Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ink thread

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

The Ink thread

Thats right, the tattoo thread, you've all got em or know someone who does. Like em on hot women? Me too..
    Yours, ya mates, ya mums, why, where, how much and how long ago.
    Any regrets?
    Whats your next one?
    Who's your artist and why?
    Got art? Need art? Ideas? Share it..

I started in 2010 when i ran out of ideas for a birthday present for my lovely wife, of course, tattoo machines! The gift that keeps on giving.. Unlike her more recent aquisition of a hunting bow which keeps on killing..i digress..

I have always been able to draw or sketch anything so i figured, how hard can it be? Well, its fucken harder than they make it look. All you need to learn is some beer, a threshold for pain and some art..
    I started practising on myself then worked my way on to doing stuff on the missus and aside from the technical aspects of tattooing the one thing ive learned is a tattoo is only ever going to be as good as its art.
    If you start with great art youll get a good result, well, providing you're not suffering parkinsons or advanced tourettes..

So heres my set up, one small corner of the house dedicated to that buzz and burn that is so addictive..

Blog Entries
    ok well i have recently discovered tattooing again which for me is good i have 1 pce started and soon to be finished and then i have 3 more peices to get done , ive never regretted the other 2 small ones as there were done when i was young ,im very much into old skool tattooing jonny sailor style , this peice i have on my right forearm is a work in progress and is done my someone i call brother hes a great human , my next pces will be a burlisque lady and a pin up girl on my arms and then i will start my legs some time down the track , so thats me an my tatt and thats where im at and my goals for more tattooing ,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my tatt.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	877

Bloke with a smaller stick
    I have heard that they really hurt, is this true?
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

To answer Lyntons post from the no talk pics thread..

[QUOTE=ozzy1100;347937]yer bit of a rush isnt it , do u find it a bit like tig work and almost same feeling when u doing a weld and u know u have only one shot at it. i love finding that zone and just pushing thro and smashing it really focuses the mind lol
    Yeah doing the outlines is a lot like welding, same focus and breathing from start to finish. Same feeling too when you get it spot on.

ill prob stay with the liner i have i like that it has front and rear adjustment slots , i brought them from tat2u surply when the old bloke that hand made them was stoping and selling his stock
    I remember catalogues of his stuff when i was in my early 20's
    got both for 120 with the back and front adjustment and then when i brought the copy power surply of ebay with the full read out for cylcles, duty and miss hits for fuck all of ebay made life so much easier and i could see what was happening instead of quessing. it lets me use back adjust for speed and front spring for duty (norm good around 50% means good ballance of coil on and off). none of this means i know what im doing but easier to have a start piont lol.
    Ive got the new hurricane power supply and it shits on my old variable volt bunky. So handy being able to set up multiple liners and sheders and save the outputs for each one for quick changing.

what ink did u go to i went for a skin candy starter set cause i liked the coulours and good ink but next i think i want some intenze inks but have been useing sumi(the real stuff not the copy) for black and insted of buying the shader i made it out of the full black they sell it as shader but its just 50 50 cut. i used witch hazel instead of water and them also cut the shader down to from 3 to 25 % light shade in bottles as well.
    I started with intenze inks and now have a full range of skin candy (bloodlines range) and find both of then to be pretty awesome.
    I use Kabuki bkack and tribal one pass for lining, and the kabuki greywash set for black and white shading.

one thing i will say is it is easy for me to get the tec right but shits me that i dont have the art right i have a good eye but not artistic as u seam to be and really from what i have found is more important.
    and please note to any 1 thinking they can just buy a ebay kit and tattoo away please dont, do yr research and please please follow the health respects to doing work, shit work isnt all that u can give some poor fucker that u scare up cause it isnt as easy as the pros and tv shows make it look. things like green soap , detole , gloves and sharps container etc arnt just opptions.
    This is true, you have to be surgical with everything. Everything i use is disposable and what isnt is autoclaved by a friend whos a bodypiecer.
    sorry rant over but its fucking up what the hacks are doing in their kicthens over the world

and while i remember how do u find the rotery for lineing They are ok, they vibrate a bit much though they look so cool lol and looks like u like to use a 5 rl for yr out lines i have 3 that i never use 5 and 7 but thought of getting some 9 to 14 rl for out lines on new skool stuff and changeing from the 9 rs i use for fill to a 9 or 14 mag so i can lay my hand over at better angle I use 1rl 3rl 5rl and 7rl depending on the art, havent been game to try anything bigger yet, oh and that 1rl cuts like a knife
    and just looked at yr new liner again dont know if its just the pick but looks like u need a bit more of a bend in yr niddle it looks to be sitting to flat and might get tube rub ? Yeah the geometry on that shader is a bit off meaning i either get a little tube rub or if i flip the needle when using flat stacks it sticks out the tube on a shitty angle, one of the downsides to chinese machines i guess

Sorry for butchering your post mate, hope that answered everything.
    Oh i just found your thumbdrive under a pile of bills, i completely forgot. Ive got a cool pdf on handbuilding machines ill put on it and get it in the mail to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I have heard that they really hurt, is this true?
    That depends on how much you drink..

Thats cool Kev, i was planning something similar on my arm. Me and the missus love the burlesque style, old and new school pinups and hotrod styling. She is planning her sleeve at the moment to have a day of the dead style pinup on her shoulder with a ton of floral work around it.
    This is going on her leg this weekend..

Its gonna be a bit zombified, green like..

I have a few (both arms almost covered now.)

No regrets YET... i'm sure they will come one day :P

All have been done by my mum... cause i'm a tight ass, so would never pay someone for them, and she is awesome. (http://www.facebook.com/imagetat)

Here is my fav. (i have one under each arm)

I've got my left arm done, and a couple individual ones elsewhere.

Only one i've got a good pic of is my right forearm one (it's supposed to look rough/beaten, it's an exact replica of a necklace I inherited)

what's the 108 down the bottom all about?

Just a personal thing for me and my brother.

ahhh how many youve tapped huh??

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Dont have any current photos (now finished the dragon and soon to start my arm) here is a front n back from a few years back.

Dragons tail runs down my right leg to about half way down the side of my thy. Next tat will be my left arm covering yosamity sam full sleeve fingers/hand/arm just trying to find an artist to draw up the artwork atm. I want exposed skeleton of arm with gouls/souls in pergertory ripping flesh from them with flames licking 100% of arm done back of hand. All in black/wash.

Then a brightly coloured traditional japaneese pick with geshia on my left leg/belly/chest opposing the dragon in a few more years.

Last edited by Redmohawk; 02-02-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: added more

RevHead
    i got tattooed by Dutchy and Vic in Liverpool,when i was 16 i got 3x tats done ,i bought a tattoo kit recently, and just had a mate tattoo my left forearm right ankle left chest area,i fixed a friends car just before xmas ,who has his own shop up here ,so were swapping services ,hes doing a back job on me soon ,just looking for designs at the momen
    tClick image for larger version. 

Name:	07102011359.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10052011184.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10052011185.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10052011186.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	881
    Last edited by RevHead; 02-02-2012 at 07:22 PM.

whilst on our trip in the uk last year the missus and here cousin in south shelds got some more tatts so i thought it was about time , so i got this done , have always wanted to sleeve the arm so the plan now is to start colouring it in
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0383.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	882

Old pic getting some stuff re-worked.

Right forearm.

Got quite a few more (legs left arm etc) but these are the only pics I have....

Blog Entries
    sweet as mate dont worry about fucking post the way i type its fucked before i start lol
    love yr set up i have mine in contaners that i pack up and just bring out when i have a go
    about 18 mths ago is when i had a go at a few but put it away when lost comferdence
    my prob is that i cant think of what to do next on the peice i did on my leg (im at the stage i cant think of anything that makes the right statment and works and as i said i have good eye but shit art lol)
    this is the piece on my carf and is the 1st colour i have dont aprt from some black fill the bark blue is a mix to get right shade happy with the result

and my bits and peices btw it pays to spend the time on setup things like shiming the coils to right hights really makes a diff

i got my 1st in about 94 and last paid in about 2003 and have a very nice gray wash one off on my back that i used to take to a few shows but really to many other things and can never think of what i really want on me as a statement singlar and strong enough so havnt been back same prob as work on leg lol

the prob with the alinement do you put a bend in yr neddles ?
    and thks for info comeing my way mate much happy lol
    Last edited by ozzy1100; 02-02-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan

I've got a couple, don't think i'll get anymore.

It's too much of a scene thing in Melb.
    It's hard tho cause one of my best mates is a Tattooist

I started my tattoo apprenticeship a few weeks ago! Did my 1st tattoo last monday. Actually didnt turn out too bad! Cant wait to start my next one...

Got none myself, although I've been on bikes for over 40 years.
    Seems like your different if you havent got any in the UK.

We go to "Ink and Iron" in the UK most years and chill out, but I've never found an artist whose work I like.
    Can't be arsed to design my own which is the best way I know. But I like ink and piercings, especially on a woman.
    My lady would like me to have a PA, but I dont see the purpose really part from the bloody obvious.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast