Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1994 zxr 750

Weekend Warrior
    I found a set of ZX7R (Black) front calipers with EBC HH pads (They will go nicely with my matching EBC HH rear pads) for $50US + a ZX7R lower triple clamp for $25US, They will hopefully get here within the next week or so?
    Just need to find a set of ZX7R forks & I can do the conversion

Weekend Warrior
    Getting closer, Cant wait to get this on the road, Need to change the bars so I can put the left grip on & I will be changing the forks so that will slow it up a bit

Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 01-10-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Weekend Warrior
    Finally got the wiring back together enough to fire it up with the new jets in the carby's, I was a bit lazy & left the choke cable off as I was confident that it would run better & it did exactly that, Thanks to larger pilot jets it fired up very easily & I dont need the choke setup, Maybe on real cold mornings but it does not really get cold here where I am anyway, I will see how it goes without it for now?
    It seems smooth right through the revs with no missing etc & sounds damn angry straight out the end of the new Delkevic headers, I wont know for sure if it is dialed in OK until I get to run it though

I was also able to see how the new clear type lens LED taillight works & im very impressed, It is rather bright & looks sweet, It does not have the integrated blinkers which is more practical for us in Aus as we need to have proper blinkers 25cm apart anyway
    I found it on Ebay of course in Bulgaria of all places, A fellow there had bought it new & never used it so I got it for just over $40AU incl postage which is cheap compared to some on Ebay that are around $100AU & it got here pretty fast too
    Same as this>

I have my ZX7R calipers, lower triple clamp & a front guard sitting here waiting for some ZX7 forks when I find a set to do the change over
    Already sold the old calipers & front guard for a bit less than I paid for the upgraded newer ones so thats a good start

If all goes well I might get a test ride this year? Should be very soon but might have to be a few runs to talk to someone about a blue slip if you know what I mean
    I dont know if the minister of finance will allow me to get it on the road especially this close to chrissy & with 3 little ones (Currently 6, 8 & 10) + all their birthdays are between November & January, It makes it hectic this time of year rounding up Chrissy & birthday presents but gets it all over & done with for the year around the same time

ASF Premium Full Member
    Looks likes this is moving ahead just nicly mate and i feel your pain about this time of year lol personly i would have used the zxr front guard as they look lighter than the zx7 guard just my 2c worth

Weekend Warrior
    Will the ZXR front guard fit on the ZX7R forks without the front mount brackets hanging out?

Im thinking about relocating the ignition barrel to make room for the speedo setup but finding somewhere else to put it is the problem? Im thinking about mounting it just in front of the stock fuse box on the right side & just trim a bit of the right side cover away neatly in an arch so it looks stock?
    I would be able to remove the mounts off the top triple clamp & make a bracket for the speedo, I would prefer to leave the ignition there but there is just no room for the speedo then

Where do some of the later model bikes have the ignition setup, Are they all on the top triple clamp? Looking for some ideas

Mate, think we've been speaking on another site too!

Like your progress with the fighter; trying to get started with turning my spare bike into a fighter and glad someone's leading the way!

Thinking it may start getting stripped tomorrow and I'll be looking for a 900 motor!

Weekend Warrior
    Hi & welcome aboard
    I had mine stripped down in about half an hour when I first got it home, Very keen, I was just going to do a quick clean up but it got out of hand & I seem to be doing a bit more than I originally planned, These projects are never really finished though, There is always something else to modify or change

Are you going to start a build thread? Chuck some pics up of what your starting with

Edit
    OH yeah I see now KSRC/Brakes, I linked you to the brake etc info, Your welcome
    Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 04-01-2013 at 01:04 PM.

