Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spudley's El Bandito Streetfighter Project

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Spudley's El Bandito Streetfighter Project

OK so I've been meaning to make a build thread for my plans to my 97 B6.
    So far I've only changed the rear shock to a second hand old GSXR1100 shock (which I've found out is stuffed with no gas in it anyway), so the plan is to throw in a B12 one while I save up to get the gixxa one rebuilt.

I just had the gearing upped to 16-46 from the stock 15-47, as I commute on the freeway about 20km each way to work, this will work better and it's still got enough balls to take off quick enough

Apart from the shock conversion, my plans are to rip off the butt ugly front fairing and headlight, fit up a pair of dominator twin headlights, and one day down the track, a tail swap to an R1 or similar along with painting the tail plastics, tank and front guard all black while keeping the frame the original green.

If the opportunity presents itself to do a gixxa front end, I'd like to, but unless I come across one real cheap or I come into a lot of money, I don't see that happening real quick.

Anyway, here's a couple of snaps to let you know what I'm dealing with here...

Currently has round convex bar end mirrors, but i'll be looking at changing them soon anyway. I've also since changed the rear muffler to a Danmoto carbon shorty item, which sounds great, but I think it's only a matter of time before I get pulled over for it.

After the Gixxa shock install

Pretty and bling headlight brackets, and my kitty getting in on the action.

More updates to come soon once the dominator headlights are fitted and wired up, along with new mirrors with built in indicators.

Til then,
    Cheers.

Liam.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Stick a 1200 engine in there or a turbo

Or both

ASF Standard Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wackyrider View Post
    Stick a 1200 engine in there or a turbo

Or both
    You could be onto something there
    :cool: Oblivious !!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Well, Bandito copped a slide at about 100km/h last Sunday, went off the road pretty quick so not like it slid for 100m or anything, and most of the damage is just cosmetic.
    So far the doctor's bill is:
    Bars
    Mirrors
    Engine side cover (LH)
    Indicators (both LH)
    and a few scratched fairings and a crack in the front one

This weekend I'll be pulling off all the broken parts, along with the headlight, front fairing, and fitting up the dominators.
    Over the coming weeks I'll order a new pair of renthal bars, and once my mirrors arrive (been on order a few weeks now) they'll be fitted as well.
    These are the mirrors I've got on order:

These will allow me to get rid of the front indicators all together, just going to source some for the rear now.
    If anyone has some small LED rear indicators, left hand engine side cover, or some bars they want to off load , please let me know as I just want this back on the road as soon as possible...

Cheers,
    Liam.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    put those mirrors on the kat earlier this year
    would be perfect if half the size!

sorry to hear about your slide
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    cheers fimp, how did you find them for visibility, vibration, and do they move around real easy?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    UPDATE:
    Stripped off all the broken bits (found a dent/cracked paint in the tank I didn't notice before) and fitted and wired the dominator headlights.
    In time the guages will be replaced with a neat digital Danmoto unit so it won't be twin lights and twin guages.
    Also, I'm thinking about putting on a universal dark tinted screen to hide the dash.. Thoughts?

I'll let the pictures do the talking...
    First, the damage from the slide:

Then the progress so far...

And what I'm hoping to fit in the future...

Cheers,
    Liam.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudley View Post
    UPDATE:
    Also, I'm thinking about putting on a universal dark tinted screen to hide the dash.. Thoughts?
    Just been doing the same thing.
    Removed the smashed twin clocks and my 1400 looks real odd with the small KOSO unit,
    I though "i'll hide it behind a little screen" I put the screen on and though...
    "FARK!... dont like that!" and took it off again.
    I only had the ugly one I took off this though...

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Bandit's are very much a budget bike (but I love them)

Keep an eye out on Ebay/wreckers for a Kwak clutch lever
    and mount. Not 100% sure which one, probably a few options
    but needs to be off a naked Kwak, Fits the B6, takes a cable,
    takes the mirror, but has an adjustable lever to match the brake
    on the other side. Not Suzuki's non-adjustable cheapo version.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I found a pair of levers on eBay already: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251099662...#ht_1120wt_906

RevHead
    man those oggy knobs saved the bike a lot ,

I have those mirrors on the Busa, they are good mirrors, the build is a little on the budget side but you can see clearly behind yourself past your elbow and they don't vibrate much either. Bolts are small and you need to be careful you don't screw the end off them. The wires are micro thin too so soldering is a must.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by RevHead View Post
    man those oggy knobs saved the bike a lot ,
    While I agree, they still bent enough for the side cover to still hit the deck and scratch and crack, so even if the bars were straight I still couldn't start or ride the bike as it leaked it's oil.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by StuNVA View Post
    I have those mirrors on the Busa, they are good mirrors, the build is a little on the budget side but you can see clearly behind yourself past your elbow and they don't vibrate much either. Bolts are small and you need to be careful you don't screw the end off them. The wires are micro thin too so soldering is a must.
    Thanks for the heads up mate. Do you just mean not to overtighten the mounting thread? And yes, they'll def's be soldered.

RevHead
    While I agree, they still bent enough for the side cover to still hit the deck and scratch and crack, so even if the bars were straight I still couldn't start or ride the bike as it leaked it's oil.
    if the knobs werent there neither would your stator be there ,lucky though its only the cover

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by RevHead View Post
    if the knobs werent there neither would your stator be there ,lucky though its only the cover
    This is also true....

Weekend Warrior
    These will sort the bars out & make it much stronger, Will also look pretty good too

1-1/8" Fatbar mounts>
    http://www.cullysyamaha.com.au/online_products.php?cat=ORMPA&grp=HANDM&brd=RHK&id =3659&

1-1/8" FLY Flat bars>
    http://www.flyracing.com/product/sno...729/sno-x-bend

Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 16-11-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks for the heads up mate. Do you just mean not to overtighten the mounting thread? And yes, they'll def's be soldered.
    The 10mm bolts are fine, there is a about a 5mm bolt that needs to be tightened to stop the mirror from swinging around, it has a plastic cap over it, this one is the one you need to be careful with. Too loose and the mirrors move, too tight and well you snap the thread off.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hey, so I thought I'd do an update since I hadn't done one in a while...
    The Bandito's been back on the road for about 3 weeks or so with the pair of dominator twin headlights but on the first ride the speedo inner cable snapped inside the outter cable!
    This only pushed me to pursue with the digital dash conversion.. So, after ordering the Danmoto dash on a Thursday, it arrived on my desk first thing Monday morning, and after a few nights and a few beers in the shed, it was all wired up and ready to rock!
    With running the twin domi's instead of the big single she was originally fitted with, this caused a few electrical gremlins. First off all was well, then after a night in the hills and using my high beam consistantly, my high beam light on the dash decided to stay on. About a week later, the low beam bulb blew. After all this happened, I decided to buy XAMONT's old DRZ headlight he had spare and go back to a single.
    I'm still yet to adjust it, I think I'll have to drill a new hole in the side mounts to pivot the light, but this it's on there for now.
    I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

So, once the domi's were on it was like this...

Then the speedo cable snapped, which resulted in this...

Then after the electrical gremlins got into the domi's, this was the result, and how she sits now...

Til the next update,
    Cheers!
    Liam.

RevHead
    good work spudman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast