Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: GSXR813 Turbo EFI

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    I made my own scav pump.

shitty pic but you get the idea.

It's a oil pump off some china shit box scooter that i made a housing for.
    Drives off the SHCS on the crank.

I could send you the drawings if you like.
    Yeah drawings would be cool to see. Do you use a sump under the turbo, or is it plumbed straight to the drain?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    -8 hose and fitting straight into bottom of turbo.. I'll send you an email

So, does this look about right the pump gears to use ?

They are 8.75mm thick.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    That should work fine, drive is different to my one but that's no big deal...

Cool, I'll start working out a housing design

Righto gents, been a loooooong time since i last posted on this.
    Be Honest, i had COMPLETELY lost interest and was pretty dispondant about it all after finding the vlave stem seals fucked after only a matter of months compounded by the valves, seats and guides all being shot also.
    So, i gave meself a break from it for a few months, durring which i played at making a couple of scavange pumps.
    Both of them used the above mentioned chineese pit bike pumps. The first i machined a basic body, with a gallery through it so that both ports were on the back plate, rather like the old emptes pump. This made marking out and milling the ports alot easier. Also made a little drive shaft to drive from the socket head machine screw in the crank rotor. piccs can tell the rest of the story

Sorry, more pictures than i realised lol.
    Ok, so that is mark 1.
    Only drill tested, Drill turns at 1300rpm, so a little higher than idle and it suck oil out of a jug and lifts it about 300mm really well.
    But i was thinking, its a shame to buy a pump and then throw half of it away, to just remake it.
    So, as i had another spare cover, i decided to see if i could simplify it and use more of the pitbike parts.
    So heres Mark 2 .

So, apart from the little drive shaft, basic hand tools can make this pump, and i reckon it works better than my first one and is more compact. I reckon the thick alloy cover plate could be 3mm steel with a hose barb or threaded insert (nut) welded on for pipe connection , so could be even more compact.

Havnt tested either on an engine yet as havnt had a running engine to test with, but shoulnt be too long.

I ended up aquiring a cheap bandit, wrecked for parts and ended up with a free motor. YIPPIE lol.

So have started fitted that into the slingy.

Sleeved the rear engine mount down to take the slingy lower rear engine bolt, got it in and bolted up.
    Went to fit mu coil, (ford EDIS type) and it now fouls on the cam breather. I really want to fit toyota COPS but as always i have to be strategic with my funds, so for the moment i spent a couple of hours to make a new and better engineered mount.

So, old, heavy modified steel ford mount.

New, light alloy mount which moves the coil up and back, complete with all stainless fasteners.

Didnt wont to TIG it together as its quite a tight aukward spot to work in so though it would be better to leave movement in it all untill its all tightened up. So to make it easier to get all the parts in without dropping them verywhere, i receased the bottoms of each spacer so i could put an O-ring around each bolt to hold it all together while lowering it into the bike to fit.

Very pleased with the outcome.

So, i will keep plodding away at getting this B12 motor in and fired up.

I have got shot of my remote filter setup. It wouldnt fit the bandit sump, and it always played on my mind a bit anyway.
    So i decided to try and find a filter to fit in the space i have at the front of the motor, but as the M20X1 filter thread that suzuki uses is specific to them, no other filters will fit.
    So, i managed to get the filter thread out of the B12 Block and made a new one up with the thread to fit the B12 block on one end and an M20X1.5 thread on the other as i found a nice short Ryco filter which would fit with that thread. So thats tidied all that up which is good.
    Then, i have been beaten by my U bute tablet dashboard, especially as i can just use my phone for datalogging and tuning now the android ShadowDash App is available. The tablet just kept freezing and fucking around and it was very irrattic. One ride all ok, next every 2 minutes it would freeze. Plus, very hard to see in the sun.
    So, i got some cheap GSXR750wp clocks which by luck fit really well in my fairing. I will replace the temp gauge with the O2 gauge and add the boost gauge to the top. Should all work out OK i think.
    Anyone got a gsxr speedo cable (slingy-watercooled should be ok) they want shot of?
    Oh and i got another VFR exhaust for next to nothing, so i can replace the heat shields i cut wrong while fitting, and i might have a go at gutting one set to see how it sounds. The standard ones are very quiet.
    So, thats about me up to date, i will keep posting stuff of interest as it happens.
    Hopefully a couple of months should see it running again. Cant wait

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Now this is the type shit worth reading
    Love it......

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy1100 View Post
    Now this is the type shit worth reading
    Love it......
    Shucks, thanks man ;-)

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    what ozzy says slingy carry on

Great stuff Jack, glad to see you are sticking with it!!

Just read the whole thread, couple of years too late, but awesome work. Some very cool stuff in there.

Glad to see you're back into it!

Quote Originally Posted by M.V. View Post
    Just read the whole thread, couple of years too late, but awesome work. Some very cool stuff in there.

Glad to see you're back into it!
    Really!.............the whole thread, man you must have been board lol
    Anyway, thanks for the response guys.
    Next little job will be PAIR's blanking plates. Just waiting on a call from the Lazer cutters

Blog Entries
    This thread is making me feel like a kid with a spoon and a pair of pliers in his tool box who manage to undo a screw once compared to you. Jaw dropping stuff mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    This thread is making me feel like a kid with a spoon and a pair of pliers in his tool box who manage to undo a screw once compared to you. Jaw dropping stuff mate.
    Really? That's how I feel about everyone else's threads lol
    I am always so jealous of all the nice parts, paint, powdercoat that I see in other people's builds that I am often a bit sheepish about showing my stuff. There's no bling, no brand name stuff, hell most stuff I get is second hand to try and save a buck.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast