Thread: Melbourne Stunt Riders or clubs?

Melbourne Stunt Riders or clubs?

Does anyone know of any stunt groups or clubs in Melbourne? I would like to have a go but I don't know where I can go to practice even something simple, like a wheelie.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    the freeway has plenty of room or i know there used to be some come and try days at calder park
    Last edited by BANDITROD; 05-04-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    there is always industrial areas.

ha ha, yes, except I find the freeways full of traffic (and police). I will have to search a bit harder around some industrial areas for a nice long strip of road.

plenty of nice straight roads out my way but its a fair ride to get here

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    it's a fair straight boring ride to get there too Rod... Will have to do that again soon some time though.

for sure mate we are heading out skiing today (well the kids will be ill be stuck on the bank)

im thinking of building a stunt bike to learn wheelies and the like on. i have my expensive streetfighter so dont want to bin that.
    looking at the 2003/4 Ninja 636 then bolting the stunt gear on while still registered.

is there anywhere i can come down and have a chat with people and watch to get tempted into my project? i dont want to steal your riding spot or anything, i have my own. i just dont want to out lay the cost of a stunt bike (that you will never get your money back on if you dont like it) if i find its not for me. i doubt its not though. it that or a trials bike in the back yard.

cheers
    grnman

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Just make sure if your going to do some "harmless stunting " in an industrial area your in well with the locals first. If its a legal road (and the coppers will make dam will sure it is if they can) Anti hoon laws apply , lift a wheel or slip a tyre on the road one bit and your up for impoundment, And a court date. Private bitumen is tricky to find treat it like gold if you find it .

Thanks for the tips Red. i think there is some other law that states the private property must have a fence between it and the public road as well.