Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hyo's VFR750 2.0

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    if they only pick the indicators on it ill be having a good day there is plenty of other stuff they could pick on , but i think they will be fine the distance apart is enough and they are acually brighter than the e marked one i had on before its just they dont have that standards mark to keep licensing happy

ASF Premium Full Member
    Told 'ya you'd like them indicators!

Looking really good!

first ride today to work was only a short blast but seems comfy and steers nice so overall pretty happy with how it turned out

Blog Entries
    You know I was going to say this but I waited until the end, I fuckin' love the straight bars mate, looks so much better than the clip-ons in my opinion. The clip-ons had something, but this has it all. Nice work mate.

I prefered clip-ons on this bike. but if comfort is what you want then bars win all the way.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Yeah I preferred the clip ons too, still looks good just looked better before.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    i love the way it looks now mate clip ons are for gay kunts

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

haha rod nice one , but i know what your all saying , when i was doing it i wasnt sure if i should as i really did like the look of the clip ons but it was just so uncomfy and i didnt really want to ruin the look , but that headlight was so useless a moblie phone was brighter and moz and a few others had mentioned it was hard to see me in the mirror because of it (personally i think it was because i was already in front that they couldnt see me) but this might grow on me yet , ill see how she goes can always go back or do something different , streetfighter with ape hangers anyone haha now that would be gay

headlight wrapped today with some of that 3m carbon i had left , saves painting it for now i spose

Blog Entries
    thats a great looking bike mate really like it alot well done you must be chuffed to ride it

cheers kev more time to ride it would be nice , but i am out on it tommorrow first time in ages looking forward to some 2 wheel time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1264.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	2884

so it seems around here that forced induction is the new black around here , and so i have gone on the hunt for options , turbo will be a hard one with the likes of a rear mount turbo and a blow through carb setup , alot of mucking around to get right being a v4 carbs on and off is just a prick , having supercharged a car of mine and having just helped on a blown 350 im a bit of a fan of it , so i have done a bit of looking around there are a few vmax's out there with top mount chargers and holleys (yuck) so there others that i can research some more

so i scored this amr500 postitive displacement charger , 500cc's of air per revolution and a 160000 rpm redline , google shows me there used in many applications and seem to be pretty reliable , i found some good info that needs some reading time spent on it

Name:	IMAG1263.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	2882

Name:	IMAG1268.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	2883

so my plan is take the carbs and manifolds out make my own manifold top mount the charged crank drive for the belt low boost 6 psi or so , fake glass tank cover fuel cell under , carby im thinking large flatslide , downsides i can see are reduced reliability , heat , smaller fuel capacity , the fuzz being haters

2 other options :

turbo the vfr and give it efi

stick the charger on the gsx1100g and drag race it

Hehehe join the dark side lol

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    Dont do it, keep the vfr for all ya ridin and bomb the fuck outa something else.
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by MattyDucati View Post
    Dont do it, keep the vfr for all ya ridin and bomb the fuck outa something else.
    ^^this^^

Lets hit the auction and find you another project, keep the viffer for smashing backroads..
    Oh the thundercunt 1000 is finished...

ASF Premium Full Member
    They do have a point the VFR is looking really good and with a decent punter like you on board no doubt leaves many in its dust!

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    ^^this^^

Lets hit the auction and find you another project, keep the viffer for smashing backroads..
    Oh the thundercunt 1000 is finished...

right after much looking and thinking about the vfr its just to much fun and ultra reliable to wreck it , still next winter it will get a makeover new look new colour that should make me happy

but the fate for the supercharger is still bike bound , in the shed is the gsx1100g of shaft drive goodness the blower may make it here as at beverly just around the corner there is dirt drags just about every month , it looks like fun and the bike is sitting there and i dont think it will be a nice commuter so strip it dirt tyre it and race it , sandfighter

Booyah! I picked up a gsx 750f to fighter for Tan, steel frame, bring on the madness

rightio a year on from getting it on the road and the one thing ive really wanted to change was the rear shock , front end is cbr929 and the rear shock i picked up is also from the cbr and is a easy swap from what i have been reading just needs a spacer made as its a tad shorter so whilst im at it ill make it a bit longer to jack the back a bit more so i can drop the forks back down the tripples to get some road clearance again as i picked up a belly pan for her aswell that im going to make fit if it doesnt look to shit its a vf500 one kinda suits it , and lastly im going to make a new muffler stainless underslung and forward facing with a 90 deg slash cut tip

RevHead
    seeing your bike in person at the drags ,,was good ,its one of the cleanest fighters id ever seen and really well put together, your newest mods will look the goods

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast