Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hades

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Surt View Post
    received the trigger wheel and vr sensor from triggerwheels.com now gotta save some coin for microsquirt ecu

opened up the right cover its pretty much fucked up in there, one of bolts beds is missing, gonna fugure out how to repair it

Why not just use the suzuki VR sensor? Works great on mine

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    thanks heaps Morry, just tryin to match ur bull frog mate! slingy i thought that the stock sensor is hall thats why, now ive seen the light and gunna use the relocated stock one, btw thanks for the hint on triggerwheels.com
    ps slingy u said u used microsquirt/msii combo, could u tell us more about it? do u control boost with it, what mods, etc?
    Last edited by Surt; 31-03-2012 at 01:57 AM.

thanks heaps Morry, just tryin to match ur bull frog mate! slingy i thought that the stock sensor is hall thats why, now ive seen the light and gunna use the relocated stock one, btw thanks for the hint on triggerwheels.com
    ps slingy u said u used microsquirt/msii combo, could u tell us more about it? do u control boost with it, what mods, etc?
    Yes mate no worrys,

I'm running the origional version of Microsquirt with the inbuilt ignition drivers. The Current version requires external drivers or coils with inbuilt drivers, so may be a little different.
    I use the same trigger wheel as you mounted to the turned down centre of the OEM crank trigger.

It seems best to set this so the leading edge of tooth 9 past the missing tooth is TDC. This then means the MS see's the reference of the missing tooth and then can start calculating your advance as it then nows its got 90 deg's untill TDC to work with. Plus its still has 18 teeth without seeing the missing tooth untill the second tach event.

This then uses the stock VR sensor wired in to the VR input of the MS with no other mods. Easy!
    Coolant is just a stock GM coolant (Trojan Brand) sensor bought through Supercheap.This was just drilled and tapped into one of the cam end bungs.

[img]http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss11/slingy88/750 slingshot/P1010038800x600.jpg[img/]

Also in this picture you can see the TPS sensor, this was just wired in as per the MS manual.
    TB's are 34mm GPZ1100, these are the same spacing as the GSXR so went straight in with no racking changes.
    Plenum is GPZ750 turbo complete with its Air temp sensor. This is an open element type as these are the only ones that respond quick enough to air temp changes to be of any use. Again GM do a suitabley cheap one which again can be be bought through Trojan if required.

MAP sensor is a 3 bar GM copy from the bay.
    Injectors are 460cc high impedance Bosch type Mazda RX7 and went straight into the GPZ TB's. Had to make a fuel rail and couldnt find the extrusion anywhere in OZ so had to buy it in from the states.

FPR is SARD. Great for bikes as fully adjustable and very small in size and pretty cheap . I think my pump is a pierburg one as you have to find one that can pump the max flow of your injectors ( in my case 4 X 460 = 1840cc's a minute) at the right pressure as in our case we are turbocharging we are looking at the average base pressure of 43psi plus the rising rate change of the boost your running which in my case i wanted to allow for a max of 25psi boost so thats about 68 psi all up fuel pressure that may be required. and the pierburg was one of the few that was actually rated to flow that kind of fuel at that kind of pressure.

Coils. Stock are fine but mine were a bit wankered so i am running ford 4 post wasted spark coils with 8mm silicone leads driven straight from the MS.

[img]http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss11/slingy88/750 slingshot/P1000840800x600.jpg[img/]

Had to make a vacuum manifold out of some scrap alloy tube and welding tips to smooth out MAP signal. Also placed a small cheap plastic fuel filter in the line to the MAP sensor to also help with smoothing the signal.

[img]http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss11/slingy88/750 slingshot/08012011014.jpg[img/]

I think thats about it for the install really, but feel free to ask anything you want

thanks heaps Morry, just tryin to match ur bull frog mate! slingy i thought that the stock sensor is hall thats why, now ive seen the light and gunna use the relocated stock one, btw thanks for the hint on triggerwheels.com<BR>ps slingy u said u used microsquirt/msii combo, could u tell us more about it? do u control boost with it, what mods, etc?
    Yes mate no worrys, I'm running the origional version of Microsquirt with the inbuilt ignition drivers. The Current version requires external drivers or coils with inbuilt drivers, so may be a little different.I use the same trigger wheel as you mounted to the turned down centre of the OEM crank trigger.

It seems best to set this so the leading edge of tooth 9 past the missing tooth is TDC. This then means the MS see's the reference of the missing tooth and then can start calculating your advance as it then nows its got 90 deg's untill TDC to work with. Plus its still has 18 teeth without seeing the missing tooth untill the second tach event.This then uses the stock VR sensor wired in to the VR input of the MS with no other mods. Easy!

Coolant is just a stock GM coolant (Trojan Brand) sensor bought through Supercheap.This was just drilled and tapped into one of the cam end bungs.

Also in this picture you can see the TPS sensor, this was just wired in as per the MS manual.
    TB's are 34mm GPZ1100, these are the same spacing as the GSXR so went straight in with no racking changes.Plenum is GPZ750 turbo complete with its Air temp sensor. This is an open element type as these are the only ones that respond quick enough to air temp changes to be of any use. Again GM do a suitabley cheap one which again can be be bought through Trojan if required.

MAP sensor is a 3 bar GM copy from the bay.

Injectors are 460cc high impedance Bosch type Mazda RX7 and went straight into the GPZ TB's. Had to make a fuel rail and couldnt find the extrusion anywhere in OZ so had to buy it in from the states.

FPR is SARD. Great for bikes as fully adjustable and very small in size and pretty cheap . I think my pump is a pierburg one as you have to find one that can pump the max flow of your injectors ( in my case 4 X 460 = 1840cc's a minute) at the right pressure as in our case we are turbocharging we are looking at the average base pressure of 43psi plus the rising rate change of the boost your running which in my case i wanted to allow for a max of 25psi boost so thats about 68 psi all up fuel pressure that may be required. and the pierburg was one of the few that was actually rated to flow that kind of fuel at that kind of pressure.

Coils. Stock are fine but mine were a bit wankered so i am running ford 4 post wasted spark coils with 8mm silicone leads driven straight from the MS.

Had to make a vacuum manifold out of some scrap alloy tube and welding tips to smooth out MAP signal. Also placed a small cheap plastic fuel filter in the line to the MAP sensor to also help with smoothing the signal.

I think thats about it for the install really, but feel free to ask anything you want

awesome slingy thanks heaps mate! so do u control boost with ms or wat? wats ur warm up set up then?
    also the crank sensor looks as if its stayed on its initial place, is it so? cos 36-1 wheel is a tad bigger
    do u tume via blu tooth? i bought a 8" tablet in hope to use it for a dash board
    im gunna use a walbro pump and 48lb venom injectors borrowed from my other projects, as well as fpr and gm sensors

rear mount holes r way to large for bolts - the upper 1 is 11mm for a m10 bolt and the bottom 1 is 13mm for a m12 bolt, thats why i made fatter studs - 11 &13 mm with original m10x1.25 and m12x1.25 threads
    but when i tried to insert the upper mount stud, it didnt go in all the way, so i took a closer look and understood, that beautifully bent upper mount plates aint supposed to be bent

so i unbent em with a hammer and here we go!

see an ally spacer? just savin on weight by each gram lol
    Last edited by Surt; 01-04-2012 at 04:16 AM.

the necks welded to the upper rails so im back to where i was 4 weeks ago... but further steps r gunna be faster this time cos now i know how haha!

Last edited by Surt; 01-04-2012 at 04:55 AM.

checkin the flat for engine

everythin's adjusted and levelled just cant wait for monday! fuckin hate weekends and holidays!

awesome slingy thanks heaps mate! so do u control boost with ms or wat? wats ur warm up set up then?
    also the crank sensor looks as if its stayed on its initial place, is it so? cos 36-1 wheel is a tad bigger
    do u tume via blu tooth? i bought a 8" tablet in hope to use it for a dash board
    im gunna use a walbro pump and 48lb venom injectors borrowed from my other projects, as well as fpr and gm sensors
    No problems mate, anything to help another Squirter into life lol.
    Crank sensor is completely stock, after assembly of the 36-1 wheel i put the whole thing back in the lathe turned down untill it fitted and spun inside stock VR sensor with about .4mm clearance.
    If it dosnt come with it, upload the MS firmware with MS2 Extra Code This is awesome and gives heaps of extra features, including boost control, but i havent looked into that yet.
    Plus it gives the best tuning feature of being able to run Alpha-N (tps based Fueling) but with a Multiply Map function. So normally TPS based fueling is no good for turbo as for a given throttle possition , you may or may not have boost according to engine load etc, so what this does is use the MAP reading as a multiplyer so the setting in the table is a constant but this is then multiplied by whatever the manifold pressure is either vaccum or boost to ebd up with the correct fueling. Very clever stuff
    I just tune with laptop in rucksack while running Tunerstudio's VE Anylize live which is a realtime Table tuner, using the input from the Wide band O2 sensor to tune.
    Warm up is just a simple 2D table in Tunerstudio that adds extra fuel untill a predertimed temp is reached then it cuts out, so no extra cold start injectors needed or anything.

thanks again mate! so u dont use an iac valve? askin that coz with microsquirt u have to choose between iac valve control and boost control - thats wat Mat Cramer told me. well i guess that the iac valve is needed only when temperature below zero celcium? do u still have choke installed if it ever had been like on busas?

thanks again mate! so u dont use an iac valve? askin that coz with microsquirt u have to choose between iac valve control and boost control - thats wat Mat Cramer told me. well i guess that the iac valve is needed only when temperature below zero celcium? do u still have choke installed if it ever had been like on busas?
    No IAC valve or choke needed. My TB's (GPZ1100) have a Fast idle lever which just uses a small cam to open butterfly slightly, so i start on this and once its warmed up for a couple of minutes, knock it off back to normal throttle stop. But be honest it would nearly run straight up without any additional revs just be a little low when cold and slowly rise as it warms up.
    Mat might be right as i think microsquirt has a limited number of outputs compared to a full Megasquirt ecu so you probably have to choose wisely which ones you want to use for what function.

i see but i dont have such a lever on my 99 srad 750 tbs, just an adjusting screw with cable that limits a full closing of butterlies, hopefully just warm up inrichments will be enough for a cold start up?
    If you use MS2/Extra code, you can use the PWM idle output for boost
    control - thats wat he letterally said

i see but i dont have such a lever on my 99 srad 750 tbs, just an adjusting screw with cable that limits a full closing of butterlies, hopefully just warm up inrichments will be enough for a cold start up?
    If you use MS2/Extra code, you can use the PWM idle output for boost
    control - thats wat he letterally said
    Shouldnt be a problem. I know of 3 bikes using such TB's and havnt heard of any warm up issues.
    The latest version of the code has a designated boost control menu but it looks fairly similar to the PWM control as well. Either would probably do the job.

hopefully it won't i hate hanging around shit better of keepin all simple and noice lol
    still dont understand how u managed to keep the vr sensor on its original (seemingly) spot, cos the 36-1 wheel is bigger

a 108mm outlet and 88mm inlet stacks

a car injector with 14mm o-ring goes into the tb noice and easy - but it doesnt into the stock fuel rail bung

1 stock and 2 +2mm and 1 +14mm spacers and a new tb's rake

tomorrow a +18mm uber long screw is gotta be made

voila, this time made it just for 2 days /rather evenings

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i like the frame mate looking good

hopefully it won't i hate hanging around shit better of keepin all simple and noice lol
    still dont understand how u managed to keep the vr sensor on its original (seemingly) spot, cos the 36-1 wheel is bigger
    What size trigger wheel did you get? I got the 51mm diam one and like i said, only had to turn the overall diam down a smidge to get it in with stock VR position.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast