Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hyo's VFR750 2.0

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

VFR750 3.0 last time i promise maybe

so i liked the mx bars and they were comfy especially for that trip over east to the drags but i still wanted flat bars and after fitting the ones that werent wide enough to the dirt dragger i really liked the look and i still wanted that for the vfr so i stopped in at toms one arvo and got from him some raw 7/8 cro mo tube and made my own flat bars , nice and wide at 900mm to give the staunch look and clear everything from the tripples but thats when i went a bit far for a simple arvo job

so whilst i was going to fit them i thought ill move the fork tube indicators under the bottom clamp and move the forks back down the clamps to give back some ground clearance , so then i took the headlight surround to the painters to use the leftover paint i had to cover it and touch up the front gaurd of its chips

next was the rear i had that cbr shock to put in and it needed a spacer to be made to bring it up to the same ride height so i made it thicker to jack her up a tad more about 20mm in the end and that cbr shock rides heaps better than the vfr but now its more adjustable the plan is to get the front and back setup by someone you knows what there doing

the only drama is the ressie hose is close to the exhaust but ill just have to keep an eye on it

tried to fit that belly pan but after chopping and chopping to get it to fit it just ended up looking cheesy and was so flimsy i binned it , same with the muffler idea it just wasnt going to fit nice so out the window with that idea , so end result i thought the bars were a bit wide at first but now the gaurd and surround is on i like the look and suprisingly its comfy , but im yet to take it for a decent thrashing so ill see after that

ASF Premium Full Member MattyDucati's Avatar
    Nice!
    Cheers Matt

I hate being bipolar, its awesome!

Looks bloody good, those bars are wide.

How about a sound file.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Now you're talking!

Silly question - you can't spin the shock so the remote is to the other side?

nar the header is right in the way the other way round

ASF Premium Full Member
    That looks great, definitely no lane splitting though.
    I finally put the 929 rear shock in mine, too. Hasn't been ridden in anger with the new shock yet though.
    more titanium than my bike

Fuck yeah man! Thats rad!

Looks sweet scotty

Blog Entries
    Love those wide bars mate. In fact, what the fuck am I on about? Look at this:

The whole package is brilliant.

Nice one Scotty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130323_111253_zps6408e4ef.jpg  

Looks ace as Scotty, really love the bars.

Hey man, I'm new around here. I was linked to this build by Gix11 in my introduction thread and I'm glad he did. Its not my style, I prefer a more neutral naked look, but its very impressive work. That "cola" paint looks really cool.

I was thinking about your rear shock, would it be worth it to get the reservoir hose connection repositioned to the 90 degree so its pointing straight at the back wheel? Not sure what cost comes with a mod like that, but I have had it recommended to me that i should get my vtr250 rear shock nodded to be reconditionable instead of buying a whole new Ohlins or Hagon or other. I can't imagine repositioning the resi connection would cost too much. But then I don't know much of anything either, so there's that...

That's a nice looking bike, dude! Good job!

Mate, that looks sick!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234