didn't your txt mate mate?

This is it anyway mate:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	3551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	3552

Alloy factort kit fuel tank - the air pipe are only tacked on and do not go all the way through the tank.

It has a surge tank at the rear lower end - as far as i awre it has never been on a bike.

Perfect condition - no tap , no cap , no mounting brackets

Weekend Warrior
    Unfortunately it suits the earlier models, Looks to be around a 91 model tank Which will not fit on the L model mounts & wont match up with the L model tail?>
    Click on History & Specs
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webzxr/zxr750r/

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    yes for the turbo mate.. I would love to turbo my zx6r but just not sure how... yet..

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by 98green View Post
    yes for the turbo mate.. I would love to turbo my zx6r but just not sure how... yet..
    I don't wanna thread hijack, but... Turbo a 600? Why not save a ton of hassle and get a 900 or litre bike if you want more power. If 1000cc turns out to not be enough grunt then a turbo would make sense.

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CookyMon View Post
    I don't wanna thread hijack, but... Turbo a 600? Why not save a ton of hassle and get a 900 or litre bike if you want more power. If 1000cc turns out to not be enough grunt then a turbo would make sense.
    Let see lighter better handeling bike, faster turn in, better braking, with all the power and more of an over litre bike , why wouldnt you turbo a 600 ? Cause someone said why bother ?

Cause a turbo makes you cool and give you street cred

I can't speak for others but I did mine to see if I could now that I have I love it

Weekend Warrior
    Got the battery mount & wiring etc back in & it all looks sweet now with about 20mm clearance between the ZX7 shock reservoir & the lower battery cradle, I will get some pics of it all together another day
    The aluminium cradle could be riveted to the plastic but I went with some buttonhead stainless screws for now

A nice easy mod for anyone looking at fitting a ZX7 or ZX10 etc shock to a ZXR 750, It does the job & looks sweet & stops the ultralite battery from floating away

Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 05-02-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    no dramas mate

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Why build a street fighter? What's wrong with the stock bike from factory then?
    Each to there own and haters are gunna hate so hate away champ

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmohawk View Post
    Let see lighter better handeling bike, faster turn in, better braking, with all the power and more of an over litre bike , why wouldnt you turbo a 600 ? Cause someone said why bother ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yella View Post
    Cause a turbo makes you cool and give you street cred

I can't speak for others but I did mine to see if I could now that I have I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by 98green View Post
    Why build a street fighter? What's wrong with the stock bike from factory then?
    Each to there own and haters are gunna hate so hate away champ
    So to sum up

1. Power:weight/handling ratio
    2. Because it's cool
    3. Because you can

I think my question has been answered. Thanks guys.

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah a small bike is zippy & can usually corner better much like a 125cc dirt bike getting the fastest lap times round a tight track cause they can be on the throttle longer & brake less, Same on the road I spose, If you want to corner & go fast them maybe turbo a 600, You cant beat cubes (Or CC's) out on the open road though, Its a bit of a juggling act really, power/weight cornering/top speed etc, I think the ZX10 is a good balance, They still corner fairly good & like a smaller bike but they have damn good top speed, I think I will go for a ZX10 next

I would prefer to drop a ZX9 motor in my ZXR but if I dont find one then maybe a turbo on the 750 later on will be OK

You see it all the time on little rice burner cars where the Fast n The Furious type wanna be's go & drop a turbo on an old clapped out motor & think they will have 500HP, I need to get the rest of the crap sorted & get it running spot on first though & I would do an engine rebuild before I even thought of fitting a turbo but I am a fussy cunt

I have got the battery area wiring etc tidied up heaps better now

I found a new fuel tap for $20US so why not, One less thing to worry about down the road

Looks neat, Nice work

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks Yella
    I finally got the headlight wired up, I know the Polisport MMX (& similar) dirtbike headlight I am currently using is not the best but I thought I would see what I can do with it
    I fitted a CREE? LED headlight bulb to replace the standard 35W/35W BA20D bulb so it drops straight in with no mucking round modifying & has high & low beam just like the stock bulb, For the very little power it uses it seems damn bright, Will be interesting to see how it goes on the road, I have also got to wire in the parking bulb which is a BA9s style & I have also replaced it with a 4-LED super bright bulb which only uses .36W compared to the stock 4W bulb, The LED parker bulb will boost the Lo beam too
    Both the bulbs that I have replaced looked like smoldering candles compared to these new LED's

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/ba20dc...-quad-395.html

The CREE LED headlight Hi / Lo bulb

The new parker bulb>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast