Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Budget Adjustable rearsets, For most makes.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    errr, your signature & topic header say "make to order" so why can't you make some for Bear..... Oh, I know.... BECAUSE YOU DON'T
    A tip for the future mate, AUSTRALIANS ARE NOT STUPID.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by turbokat

errr, your signature & topic header say "make to order" so why can't you make some for Bear..... Oh, I know.... BECAUSE YOU DON'T
    A tip for the future mate, AUSTRALIANS ARE NOT STUPID.
    What? Why you angy me? I don't understand. I can't do 2004 R1 with stock shift pattern because the factory has 2004-2006 R1 with the reverse shift pattern only but another model has a stock shift pattern.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    thats the point mate

you say your products are made-to-order but clearly u are just reselling them from some catalogue a factory has given you

thats why i asked for photos of your workshop, if u had been genuine than you wouldve been able to walk out there, take a shot and then post it up

i would even go as far as to say that you are buying the stuff from someone else, polishing up the finish to look a bit prettier and then selling it on for a fair bit more!!!!

we are all pretty clued on here, many of us have had a crack at making these sorts of things over the years
    things are not looking good for you here...
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

thats the point mate

you say your products are made-to-order but clearly u are just reselling them from some catalogue a factory has given you

thats why i asked for photos of your workshop, if u had been genuine than you wouldve been able to walk out there, take a shot and then post it up

i would even go as far as to say that you are buying the stuff from someone else, polishing up the finish to look a bit prettier and then selling it on for a fair bit more!!!!

we are all pretty clued on here, many of us have had a crack at making these sorts of things over the years
    things are not looking good for you here...
    Hi Mr.fimpBIKES, I said "Make to Order" because customer have to wait 4-7 days for making the product after it's finished,i send the product to a customer and I'm an middleman between the factory and customer. Thank you

exactly
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

This is a piss take for sure

Im with turbo on this hes pretty much said it but not quite

The one thing about it is if its cheap thai stuff it should be "CHEAP"

you live in a third world country were all you work for 2$ a day they should be about 20$ a set and youd still be ripping us off.

As for mr Large hes probly behind this silly prank

Blog Entries
    nbnk - email sent mate.

Weekend Warrior
    ass end of the poluted river, SOUTH OZ, Australia.
    if i had the coin right now i'd grab a set for the TLs in black. after chrissy i'll give the guy a go its hard to start on ebay as we know. but were across that hurdle now $$$$$$$ company now.
    best way to find out a sellers product on ebay is to contact numerous buyers from there feed back.

i checked it out, he lists the TLS and TLR as the same

pretty sure they arent are they?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Ok, He is so keen to sell that he's going to send a set across for me to analyse. If it all shapes up well I will let you know and give him some credit.

Weekend Warrior

i checked it out, he lists the TLS and TLR as the same

pretty sure they arent are they?

TLs & TLr They are the same pattern and interchangeable...

EDIT: i passed the link onto the guys in TLzone for the TLS/R sets.
    actls thinks they look to be a SATO knock off.

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/links/9...ml#post1221730

SATO:

Nobunaka Racing

Weekend Warrior

Quote: from a TLzone member.

Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    I just received my set of those and their sweet. Got em for $180 +ship. I wish the guy would make some damn instructions but I figured it out. He also sent the wrong heel guard for the right side but sent a new one out right away.

ok thanks for the thumbup on him.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    hmm sounds like they could be worth a look

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Blog Entries
    Ok ladies. Here's the deal......

Manit (nbnk) contacted me after the negative responses to his offer. I also thought the same as you guys as to the quality of the rearsets based on previous experiences. Anyway, Manit was so convinced his gear was better than the usual stuff that he offered to send a set over for us to look at, ...and look at it we did.

