Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Harris rebuild on Isle Of Harris

Weekend Warrior
    Isle Of Harris, Scotland, United Kingdom.
    Cheers folks. Pretty happy with it so far tbh. Looks a whole lot better with belt drives, etc gone thats for sure. More in keeping with performance aspect. Went back to original setup inside casing Surt. Just need to mount and wire in a reg/rec and should be fine. Output is a bit rubbish tbh as those big lights kill the charge. Saying that though I never really use headlights at all. Night driving on my roads is a bit dodgy to say the least with all the animals on the loose. lol

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    a belt drive looks good with a blower exclusively leaving alone a gearbox

Weekend Warrior
    Reg/rec mounted on a drilled alloy bracket down where alternator was. Gives me short run for wiring and most of wiring I needed was already there from before too. –

Coils mounted in same fashion on other side. Yes they will get water spray down there but can’t see it being a problem tbh. I’ve always ran the same coils/leads out in weather for 10+ years with no issues. On show but kind of functional looking I think. Again the wiring was already there from before which was handy. –

Spent a few evenings polishing the alloy back up after a year or two of turning white and furry. Did most of the touch-ups and fettling, etc. Added a bicycle speedo for the mot test, etc too. Basically changed about some small bits n pieces and re-checked everything I could. –

Got the oil and filter at last after a couple of places messing me about with shipping. Clearly Scotland is a separate planet only accessible but space rocket once every 3 light years or something. Ended up ordering it from germany as was half the price of shipping compared to England. Go figure.

Straight out the night the oil came. Took out old filter and cut it open just to make sure there as no swarf or metal parts in there. Spotless inside thankfully. Oil in and filter. Hit the starter and nothing…… Then remembered I’d moved the coils. Quick swap round of HT leads, hit the starter and it fired right up shattering the total silence in the shed for last few hours. Almost pissed my pants with excitement/surprise at is roared right up. Might have swore slightly… –

Got the timing reset, stripped and cleaned out/set the carbs, cleaned the plugs, etc. Running spot on now. Been 70-80 mph storms up here ever since of course as is the law of sod! Snow, ice and hailstones on top for good measure. Wanting a dry road for it’s test run as the anti-dive front end is a bit of an unknown at the moment. Want dry tarmac in case I find its being jerky or pulsing/locking or anything. Waiting game now really to get a test run and see what needs adjusted.

Ultimately I’m in no rush given the weather. Mot and stuff in feb/march when road salts, etc have buggered off. Got photographer coming up about the same time for a magazine shoot so yeah it’s all good.

Looks like I’m onto my trike rebuild after xmas break. Airbrushing 7 days a week at the moment so I can get a week or two off work over xmas.

Blog Entries
    Ha, yea, I saw that video before. That is one honest-to-god relief outburst! Awesome work mate. Who's doing the feature?

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    Ha, yea, I saw that video before. That is one honest-to-god relief outburst! Awesome work mate. Who's doing the feature?
    Dave Manning (ex streetfighters editor) is freelance these days and has shown an interest from as soon as I started this project so gave the nod to him. Not sure what magazines it will be in but presumably `BSH` and maybe the german `Fighters` magazine or something. See what mags are interested I suppose.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    looks shit hot

Blog Entries
    He'll do Flat-Out and world wide bomber for sure.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678