ASF Premium Full Member
    No the zxr front guard wont go on the zx7 forks with the fronf mouting lugs still in place. I just cut them off and sanded it all smooth no you wouldn't even know that they were there. As for the ignition barrel i mouted mine in the hole in the frame where the ram air duct used to be. I also looked at putting it in the hole just above the foot peg but i think your foot would hit the key so i shelved that idea. Another idea i had was to mount it just above the clutch cover off the to two faring mount nutserts in the frame. My speedo is mounted where the key used to be and it works just fine, it keeps the top triple nice and clean.You can also get the speedo nice and centreal

Weekend Warrior
    I dont mind the look of the later model front guard, I will just have to go with that considering I already have one

I also thought about fitting the key on the side of the frame above the footpeg but breaking the key etc is possible, I decided to move my headlight out a bit & that will give me just enough room to put the speedo in front of the ignition & still have it sitting in the middle
    I have a small sheet of aluminium here I can make a bracket out of for the speedo, Should be pretty easy

Weekend Warrior
    Well the easiest part is done, Im going to use the ignition barrel mounts to fit it to the top clamp, Notching it out to fit around the ignition barrel is the next part, Maybe tomorrow if I get time?

Weekend Warrior
    It's looking real good mate. I'd be interested in grabbing your zxr forks when you do the conversion. i have a second bike i'm going to start building up but i need forks. let me know how you go. what muffler is that you're running. it looks good.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    looks like a delvic or maybe dan moto one to me

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    I will PM you Mr.ZXR

Yeah Banditrod is correct it is a Danmoto muffler, Its actually a ZX9R muffler & pretty much fits straight on with the Delkevic ZX9 Stainless headers

For a cheap muffler it is a rather nice, I thought it would have been a bit louder but it soaks up the noise rather well probably due to the size of it & maybe the shape? I need to get my bike through a blue slip & if im lucky enough I will get away with this muffler, There is baffles available for them to quieten it down even more too so that is an option

The typical round style Danmoto muffler would be a bit louder im guessing but I like the shape which is a similar shape to some of the mufflers on modern bikes, I will shorten it later on & it should sound even better

Be quick they only have limited stock

http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/zx9r-...oduct-441.html

Weekend Warrior
    I got the speedo mount sorted, Took a bit of stuffing round shaping the bit that goes around the ignition barrel by hand, Would be too easy just pressing buttons to cut it out

I could trace a template if anyone would like to make a similar speedo mount, It bolts on in between the ignition barrel & the triple clamp, You may need to skim a few mm off the triple clamp ignition barrel mounts for the steering lock to line up with the hole in the frame

I just need to get hold of a Trailtech Vapor Stealth (Black) speedo kit & another dash surround like the one in the pics, I wll give the mount a coat of black to blend it all in + I dont want the sun reflecting off it into my eyes

The speedo surround in the pics is held in place with a bit of blue-tac at the bottom of it, A little bit more angle on the mount & I might be able to bring the headlight back closer to the forks again

Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 31-10-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Does that dash use the cable for speed or is it electronic?

Weekend Warrior
    No it uses a magnetic electronic pickup, You may be able to get a cable to electronic setup but you can program this speedo to suit just about any size wheel

There is links on the item page (Below) you can click on for details on each item that comes with the kit

Although it says SV650 this is the basic universal street bike kit>
    http://www.trailtech.net/75-600.html

Wheel sensor>
    http://www.trailtech.net/600-06.html

All the details on the Vapor speedo here>
    http://trailtech.net/vapor.html

This is the Stealth (black) version of the Vapor speedo I will be using ( 752-600 )

Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 28-10-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Weekend Warrior
    Picked up a single seat tail last night (From the airport) that was sent from Perth on the plane yesterday morning, Not bad going from the west coast to the east coast then Sydney to Coffs Harbour in one day, Would be nice if Auspost could send things that fast

Not too bad for $130 including freight, It has a bit of a scuff mark on the top section but no cracks, It will look nice when fitted

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    looks good mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks Banditrod, Its nothing special really, Well I have not spent thousands on it yet so....Just looking at getting it on the road & reliable hopefully then I may change the tail to a ZX6 or similar & do a few other things later on?

Need to get a set of ZX7R forks & someone to buy my old forks & get a speedo on there & it is pretty much ready to go on the road, Not much else left to do really for now?
    Christmas seems to be creeping up real fast though

Weekend Warrior
    I tried the single seat tail on, ZX7R front guard is just sitting on there to see what it would look like
    I was able to drop the pillion seat mount & cable/latch setup & trim some crap off around the taillight mount so it has dropped a bit of weight off the back hopefully

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast