Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: triumphs street triple

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

triumphs street triple

anyone of you heard when the new street
    triple will be available??
    I just rang the dealer up here and surprise..surprise...
    they have no idea!!! was meant to be december but this may of changed! ????

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    was supposed t be nov but but ill tell u this its a right tool

you saying its a bad bike????

quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

was supposed t be nov but but ill tell u this its a right tool

Blog Entries
    Nah mate, he means tool for the job. Stu had the Rapid bike demo 675 which this is based on last week and that thing sounded the business and was pushing 135hp - FROM A 600! Tell me that's not good.

uh huh!! my bad... read it the wrong way...
    i got to ride a mates 675 to katherine a few weeks (the new sporty)
    and the thing was freakin awesome!! thought these cant be
    bad either??!
    cheers Si,

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I work near the Melbourne Triumph warehouse & last week I'm sitting at the lights on my way home when 2 blokes on the new 675 Street Triples pulled up next to me. I'd never seen one in the flesh before so we're having a yarn & I'm checking the Trumps out & they're checking the 'Fighter out so the lights change & we pull over & stop on the side of the road.
    Turns out these blokes are given the bikes to use how they want for a week or 2 to rack up some Ks & run them in & set them up before the Aussie press launch.
    Long story short, both blokes were in their 30s & are very experienced riders who'd been in the trade for ever & ridden tons of different bikes, both of them were absolutely raving & I mean raving about the things & they both reckon it's the best bike they've ever ridden (they obviously hadn't ever ridden a Kawasaki) Power, torque, handling, balance, braking, you name it, they said it will sell in boatloads. The pricks wouldn't let me ride one but I can tell you that from a standing start they can out accellerate a 12 year old 900 !!
    I'm really keen to pretend I want to buy one so I can have a test ride when they get into the showrooms. [}]

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hahahaha, power? Torque?

Handling, yes, but that is it. They are tiny, underpowered and burn your arse after five minutes in the saddle. I took one for a test ride a while back and was seriously underwhelmed.
    They are already out and about as motorcycle disposals has already sold a write-off...

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Hahahaha, power? Torque?

Handling, yes, but that is it. They are tiny, underpowered and burn your arse after five minutes in the saddle. I took one for a test ride a while back and was seriously underwhelmed.
    They are already out and about as motorcycle disposals has already sold a write-off...
    er Speed Triple or Street Triple?

Weekend Warrior
    Nothing underwhelming about the one me and Stu road 130+rwhp. Mind you it did have one or two goodies!

quote:er Speed Triple or Street Triple?
    STREET TRIPLE mate...
    I've heard they are good

my triples anything but underpowered ill admit it aint got the top end of most thousands but where it counts midrange its got serious stompin power chucks out 140bhp[120rwbhp] [which makes the little brothers 130,i think that figure is at the crank btw, even more impressive]

well as far as I can concluded they are a good bike, the reports ive managed to access
    in the last 24 hours has sold me on one!!
    the price is great, the over all package sounds pretty hard to beat really, i was a bit unsure
    on the "low CC's" but looks like you can get quite a few pony's out of them..... the other thing
    which I like is yesterday shannons quoted me $370 for insurance. as soon as I can get to one in the flesh and have a look i'll be happy... if its anything like the sports model I'm all but sold.

Weekend Warrior
    frankenbiker the one I tested was over 130 at the rear wheel, it did have a lot of engine work done. It does show what can be done.
    I’m looking forward to the street triple, although they have been retuned for low down grunt. For some reason that always shits me, the have next to no suspension adjustment, Hence the low price. They should let us make the decision to pay a bit extra for the full spec shocks.

My thoughts exactly Tony - just 'cos you pull the fairings off doesn't mean that you don't want a decent ride. I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing 675 Daytona front ends thrown into the street triple? Probably about 3 minutes afer it leaves the showroom, if I ever buy one....!
    That 675 has sweeeeeeeeet suspension front & rear that's for sure - and fuck it goes... with the addition of a few 'extra's' anyhoo! I did notice quite a bit of difference between the one I rode last week and the standard test ride I had the other month. The stocker seemed quite asmathic in comparison!

I wonder how hard it would be to slot a 1050 in there...? Shouldn't be too hard

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    now your talking!!!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Let's just hope the Street Triple seat doesn't eat your inside leg like that 675 you and Pommie test rode mate. That was really uncomfortable. It was a very tall bike by the way - shortarses need not apply.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Let's just hope the Street Triple seat doesn't eat your inside leg like that 675 you and Pommie test rode mate. That was really uncomfortable. It was a very tall bike by the way - shortarses need not apply.
    awwww
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by pommie

I’m looking forward to the street triple, although they have been retuned for low down grunt. For some reason that always shits me, the have next to no suspension adjustment, Hence the low price. They should let us make the decision to pay a bit extra for the full spec shocks.
    What I have been saying for ages.
    Same as all the BIG Nakeds,
    Hornet, Bandit etc were low spec,
    as were XJR, GSX14, CB and ZRX although spot on for the retro market,
    FZ1, Speed Triple were close but lacked ltr+ big bore grunt...

Which is why i bought the Ugly-King.
    Looks like a Baboon's arse, but the motor
    and running gear are pretty good..[8D]

Tony.J.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast