Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VFR 750 fighter

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Nope, they're all long gone and were all cracked and damaged anyway. So I'm going to fab up something to cover it in. I'll re-use the tail light and rego assembly from the first incarnation, I just needed to bend it into shape a bit more.

Here's a pick with the seat back on. I think it's going to work out ok after all, but I will probably need to get the seat reshaped in the future.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    It's been a while but there has been some progress. A bit more dodgy welding and metal fabrication, plus a few parts turning up, means the bare bones are coming together. Now the wiring can commence.

I recon I should get the Eye of Sauron painted on the back bit behind where the rear lights will go.

Blog Entries
    Cool simple switch gear mate.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    there isn't enough of this anymore lol

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I had a major win tonight, just after a pants-crapping moment. I've been re-wiring and arsing about, not having a lot of time to spend on the project. I finally had it at a point where all the lights etc were connected, just not the ignition system. So I figured why not, let's see if I've got this wired right. So I kludged up the last of the ground wires, attached the battery, and went to turn the key.

As soon as I touched the key to the lock there was a zap and a puff of smoke from the barrel. Bloody thing had shorted out the instant I touched it with the key. That's what I get for buying a crappy cheap OS barrel. Ripped it off, and wired in the original ignition barrel and gave that ago.

Success! Lights worked, horn worked, indicators worked, instrument cluster worked. Damn that was a relief that I hadn't screwed up the wiring or blown up an expensive control box.

Now to try to finish it all.

ASF Standard Full Member
    Need a like button.
    That's good news mate. I hate wiring. Mine is still a mess. I really should pull my finger out and finish it. I miss riding.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Good stuff

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Cheers, guys. The wiring is still a bit all over the place, unavoidable I suppose but I'd love it if I could just get it all tidied up and done. I think I've got four wires left to connect before I see if the beast lives again.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I passed a major milestone yesterday - started her up after 10 months sitting in the shed. Just a bit more wiring to tidy up and get another kill switch and it'll be back on the road.

Blog Entries
    Good feeling hey?

Weekend Warrior
    Good stuff! Pics (vids?)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345