We had chance to do a comparo as Ozkat who was also there had a set of the Narsurin rearsets that he got from Ebay for around $110 (same as Veetwo got for $180). We laid them out together and gave them a good looking over. The top set is the cheaper Narsurin set and the bottom ones are the Nobunaka ones that nbnk is offering:

The first thing you notice is the finish. The Nobunaka have been finished off all over with a polishing wheel and all sharp edges removed, unlike the Narsurin ones. The finish is in a near gloss black as opposed to the flat black of the others. The next thing you notice is the actual construction.

Although they both come in pieces in a box, the Nobunaka ones actuall have all quality bolts all over and they fit the holes correctly at the right length and also leave all moving parts flowing freely when tightened correctly.

With the cheaper set there was bolts missing, the ones that were there were too short and some of the ones you didn't see from the front even had phillips heads as opposed to the allen heads. Not only that the cheaper set need washers to space the bearings away from the hardware and even when that was done the movement was sticking.

The Nobunaka set came with a drawing to assemble it, biut unless you look at rearsets every day you'd be hard pushed to put it together without going out to your bike to check what was what (which is what I had to do). Shayne's cheaper set on the other hand came with no instructions at all and we actual put his together in the shed that night while looking at the others as a guide!

The nbnk ones are highly adjustable with holes for different placement.

here's the brake side:

and here's the gear side:

Now although these things aren't going to ever compare to the top shelf stuff they are definitely worthy of a budget rearset buy based on build quality and components (although I have vouched to fix them and try them soon and I will let you know more after that). I would say that some locktite would not go a miss on either set though, just for security.

We came to the conclusion that the two sets in the comparo were definietly brothers but one was just a bit of a problem child. If you like to get stuff out of the box, fix it up and feel safe I would say that the Nobunaka set is well worth a look. If you are the sort of person who likes to count your pennies, replace all the bolts, pull your hair out trying to work out how they fit togther etc etc, then the cheap set might be for you.

All in all, if you are looking for a nice set of replacement rearsets without spending your life savings give nbnk's gear a go.

I will probably do this review in the new parts section also as now I have some confidence in his gear.

interesting stuff Si,

although you are putting yourself in a bit of a tricky position
    as someone who has received some free stuff for their personal vehicle that has personally been sent to you by the bloke in charge

its hard to know if the ones you got actually represent what the average consumer would get...

but, saying that
    they DO look good, i would buy these ones instead of the cheapo ones purely based on the fact that i HATE phillips heads

anyways BELIEVE me, these things are harder to make yourself than you might originally think
    and i doubt they would end up looking THAT good (mine look like crap compared to those ones [XX(])
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

They look fairly tidy - and for a vehicle that isn't going to see heavy duty like my 12r might be the trick - especially considering I've fucked my rearsets...

Blog Entries

interesting stuff Si,

although you are putting yourself in a bit of a tricky position
    as someone who has received some free stuff for their personal vehicle that has personally been sent to you by the bloke in charge
    I totally agree with you mate. That's one thing I didn't want it to look like. Hence why I took it to the BBQ for all to check and hence why I won't be keeping them on my bike. I wanted to test them to make sure I wasn't giving misleading advice. They will probably end up as a prize on the website for someone as I didn't pay for them and never asked for them. I still stand by the comments I made pre-fitted test.

yeah, i know
    and i like to think i can trust ya

one of the best review sites ive found is webbikeworld mainly cos they have to buy all their products that they test

but then, sometimes if people have bought something they tend to convince themselves how good it is cos otherwise they look silly
    (i.e. anyone who has every bought a honda and then explained to me why LOL)

anyways, tricky stuff!

i dont think anyone here would mind u keeping them, you've earnt whatever kick-backs come your way!
    or maybe sell em and put the proceeds into the sites fund or whatever

be hard to give off as a prize though, although 90% of people here do seem to own AT LEAST one old gixxer
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

+1 for 'maybe sell em and put the proceeds into the sites fund or whatever'
    and
    'i dont think anyone here would mind u keeping them, you've earnt whatever kick-backs come your way!'

+1 for 'maybe sell em and put the proceeds into the sites fund or whatever'
    and
    'i dont think anyone here would mind u keeping them, you've earnt whatever kick-backs come your way!'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast