Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: My long termer Z650

ASF Gold Full Member
    And four hundred bucks a year for the priviledge of getting pissed off with adverts left right and motherfuckin' centre. Go suck a dick Photobucket.
    www.flat-out.com

ASF Gold Full Member
    And, thanks to the lovely people at imgbb (who don't charge and, seemingly, don't have advert-overload)...
    www.flat-out.com

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Looks good mate, lots of space to wield your magic

ASF Gold Full Member
    Thankyou beautiful people at imgBB.com, you're so much better than the mindless fucktards at Photobucket...
    www.flat-out.com

Blog Entries
    Holy Shit Dave, you won't know yourself in there mate! Might want to get a compass or a map of something as well so you don't get lost? Nice work.

ASF Gold Full Member
    I tried to do something, I really did...

After a lot of rooting through boxes and trying to find the 'safe place' where I put the bits that still need to be fitted, I finally found the Mikuni HSR...

Buoy'd with enthusiasm, I also found the clutch pack, and whipped off the cover to get it fitted...
    Hang on, there's one in there already? How did that happen? I don't remember fitting it...

Hey ho, at least I can fit the clutch lock-up while the cover is off, right? That'll be a no. The lock-up is for a five bolt clutch, not the six bolt that I have...

I'm now wondering if I've got my lock-ups mixed up, as I'm sure I have another one somewhere that is supposedly for a GSX-R, maybe I got them confused? The problem is, I can't find it as it is also in a 'safe place'...

This isn't a case of one step forward, one step back. But more a case of several steps sideways...
    www.flat-out.com

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Oh the horror

Blog Entries
    ...and all this after you demolished your hand. It's all getting a bit wiggly for you at the moment hey mate?

ASF Gold Full Member
    It continues...
    Copping the hump with the clutch side of the engine, I moved to the other.
    I managed to find the alternator stator and rotor, which was nice, and bolted the stator into the engine cover with some lovely fresh thread lock. Then, as the 'nose' on the crank looked a little rough, I lapped the rotor on with some valve grinding paste, cleaning it all scrupulously afterwards. Getting somewhere eh?
    Er, no, not really...
    To fit the rotor I needed to get all the starter clutch and ring gear bits together and fit them as well, and could I find them? Could I bollocks. I ,looked in every single box in the garage - Every. Single. One - and even though I can remember exactly where the bits were before I emptied the shed before the house move, and I've found the other bits that were in that cupboard, I can't find the bits that I need right-the-fuck now!
    Mind you, I did find my fuel tap (for the second time) which is nice...
    And Si, my hand is out of plaster now, no pins left in it, so it's nowhere near as gimpy as it was a month ago...
    www.flat-out.com

ASF Gold Full Member
    Fuel tap!
    www.flat-out.com

ASF Gold Full Member
    A 260 mile round trip to the old Shed Of Dread and I found a box of stuff, including some bits I needed, and lots that I don't...

Ooh, looky here!
    www.flat-out.com

ASF Gold Full Member
    And I found not one, but two ring gear...

Which matches the two clutch baskets and two alternator stators that I seem to have collected somehow...
    www.flat-out.com

ASF Gold Full Member
    And also got a bellmouth from Chinaland, although I'm not convinced yet and may opt for a proper filter...#

www.flat-out.com

ASF Gold Full Member
    With a mind like a sieve, and an online search revealing no insight, I don;'t know what gasket will fit this tap...
    www.flat-out.com

Blog Entries
    That's the same as the old GSXR one isn't it? Try one of them.
    Good old Shed of Dread, so many goodies lost in it's chasm of procrastination.

ASF Gold Full Member
    You thought I'd forgotten about this project?
    Well, I sort of had, as been distracted with other stuff...
    www.flat-out.com

ASF Gold Full Member
    But back on it now. Gt a GSX-R gasket for the fuel tap, which hasn't got the 'bars' that cross it, and also found a rubber Pingel one that could work if I cut out a bigger hole in the middle, so I might use that.
    Also got all the starter clutch bits sorted, with rebuild kit, new needle roller etc, and cleaned up the utterly manky ring gear and idler gear that had lots of hard bits between the teeth that I assume are bits of old magnet from a knackered alternator...
    I'll try and post pics of this and other stuff when I remember where my whatsit-thingummy account is...
    www.flat-out.com

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDM View Post
    But back on it now. Gt a GSX-R gasket for the fuel tap, which hasn't got the 'bars' that cross it, and also found a rubber Pingel one that could work if I cut out a bigger hole in the middle, so I might use that.
    Also got all the starter clutch bits sorted, with rebuild kit, new needle roller etc, and cleaned up the utterly manky ring gear and idler gear that had lots of hard bits between the teeth that I assume are bits of old magnet from a knackered alternator...
    I'll try and post pics of this and other stuff when I remember where my whatsit-thingummy account is...
    Still such a cool project dude.....:-)

Blog Entries
    Good to see you back in here Dave.

ASF Gold Full Member
    Thanks lads
    Got a bit delayed as tried to fit starter ring gear and rotor etc but I can't find the bolt that holds the rotor on the end of the crank, so have had to order a new one.
    But carried on with bits and bobs, alongside another project (that I'll probably document on here as well, don't think I started a thread...). The standard clock have been gutted, and I'm using an aftermarket rev counter / speedo jobbie in one clock 'pod', and a boost gauge in the other. They're fitted, but need some sort of surround to fit in the pod to make them look right. AlClick image for larger version. 

Name:	boostclokbit1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	8522so, the pods need some glass in them, but I'll be using perspex, and I ordered that fro t'interwebs this morning...
    www.flat-out.com

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast