Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyo's VFR750 2.0

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Hyo's VFR750 2.0

so the previous buikd thread for the newbys my vfr750 fighter http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...ighter-project

So ive been riding it for a while and ive clocked up some 7000ks and its been great , rides well , has been drama free , but there are few things that id like to change

firstly the bars as much as the clip ons look mint giving the cafe fighterish look and are awesome in the twisty stuff , they are just so hard on my wrists which are pretty much rooted already from racing bmx and a few brocken bones , plus that fuel tanker of a fuel tank just isnt made for hugging thats for sure especially with my slender build NOT

secondly that headlight sure it looks the goods but it is absolutly useless , it points at the ground about 5 metres in front of the bike and on high beam it moves up about half a metre thats on full adjustment , its only a 35w 35w h4 i tried a 50/65 but it was to hot and started to melt the housing , i tried a h4 LED globe it was nice and white but still crap , wasnt going to was my time with a HID in the end

thirdly the exhaust im in two minds with it at the moment and feel free to give me some ideas , the high rise sounds good and keeps it semi legal but the shorty sounds better and is f'ing loud but runs like a bag of shit with it on , id like to do some thing even better and have something even more tucked away similar to bens venom tlr , so if yas have any ideas shoot away
    the high rise

the shorty which give the illusion of a slimmer rear end , maybe???

so with all that in mind i started buying up some bits , in the original build i really wanted a LSL urban head light but at the time i couldnt afford one , but recently one was on ebay and after doing some research and contacting a few members cheers mono and banditrod i got onto crazymofo you was selling it , it was purchased and on its way

then it was onto the bars , i really wanted the clip ons but flat drag bars would be so much more comfy , did some looking around and got a Cool n Comfy top clamp anodized black with red risers sent from the land of never ending rain (not victoria) landed at my door for $220 might not be a blingy as some but it looks good , some chrome flat drag bars , then since there flat bars those BXP ressie are gonna be on the piss so on the phone to Ben at extremes for some new straight adaptors , and whilst i was there some of his fancy fork mount indicators , and a new acewell mount

though i have come across a problem already , just had a quick look at the top clamp and i think its going to foul the tank , since cbr vs vfr this might pose a problem , adjust my stops so i dont get as much lock or modify the tank or maybe i can slide it back just the slightest bit

lastly i was going to get the headlight surround painted to match the bike and touch up the front gaurd as there is a few good sized stone chips in it already but , after getting a bit carried away one afternoon there is a few more panels to touch up aswell as a rear hub that needs dismantling to get some belt material out of the seal , so if im going to touch it up and maybe have to modify that tank i might mount the gauge on the tank and think of a new colour to dip her in

whoops but it was all good fun

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Nice one. I've got a set of black drag bars on my VFR750 project. Picked up some LSL adaptors from the German e-bay site so I don't think I'll have any fouling issues as they sit very nicely on the original triple clamp. Might have a problem with the master cylinders running into the top of the fork stems though.

Those fork mounted indicators look really sweet.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Now you're talking Scotty.

like you I really like the cafe look but a bitch to ride at anything other than flat out rate which is OK if you are on a race track but not in the real world.

Zorst will be hard as you have pipes everywhere!

You mention Legal? PPFFTTT!

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    Make a sweet ride Sweeter!
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

Finaly a headlight that you can see with..looking good Scotty

ASF Standard Full Member
    Love this bike. I followed your last build and it really inspired me to get in and have a go.
    I reckon your on the right path here now. I'm not a big fan of clip ons and would've went for a set of fatbars.
    The exhaust is ok as is, but that shorty you had on sounded wicked. Maybe have a go at jetting it to suit it or something so it rides better.
    I like that new light too. I found a similar one to replace my dominators with later on down the track which is similar to this one but with indicators in it.

Belly pan???

cheers fellas , might get cracking on it tommo , the headlight im looking forward to at least ill be able to see on me way home from the drags, yeah had thought about a belly pan , if i have to mod the tank and paint again i might just do the belly pan thing , kinda the wrong time of the year to be pulling the bike apart should be waiting till next winter but o well

Hyo, I look forward to the next batch of mods as i followed your build aswell. Should come up awesome for you mate.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Weekend Warrior
    Heya Scotty

Just checking in and found your 2.0 topic, good stuff. What you need is a Two Brothers Racing full system with left exit - lots of bass thump and it doesn't much matter what muffler you run - just make sure all the photos are taken from the right side

Mine is an Indigo right exit system, much harder to find than the TBR, but I am talking to an exhaust shop about a run of copies - I'd fund the intial run, then recoup the cost by selling them. I'll let you know if that eventuates, as I am not interested in becoming an exhaust mogul and I am helping the shop make a buck off 4WD owners the price might actually be pretty reasonable.

The headlight looks the goods, but a HID projector retrofit would really set it off... chrome shroud and paint the reflector black. I just bought a set of 3" projectors that are just about a bolt-in to my 2008 Patrol, from these guys: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

Let me know if you want any more info on that.

Dude, will it be ready for summer? Project thunderpigstuntomatic is gonna be ready for mahem!
    Oh, i borrowed a trials bike for urban wheelie fun time so pop around for a drink and a skid!

phantom i think i stick with the urban mt03 light as i paid for that one already , as for the exhaust well i have been home sick for the last 4 days and i have smashed the net and reread all my streetfighter mags and i think i might try to replicate something like this maybe

azrael how do you feel about welding a fuel tank , i think im going to have to section the front of it , i was thinking i might make a glass mould of it and make it look cool with the acewell moulded in it and have a fuel cell under the the fake tank but i like the 20 odd ltr capacity , so a reshape might be in order , if this is going to happen i might try and find another vfr tank so i can still ride till its done

Count me fucken in! Grab another tank and lets chop..

Blog Entries
    uncle chop chop lol

well she went for her last spin with clip ons this morning and then it was on , pull down time

so off the bits came and some problems were encountered but nothing that cant be solved , the top clamp is isnt as bad as i thought it was going to be , i think i can knock a bit off meat off the clamp there is a fair bit there and maybe adjust out my stop a tad and it should be right , fingers crossed

next problem was the bars , i really wanted flat bars but with out using some riser blocks im not going to get the master cylinders to clear the fork tops even with the wanky adjusters off so i think im going to have to go some mx style bars , o well join the masses

so apart from those things and getting some longer front brake lines , throttle cables and choke cable it should be a goer , looks good so far any way

Blog Entries
    this bike is looking good mate , i like it alot

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I've got a similar problem with my VFR project. I'm going to try moving the master cylinders between the grips and the switch blocks, which should give me enough clearance. It makes the levers a bit wide, but a set of shorty levers should fix that - both brake and clutch cylinders are fairly new Nissin ones.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    i like where this is heading scotty

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

cheers rod , hoping it all turns out good , so the drag bars didnt happen likei wanted so ive gone the good ol mxbars , cant beat em join em hey , but they will work , so i have the thottle cables and choke cables out and getting some lengthened ones , ill have to get onto longer flont brake lines , and the worst bit cut and shut the looms to make them longer but ill neaten it up a bit wilst im at it , plus move the igntion key so the acewell can mount up neater , all this before sending her over for the drags , im gonna be busy

Looking Good Hyo!
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast