Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcyclist jailed for travelling at 244km/h FAIL

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Come on you 2, keep it clean. [}]

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    A MOTORCYCLIST clocked at 244km/h[150mph]"This is the highest speed I've ever seen in a court," Magistrate Michael Morahan said.
    read this ...
    http://www.hwysafety.com/hwy_montana_2001.htm

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    "What about the extreme of No Speed Limits on 4 lane Interstate and rural federal–aid primary two lane highways? These same fact–based engineers point to the German Autobahn, where with no speed limits, authorities are consistently reporting lower fatality rates than comparable US highways"

The lower–than–US fatality rates on the German Autobahn (where flow management is the primary safety strategy), and now Montana's experience, would indicate that using speed limits and speed enforcement as the cornerstone of US highway safety policy is a major mistake. It is time to accept the fact that increases in traffic speeds are the natural by product of advancing technology. People do, in fact, act in a reasonable and responsible manner without constant government intervention.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

i think the best idea to avoid such things is to actually slow it down a little. things arent that important that you must speed to get there and risk going to gaol.
    I think you may have posted in the wrong forum Merlyn.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    you a member cruise?

quote:i think the best idea to avoid such things is to actually slow it down a little. things arent that important that you must speed to get there and risk going to gaol.
    Merlyn: You're late for the bloody wedding Weasel !!!

Weasel: But Dearest hunny bun...you wouldn't want me to break the law would you ??

Merlyn: Sofa for you.
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    ROFL!!!

listen to that woman!!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    PWNED!!!!
    (i agree, twas a bit fast)
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Considering ive had to go through him breaking his neck once, id rather wait 2 hours for him to turn up to the wedding rather than die while speeing or get chucked in gaol for speeding... simple as that

quote:Considering ive had to go through him breaking his neck once, id rather wait 2 hours for him to turn up to the wedding rather than die while speeing or get chucked in gaol for speeding... simple as that
    I'd print this off and keep it somewhere safe mate...

Bit like my wife to be threatened hell on earth if I turned up at our wedding hungover....I was fine on the day...guess who was green.....[^]
    Oh, and then it was 'Happy 1st Anniversary darling' to which she replied........'Oh bugger..it is isn't it'
    Set for life
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

I reiterate the point ive been through the broken neck thing, and the ripping off of thumb thing... ive spent more time in hospital for him that anyone else... he owes me. And if anything ill be the late one to the wedding cos at this rate the buick, which is my car for the day, wont have moved from my carport :P

Oh and Im always late. Weasel is *always* early... ALWAYS. Maybe if he slowed it down a bit he'd arrive places at normal person times

quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

i think the best idea to avoid such things is to actually slow it down a little. things arent that important that you must speed to get there and risk going to gaol.
    Yep, that why i keep buying bikes.. to go slow..[B)]

no problem with going fast, where youre allowed to... track days, if you can wade through the moron posers, are there for a reason...

Yeh but its perth, the moron posers are as common as houseflies (trust me go to perthstreetbikes.com if you feel like reading the endless litany of inane pointless dribble) and thats because we only have one track, one set of laughable sized hills, no corners anywhere only straight roads that hit other straight roads and more useless bent cops per head of populus than any other place on earth..
    So if i choose to ride fast its not cos im in a hurry or want to be mick doohan, its because i have no wish to interact with the afore mentioned popo. And if they are gonna lock people up for that sorta thing theyd better learn to drive and ride quicker..

Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    quote:Originally posted by JackTar

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

What I dont get is, he got home/was at home when police caught up with him! What ever happened to deny, deny ,deny! If they didnt pull u over they cant prove without a doubt that it was u riding! IDOIT!!!
    They don't have to it is not a murder charge or anything mate, there is no jury they only have to get you on balance of probabilities.

I know a bloke who was racing another guy on bikes the cops saw them but didn't catch the bloke I knew quite a while after the incident, the cops didn't even get his number when it happened but when they went to court the cop described him down to his shoe laces then told the magistrate that he found the guy on the same bike wearing the same clothes 20 mins later and the magistrate said in all probability it would have been you so he got done.
    In a word totally fucked up ozzie law . thats like saying I saw you fucking the president last week here you go 6 months in jail.
    What a load of Bollox its about time you guys started to stand up to these fuckwits and stop taking it because they say so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12