Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Albis TL1000S Take #2

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    The problem I see with 2 turbos and NO plemun is that you would need to buy a match set of turbos.
    yeh done that via GCG turbos im using the garret GT1241z "new" not using second hand shit !! lol
    If you get 2 T28's of ebay, how do you know they are both as efficient as each other ? One could have had a hard life but is still ok to use.

Albi, you better do some good maths with flow maps and find a turbo that is good with the pulses of the motor.
    maths aint my strong point the turbos are for VW PARATI !! also used for smal motor and motorcycle turbo converstions.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmohawk View Post
    In multi TB car setups I have played with (6 cyl 2 L motor turning at 10krpm 500kw and a rb30 hybrid rb26 head big single huffer) the bigger your plentul after TB the better up to about 4 times swept volume of motor. The 2L 6 I'm messing with atm (centrifical charger) log manifold has a volume of 4.8L just over twice with multi TB setup.

On multi cyl engines 1.5 to 2 times is common aim, on a single or twin bigger the better (especally with an odd phase fire) Mate has done a honda 90 with a 125 barrel piston taken it out to something like 115cc and turboed with injection. His biggest hassle was pressure variation being a single, He fitted a cooler off a dihatsu charade. Was big but gave him the extra volume to reduce pulsation to a controllable level.
    will be running an intercooler but space will dictate size !!
    Latheboy I'm not 100% sure a plentum will be needed if both outlets of turbos are linked in a >---< mannor from turbos to TB's both TB's would see pritty even flow/pressures. There are prob benifits to a plentum chamber , but the less resrictive flow provided by a >--< link coulnt be discounted for increased air flow. If a plentum chamber is dooable wouldnt hurt plus a set of nice ram tubes to help the air slip in.
    im thinking of a small plenum but not to big as i still want to run and x link pipe to help with pulses,but the turbos are going to be forward facing as in pics so ill be fittining good quality pods.

I'd be going with the intercooler even if its just for the extra volume short term, Later the benifits with more boost would be handy as Ivan points out.
    yeh will run a cooler for sure.

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Albi, If volume and placement is and issue, why not run a smallish intercooler at the front, in front of radiator, short run from the turbos then run two pipes in through the normal ram inlet pipes spaces straight to the throttlebodies or through a decent plenum intercooler will act as a damper for pulsing (maybe) but you certainly could even have a decent plenum where the old airbox was if the intercooler was forward.
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Hefty View Post
    Albi, If volume and placement is and issue, why not run a smallish intercooler at the front, in front of radiator, short run from the turbos then run two pipes in through the normal ram inlet pipes spaces straight to the throttlebodies or through a decent plenum intercooler will act as a damper for pulsing (maybe) but you certainly could even have a decent plenum where the old airbox was if the intercooler was forward.
    thats exactly wat i want to do with the pies run in via original side access location !!
    i wasnt going to run a plenum as i wanted to do the cross over pipe arangement for something different?
    but after reds,urs and lathboys comments ill go the airbox route with an cooler aswell

mmmm pies

Im just watching a reading, this is going to be very interesting build.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Huh pies ??
    Oh i ment pipes opps

Quote Originally Posted by LKC73 View Post
    Im just watching a reading, this is going to be very interesting build.
    Agreed. Will be watching this one KEENLY

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819