Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: er6-n tail mod - opinions please

how long till you get your fulls?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Welcome to the board, I actually like the ZX6 tail the most, it's a bit flat trackerish.

Blog Entries
    Wow, nice intro topic! Welcome aboard mate.

New to Streetfighters
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLZX View Post
    how long till you get your fulls?
    once i get my L's, i have to have them for a minimum of 3 months before i can do a test to get my P plates. after i get my P plates, i would have to keep them for 4 years (1 year on red P's and 3 years on green P's,) but because i have my car license i only have to keep the P's on until my car probationary period finishes, and because i got my car licence at the start of this year i will only be a probationary rider for less than 3 years. and i have to ride a learner approved bie for at least 12 months after i have got my P plates. sorry if that's super confusing lol

ASF Gold Full Member
    The ER-6 is an ace bike - just needs a new front end (radial brakes, so ZX-6R or 10R front end), a decent shock and a nice tail unit. I'd gor for a ZX-6 or 10 tail unit, maybe cut-down to suit the size of the ER, would be nice to keep it all Kawa.
    I think the KTM tail looks way too high - I've seen a few bikes with them fitted and they look really at odds without a fairing, and they're very angular too, so don't suit a bike with soft, flowing curves on the tank and frame.
    www.flat-out.com

New to Streetfighters
    Quote Originally Posted by MDM View Post
    The ER-6 is an ace bike - just needs a new front end (radial brakes, so ZX-6R or 10R front end), a decent shock and a nice tail unit. I'd gor for a ZX-6 or 10 tail unit, maybe cut-down to suit the size of the ER, would be nice to keep it all Kawa.
    I think the KTM tail looks way too high - I've seen a few bikes with them fitted and they look really at odds without a fairing, and they're very angular too, so don't suit a bike with soft, flowing curves on the tank and frame.
    yeah i'm really leaning towards the zx6r tail or the R6 tail. the more i look at the rc8 tail the more odd i think it looks

Weekend Warrior
    Hey mate, I think 2 or 3 for looks, but as it is a kwaka id go with the zx6 tail.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I'd go the zx6 tail.
    Are these bikes easy to UN-Lams?
    Is it just a throttle restrictor.....or complete ECU thats needed.....or is it the Gladius that needs the ECU?

Used to be so easy to get your licence, least these days you have a bit more choice in bikes to ride.

And ZX6

New to Streetfighters
    Quote Originally Posted by nick76 View Post
    I'd go the zx6 tail.
    Are these bikes easy to UN-Lams?
    Is it just a throttle restrictor.....or complete ECU thats needed.....or is it the Gladius that needs the ECU?
    there is both a mechanical (throttle body restrictor) and an electronic fuse type component that stops the valves from fully opening or something. i think its a DIY type job with only minor skills being needed to do so

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12