Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: er6-n tail mod - opinions please

New to Streetfighters

er6-n tail mod - opinions please

hey guys i'm cam. im a newbie (although i know a little bit, it's not much) but am looking at buying a kawasaki er6-n at the end of the year when i finish school. these have been raved about for a couple years now, and i love the look of them, all of it except the tail section. just so flat and boring.

i did i quick mock up of 3 different tail sections on the bike, hoping to be able to (probably not me, most likely a bike shop) do a bit of custom subframe work and make these tail sections able to fit on the bike. so far i've done a ktm RC8, yamaha R6 and and kawasaki zx6r.

which one do you guys like the most? and do you have any wisdom to share on how easy/hard this will be to do (i know of places where i can get all of these different tail sections out of fibre glass).

RC8

R6

zx6r

thanks guys! also, if you know of any other naked LAMs approved bikes (XJ6 or gladius or something) and reckon they're better than the er6, your opinion is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails er6n-rc8tail.jpg   er6n - r6 tail.jpg   er6n - zx6r tail.jpg  

Welcome mate. I like the first one. Nice high tail look.
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

RevHead
    welcome fella ,number 1 is the tail

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    love 1 but ud prob be better with 2 with rego and 45 from axl cover

Blog Entries
    Welcome Cam, I like number 2.

Welcome to the madness Cam. I'm with Bob on this one the RC8 looks the goods.

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Only if you want it to look good that is.
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    welcome N2

i like 1, but wouldn't the RC8 tail actually be a bit bigger than that?

Welcome mate

Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    i like 1, but wouldn't the RC8 tail actually be a bit bigger than that?
    Welcome lad,
    and yes creative photochopping will do that, the rc8 tail will be bigger, the r6 tail will be bigger, and that zx tail will DEFINATLY be bigger in real life.

That said, theres no reason you couldnt pull it off, the RC8 is the pic of the bunch though, new subframe and presto.

Maybe havta update the rest of the bike though, the sharp lines from the ktm tail dont quite match up to the curvey front of the er6

New to Streetfighters
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Welcome lad,
    and yes creative photochopping will do that, the rc8 tail will be bigger, the r6 tail will be bigger, and that zx tail will DEFINATLY be bigger in real life.

That said, theres no reason you couldnt pull it off, the RC8 is the pic of the bunch though, new subframe and presto.

Maybe havta update the rest of the bike though, the sharp lines from the ktm tail dont quite match up to the curvey front of the er6
    i did a couple measurements and according to my calculations the size 8.18% to be a 1:1 scale of tail to body with the zx 6r tail (i did this using wheelbases and scales).

heres a picture of the r6 tail on an er6 in real life, it looks pretty similar to my mock up.

i did some more calculations to see how the rc8 tail is and it only needs to be increased by 4.86% for it to be 1:1 scale with the bike. i am surprising myself about how accurate my first renderings were!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I've got the non-lams ER6N, and it's surprisingly entertaining. It's basically the MX5 of bikes, sure it lacks the raw power of a Skyline/Supra/WRX (or, if you will, R1/CBR/ZX10r) but it's probably more fun at lower speeds... Can't comment on the later year models, except it's disappointing they added so much weight!
    DEFINITELY get a Two Bro's pipe for it. There are some youtube vids giving you an impression of the different sounds available, but I've parked mine right next to my VTR thou (twin Yoshi's) and it's splitting hairs between them.

Cost-wise, you'll proably get your hands on a ZX tail more easily, and there's a chance it'll marry up to the frame with less mods, keeping it in the family, but I'd put my vote in for the R1, with RC8 close 2nd (for looks).

New to Streetfighters
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy1100 View Post
    love 1 but ud prob be better with 2 with rego and 45 from axl cover
    probably a rookie question, but i have no idea what the second part of that sentence means

New to Streetfighters
    Quote Originally Posted by Baref00t View Post
    I've got the non-lams ER6N, and it's surprisingly entertaining. It's basically the MX5 of bikes, sure it lacks the raw power of a Skyline/Supra/WRX (or, if you will, R1/CBR/ZX10r) but it's probably more fun at lower speeds... Can't comment on the later year models, except it's disappointing they added so much weight!
    DEFINITELY get a Two Bro's pipe for it. There are some youtube vids giving you an impression of the different sounds available, but I've parked mine right next to my VTR thou (twin Yoshi's) and it's splitting hairs between them.

Cost-wise, you'll proably get your hands on a ZX tail more easily, and there's a chance it'll marry up to the frame with less mods, keeping it in the family, but I'd put my vote in for the R1, with RC8 close 2nd (for looks).
    i like your analogy, i'm a lot more familiar with cars than bikes at the moment. i have just bought my first car a couple months ago and im in my last year at school so working is getting more and more hard with my exams in the not to distant future. all this means that i JUST have enough to buy the bike currently and ensure it etc etc so the slip-ons and other things on the bike will have to wait till later in the bikes life unfortunately

welcome mate...definatly no 1

Quote Originally Posted by kawacam View Post
    i did a couple measurements and according to my calculations the size 8.18% to be a 1:1 scale of tail to body with the zx 6r tail (i did this using wheelbases and scales).

heres a picture of the r6 tail on an er6 in real life, it looks pretty similar to my mock up.

i did some more calculations to see how the rc8 tail is and it only needs to be increased by 4.86% for it to be 1:1 scale with the bike. i am surprising myself about how accurate my first renderings were!
    Fair enough, that actually looks pretty good on there!

Quote Originally Posted by kawacam View Post
    probably a rookie question, but i have no idea what the second part of that sentence means
    Means have to think about where your licence plate will sit.
    Police love when fenders arent correctly placed, its almost as dangerous as outlaw mc's or terrorists...

Welcome!
    Stick with a Kawasaki

Blog Entries
    Not just u mate most people can't understand 1/2
    the shit that comes out my hole lol
    The law says u are surposed to have a min cover of the rear wheel
    ie guard etc and the min is a line from the center of the rear
    axel backwards at 45 *, most people run fender elim's but tec these are not allowed
    and is IMO fast becoming one of those small things the cops know and are looking for.
    And again this is IMO as a p plater u don't want to bait the fucks

New to Streetfighters
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy1100 View Post
    Not just u mate most people can't understand 1/2
    the shit that comes out my hole lol
    The law says u are surposed to have a min cover of the rear wheel
    ie guard etc and the min is a line from the center of the rear
    axel backwards at 45 *, most people run fender elim's but tec these are not allowed
    and is IMO fast becoming one of those small things the cops know and are looking for.
    And again this is IMO as a p plater u don't want to bait the fucks
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Fair enough, that actually looks pretty good on there!

Means have to think about where your licence plate will sit.
    Police love when fenders arent correctly placed, its almost as dangerous as outlaw mc's or terrorists...
    wow that is a crappy law. well i'm definitely going to ignore this rule, as i love the look of an exposed rear tyre, it just looks so aggressive. and plus, the stock fenders are pretty ugly to my eyes... and i would be removing it even if i was keeping the stock tail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast