Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob's Monster

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

Rob's Monster

I've gone to the darkside, the GSXR cafe is still on the go tho some parts have been donated to my new ride.

I've wanted a Monster for 20 years so that's my reason why.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...its/m900se.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m900se.jpg  

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Good one Bladehunter..my monster is 12 years old and gets better all the time...just get yourself a good mechanic...

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    great platform to start with, not many mechanics left hey moz they all go to the darkside!!!!!!!

Hey Jonesey...not that Dark

Well fuck me, whataya know I actually finished something I started.

Everything fitted and running and ridden. Front hub machined for speedo drive, speedo drive shortened by 8mm to fit. Sprocket carrier machined down to align rear end. Just managed to fit the sprocket carrier on my mini lathe, time to get a bigger one. Even managed to get the groove for the circlip that holds the bearings in the right place after grinding a HSS boring bar to suit.
    Tho I reckon I'll need to machine a new sprocket carrier due to the shitty casting of the original.

Big thanks to ozzy and his swingarm pivot tool for the inspiration on how to machine the hub for the speedo drive, the wheel was too big to put on the mill. Actually I think it was easier using ozzy's way.

Making swarf is my next favourite thing to do.

Now to put all the spare monster parts on the GSXR cafe.

Blog Entries
    fucking top job mate and how good is yr mem that was a few yrs ago now lol
    i have used the same idea for a few jobs now and soon ill have my mill working but recon yr right its just easy this way

Random Dude "Always wondered what they look like unfaired"
    Me, a little confused.
    Random Dude goes on about his 900 supersport with injection.
    Me "Ummm it's a monster"
    Random Dude walks away.

Blog Entries
    lol i love it the other day a bloke told me my gsxr wasnt a streetfighter it was just a naked bike
    dont you love cock heads lol

RevHead
    i saw an r1 with a 7inch round headlight ,and this was its only mod ,when i asked the guy ,why it had that light and no fairings ,he said he had fightered it ,lol i laughed in his face so hard ,and then pointed at my hayabusa ,he,s r1 still had factory paint,love giving dh,s shit

Blog Entries
    mate at least he had a go
    unless he had his head up his arse and thought he knew better than you whats the trob
    pete mate i like u but fuck u have such a biggist cock syndrom
    my shit fighter is a std and i mean std gsxr 750 with the plastic off, bars and light
    do that mean im not a fighter..... i do get that if thats all he did had no idea about what or where we come from and wanted to call himself a fighter he needs a kick in balls

Blog Entries
    sorry blade forgot this was a personal thread

Nah ozz, man your "shit fighter" is closer to what the original idea was. Get the old girl back on the road for not too many beer tokens and ride the wheels off it.

Blog Entries
    thks mate i forgot to say i dont want to know what those brakes cost lol

I'm single, share a place with my good old suffering ma and don't drink.
    Probably the same amount some throw at a full exhaust system. And they were the best alternative to getting things working with the spoked wheels. The std Brembo calipers are just a touch wide and I didn't want to go to the 2 pot floating type caliper.

My build list loosley runs like this:
    Stopping
    Handling
    Getting the right line
    Working with the available power.

Years ago I was at Eastern Creek when Wayne Clarke did a time way under 1:50 on an 883 Sportser. Realised you don't need massive amounts of power to go quick.

Blog Entries
    mate its fresh to see people that have the good seance to look at things that way
    my project i want to be greedy and have power as well but it has always come last in my book do the rest well
    is better value for money in the real world

Woohoo scored a bargain today, rode down to Mittagong today pick up a pair of brand spanking new slip ons from Staintune. Not for a M900 but for a S4 but for $500 reduced from $1295 can't go wrong eh. A little persuasion and they fit. If lights good tomorrow I'll throw some pics up.

Just question, would it be worth putting in a lighter flywheel on the stock engine ? The paln is to get one of those plug in do hickeys and set the TPS properly and whatever needs doing and get a PCIII installed. Not looking to get outrageous power out of it but would like to get the best I can at the mo. Some of you guys kinda left me for dead at the NFR.

Blog Entries
    Lots of other things imo to look at before flywheel old boy

Quote Originally Posted by bladehunter View Post
    Woohoo scored a bargain today, rode down to Mittagong today pick up a pair of brand spanking new slip ons from Staintune. Not for a M900 but for a S4 but for $500 reduced from $1295 can't go wrong eh. A little persuasion and they fit. If lights good tomorrow I'll throw some pics up.

Just question, would it be worth putting in a lighter flywheel on the stock engine ? The paln is to get one of those plug in do hickeys and set the TPS properly and whatever needs doing and get a PCIII installed. Not looking to get outrageous power out of it but would like to get the best I can at the mo. Some of you guys kinda left me for dead at the NFR.
    i reckon you should upgrade to a 900 if you want more power... no point wasting money on a 600

RevHead
    Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    i reckon you should upgrade to a 900 if you want more power... no point wasting money on a 600
    what he said pop! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast