Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to streetfighters looking 4 a project

RevHead
    enjoy the site many people with unreal experience on here,im building a hayabusa fighter myself.

Weekend Warrior
    The Hayabusa fighter should be nice, Dont see too many of them naked
    Do you have a build thread?
    I do a bit of aluminium polishing too if you need any done sing out

RevHead
    sorry fuc the polishing,my gsxr1100w fighter was polished,lol never again,

here you go ,,oh theres a few busa on here that are fightered
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-Revheads-Busa
    Last edited by RevHead; 26-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah I know what you mean, Can be hard work maintaining it, Different grades of aluminium are totally different to polish & hold there shine totally differently too
    I would not bother polishing some crap poor quality cast things but some nice billet parts are worth doing, Good quality aluminium only needs a light going over every few weeks as long as you dont ride in the dirt?

Im going for more of a blacked out look with my next project, Maybe with just a few little bits n pieces polished here & there?

RevHead
    heres a picci of my old gsxr1100w
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	284021_1821979321417_4770658_n.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	2377

Weekend Warrior
    Nice, A GSXR would be my next choice if I cant get a ZXR, Pretty set on a ZXR though, I have always wanted one so its about time I got one

A Hayabusa would be next on the list if I had the dollars, Maybe one day? Yours is coming along nicely Revhead

RevHead
    thanks man ,hurry up and buy n build so we can ride.lol

Weekend Warrior
    Waiting to hear back from Sen?

His non reply would suggest that it has been sold already?
    Last edited by NINJAINOZ; 26-08-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Ninjainoz,

Im always on the look out for bikes,
    will post up if I see anything that might interest you.

Tony
    (Brisbane)

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks Tony
    I dont really want to spend too much to get started + I dont wanna go messing round with too nice of a bike, As long as it is not damaged or butchered I will take a basket case even
    The bike Sen has is spot on but whether he still has it or not is the question
    I know there is a ZXR sitting somewhere for me?

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    give him time mate he will reply and im almost certain he still has it

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah probably not a bad deal JD but a bit out of my price range, He would probably have more of a chance selling them if he separated them?

Just found out Sen has sold the ZXR so I will have to keep looking round I guess

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINJAINOZ View Post
    Thanks Tony
    I dont really want to spend too much to get started + I dont wanna go messing round with too nice of a bike, As long as it is not damaged or butchered I will take a basket case even
    Do you have a rough price your limited too and
    anything you really dont want to own, like Honda's.

Keep an eye on the auctions. Some of them are rideable and easy fix's.

Weekend Warrior
    Probably not going to be able to spend much more then $2000ish (According to the missus) but would prefer a bit less to get started then I can start buying some bits n pieces I want, Im not going to get a real super dooper bike for less than $2000 but I only want a project anyway for now so the less I pay for it the better in one way

I have looked through Ebay & gumtree & there is a few that look good for the price

Blog Entries
    Not a problem.

There was a cosmetic damaged Bandit, looked straight to me,
    started on the key and was ridden through the auctions... $1000,
    I thought about it but didnt bother.

I bought an 08 GSX14 off a member for $500 more than your budget.

Do lots of research and look everywhere, there ARE bagains out there,
    you've just got to be waiting and it helps if your not 100% set on a
    specific model and are will to look at other options.

Weekend Warrior
    Im pretty set on a ZXR of some kind but if a GSXR or CBR is found for the right price I may go with one of them, If only I had found Sen's ZXR earlier It would have been perfect

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Welcome & congratulations on your excellent choice of bike, I currently have 4, one of which you might be interested in, it's a '95 model (the best one to go for, they use the stronger ZX9 crankcases) ZXR 750 L3.
    Only done 53k kms, motor, gearbox & clutch are perfect & the bike is in overall very good condition, Vic registered until November & ready to ride so it's not really a project but the price is right.
    I've just given it a big birthday & had the wheels & rearsets polished like chrome (the whole wheels, not just the outer rim), had the headers blasted & hi temp painted, replaced the fork seals & oil, the steering bearings, front & rear wheel bearings, replaced the alternator, given it a full service including all fluids, carbs balanced & valve clearances done, fitted new Arashi wave discs & replaced F & R brake pads.
    The previous owner had the shock rebuilt & fitted new Michelin Pilots a couple of thousand Kms ago & it's got 80% (DID Xring) chain & sprockets.
    It's 100% stock except for the dark metallic purple paintjob & the wave discs even has a Ventura rack if you want to go touring! it's got the standard fairings on so you'll be able to sell off all the stock gear to finance your STREETFIGHTER mods.
    From my experience, you're better off starting with a good running, rideable bike for your STREETFIGHTER project rather than a pile of parts, or an 'unfinished project' it works out heaps cheaper & easier, this is a bit over your budget but when you consider that it's had a couple of grand worth of new parts & service work done & the fact that you have all the standard gear in good nick to sell off - it's a bargain.
    I've got the rear wheel out at the moment because the rear disc is off being machined, I'll get you some pics when I get the wheel back in if you're interested.
    It will pass a Roadworthy in any state. I'm looking for $3000 (comes with an aftermarket straight through muffler to put on after rego) but I'm weak when someone has a hand full of cash.

Edit; Of all the ZXRs, the L models are the ones to go for, the 91-92 J models had the wrong rear suspension linkage ratio so they dragged their arse around corners, also the L engine is based on the J model's Racekit so Ls have something like 20 HP more than the Js.
    Last edited by TurboKat; 27-08-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Forgot sumpthn.

Ninja, Welcome mate and so happens I have a 94 GSXR 750 sitting in the garage as a incompleted project be happy to part with it if your interested. PM if you are.
    Last edited by LKC73; 27-08-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Welcome mate.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast