Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My '93 GSXR 750 WP Build (what have I started???)

ASF Standard Full Member
    Well another f#$king disaster. was plodding along nicely and dropped the old girl in to get the carbies checked over and a little tuning and a run on the dyno. I knew things were not all roses down below with a few leaks etc but was really hoping for a break...but alas no luck. The carbies are Donald Ducked so that means big $$ in repairing . probably $1000 in parts plus labour for repair or a full new set about $1400 plus labour etc.(the man said a new set was probably the best option)

So anyone her got a set 0f 38mm mikunis for a 93 gsxr 750 wp?? I may have to break the old girl as i don't think I can afford a couple of grand to get the carbies replaced and still no paint done.

Anyone know the best place to try and source a second hand set preferably with some sort of warranty so i can get em checked out??

Man I'm over this sh1t.
    and on the seventh God said " I'll be back in a few hours I'm goin for a rip on the bike "

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?23591-My-93-GSXR-750-WP-Build-(what-have-I-started-)

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    shit mate for that price you could pick up some flatslides..hopefully someone here will have a set..i had a set of 40mms but sold them to get 38s...keep yer chin up something will come up

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    What's wrong with the carbs? They're well known for a couple of things:
    1) They'll never ever work properly with pods.
    2) The o-ring around the float valve is reknowned for leaking.
    3) They wear the needle jet badly - some guys make up stepped washers for the needle totry to stop it kicking over and wearing the jet. Aftermarket (Dynojet) needle jets are particularly bad for it (softer brass).

Full sets of carb o-rings can be had in viton from thailand for way cheaper than oem - everyone on the gixxer board swears by them.
    http://litetek.co/Carb_Kit_Suzuki_GSXR750_93-95.html

Flatties for the WN/WP GSXRs are rare as hens teeth - the oil cooled carbs are a different spacing.

I've got a set of WN 750 carbs sitting here, but I have a sneaky suspiscion that your bloke just doesn't want to fuck around with/doesn't know his way around carbs.
    Last edited by GammaBoy; 14-10-2016 at 10:31 AM.

ASF Standard Full Member
    Thank for the replies guys, sorry i am bit late back to y'all but was away with family Sh1t. On my way down to pick the bike up today and to see whats going on and find out properly what he think is going on . may just try again to figure things out myself.

Yeah I have heard that the pods thing may be my biggest problem. I had got a set carb o-rings from litetek in these carbs but still leaking perhaps new needles needed. anyhow will let you know what i find out. Tried a few breakers/wreckers but have heard nothing back.

Thanks for the replies and trying to keep the chin up but need the bike running for work commitments.
    and on the seventh God said " I'll be back in a few hours I'm goin for a rip on the bike "

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?23591-My-93-GSXR-750-WP-Build-(what-have-I-started-)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789