Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1994 zxr 750

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    looking good mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    I dont mind the look of the single seat tail, I dont really care for trying to make it look like a 2000+ model with a small tail on the back, Maybe later on

With the tail being second hand it of course did not come with any fitting instructions (Not sure if they would anyway) & for some reason I had to lift the taillight up a bit to make it all line up which is a good thing really because it looks a bit better now, I will have to get some side on pics to compare

I had to trim off some of the rear subframe & the plastic guard under the tail so it is not sticking out, With all the bits n pieces I have removed or trimmed off it has made a difference
    The rear suspension seems to have gone up a bit, Looking at the rear footpeg mount bolts & the top of the tyre it has a bit more gap now, Overall the power to weight ratio should be noticeable when I am finished, Now if I could drop 10-20Kgs myself it would be great

Weekend Warrior
    Well done mate. it's taking shape. when is rego and riding.

Weekend Warrior
    Not sure if it will be before Chrissy at this stage? Need to sort out the speedo & change the forks, Fab some mounts for the brake & clutch reservoirs, Nothing major but dollars are becoming tight at this time of year

Are you still interested in the forks, Lower clamp & a set of calipers?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    [QUOTE=NINJAINOZ;373124] Fab some mounts for the brake & clutch reservoirs,

Mate. try and get a hold of some ZX9 reservoirs. It really cleans up the front.

Weekend Warrior
    I looked at the ZX9 master cylinders & almost bought a set but the thing I dont like about them is the fact that when they are fitted to bars that are sitting flat like mine are now the top of the master cylinder/cap is then angled down towards the forks which means you gotta lean the bike over a bit to top them up & I just would not like the look, If they did not have the angle I probably would have bought a set + I reckon they would have to be quite a bit heavier than the ZXR750 master cylinders?

I know it is nothing major & it will not affect how they work but I am fussy & it may annoy me, Im not sure of the amount of angle it hard to tell with just pics of the master cylinders alone
    Does anyone have any pics of ZX9 master cylinders sitting on flat bars, Im curious to see how they look, Im looking at getting a different set of bars (FLY carbon sno bend) & they will allow me to angle the bars slightly down which might work well with the ZX9 master cylinders

I like the look of the BXP reservoirs that go straight into the master cylinder, I may go with a set of them to clean it up>

Weekend Warrior
    20 min reservoir mount bracket (Will do for now)
    Some old scrap aluminium sheet looked about the right length? Cut a slither with the grinder, File clean & round edges, Drill some holes, Bend to shape, A quick polish & wulla

I got lucky with the measurements cause I did not even take any

Weekend Warrior
    Getting down to the last little bits n pieces
    I have been looking round at some different type of mirrors, I was going to spend a bit more on a different set of mirrors but I came across the Koso GT mirrors & read a few reviews from dirtbike riders that would give them a good work out & some that have fitted them on the Kawasaki Versys etc & they have mostly said they were great & work just fine, Anyone tried them?

For $12 (Including postage) I thought I would give them a try, Works out at just under $20 for the mirrors & some mounts, Not bad at all

Billet 10mm mirror mounts to suit 7/8" bars
    $7.71 Incl postage

Koso GT mirrors
    $11.95 Incl postage
    http://www.koso.com.tw/products-deta...lang=en&id=181

Weekend Warrior
    I was looking into the ignition system options & almost bought an advanced ignition rotor, For a bit more money I can get a DYNA programmable ignition which would work out much better in the long run, It will fit the ZXR 750 & it will also work on the ZX9 motor if I upgrade later on, I can also buy the DYNA coils & leads together as a package too
    I have been curious if there was any options for performance coils? The bike seems to run fine but considering the bike is near 20 years old im sure the coils would be getting tired?

DDK2-7
    Programmable performance ignition
    http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/prod...kes/dyna_2000/

DC1-2
    3.0 OHM Dual output mini coils
    http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/prod...rtbikes/coils/

DW-800
    Grey silicone 8mm leads
    http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/prod...es/Dyna_Wires/

Is anyone using DYNA ignition stuff? Any good? Any troubles?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    If you change the back half of your mastercylinder clamps
    to ones from a bike designed to have bar mounted mirrors
    It'll be similar price, neater and not look like an afterthought.

My Busa has GSX14 ones.
    Most manufacturers don't make their masters they only
    buy them in so many models interchange.

Weekend Warrior
    I looked at the clamps to go on the back of my master cylinders & found some but for $20 each & not knowing whether they would fit for sure?
    Thought I would just go with the billet ones I found for $8 for the pair including postage, There is plenty enough room in between the switch housings & the master cylinders to fit the mirror mounts & the mirrors will have a little bit more adjustment not having to be on the same angle that the master cylinder is on, The mirrors I am getting are adjustable at the mount but some mirrors are not, I will have the mirror mounts out the front out of the way so they will look & work fine

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MIRROR-MO...item1e74443982

Weekend Warrior
    i'm running dyna coils. i have had them for years and never any problem. i don't know if you'll get much more out of it though. if you advance much more than 5 degrees it'll start knocking and you can get a better spark by running different plugs. NGK CR9EK plugs are the the go for the old zxr. they're not cheap but they are good.

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks, I was also thinking about some better plugs too, What sort of money are you paying for the plugs?

Good to know the coils have been reliable

Quote Originally Posted by NINJAINOZ View Post
    Picked up a single seat tail last night (From the airport) that was sent from Perth on the plane yesterday morning, Not bad going from the west coast to the east coast then Sydney to Coffs Harbour in one day, Would be nice if Auspost could send things that fast

Not too bad for $130 including freight, It has a bit of a scuff mark on the top section but no cracks, It will look nice when fitted
    This was my old tail i had sitting in the garage, i gave it away to some guy in perth, i didnt know until later research that this is a zx7-rr race tail with the tail light cut out, small world ey.

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah small world, The tail looks good on my bike, Let me know if you wanna give away anything else

Im parting out my whole build, practically giving away parts atm.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Mate I 've got one of these new. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Fron...ht_3519wt_1141

I bought it and it won't suit my master cylinder. Shoot me a PM if ya interested.

Weekend Warrior
    I should have theTrailtech speedo in the next few days? It just left customs today

I will have a set of ZX7 forks to fit soon when they get here from the USA?

Weekend Warrior
    The mirror mounts turned up today, Very nice looking quality especially for under $8 including postage
    I got them on ebay but they actually come from this company>
    http://cnc-machined.com/index.php?ma...=index&cPath=7

They have Go-pro mounts etc, Swingarm spools/sliders, Fuel caps, Rego label holders etc etc

I just need the mirrors now to see what it will look like, Auspost is apparently doing deliveries on Saturdays now up until Christmas so if you are waiting for anything they may turn up on Saturday mornings too?

Weekend Warrior
    I received my new Trailtech Stealth speedo on Monday, I will fit it when I change the ZXR forks over to ZX7 forks hopefully sometime next week when they get here?

The tank & tail will be going in to a professional paint shop for a fresh coat next week, A bonus from my latest work venture

If all goes well I could put a bow on it & put it under the Chrissy tree

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast