Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcyclist jailed for travelling at 244km/h FAIL

Chris41

Motorcyclist jailed for travelling at 244km/h FAIL

Motorcyclist jailed for travelling at 244km/h

A MOTORCYCLIST clocked at 244km/h after a bad night at work was travelling the fastest a magistrate has ever dealt with.

Sean Michael Wynne, 25, was yesterday jailed for four months, with a magistrate saying his fate should be a a wake-up call to any would-be lead foot.

Wynne, from Lake Macquarie, told police he had a bad night at work and "just opened it up" when he was detected by radar travelling 244km/h is a 90km/h zone in Newcastle on October 17.

"This is the highest speed I've ever seen in a court," Magistrate Michael Morahan said.

Mr Morahan said it was imperative the court set an example and deterrent to young people caught driving at such reckless and dangerous speeds.

"I need to step in and show the community it's no use just making warnings. It seems a lot of people your age commit these types of offences and the only thing they understand is jail," Mr Morahan said.

Police were conducting speed checks on Hillsborough Rd at 12.50am, when they detected Wynne speeding along on his red and black Honda CBR 1000 bike.

The court was told Wynne, who works as a storeman, was travelling at such speed that police were unable to catch up to him, but later caught up with him at his house, where he [u]admitted</u> to the dangerous driving offence.

The magistrate said imprisonment was the only choice of penalty for such an action.

Honesty is not always the best policy

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Well then spare a thought for this bloke. I think the guy your talking about Chris got off lightly.

Speeding madness leads to lengthy jail term
    6/11/2008 9:49:00 AM
    Dubbo motorists have been warned about the consequences of speeding, after a man was sent
    to jail for travelling at 175 kilometres per hour in a 50km/h zone on his motorbike.

Gavin Boyd Rieschieck, 23, appeared before Magistrate Howard Hamilton in Dubbo local court yesterday and was sent to jail for eight months after he was caught speeding by police down Yarrandale Road in August this year.

Rieschieck - a clerk at the abattoir - told police he was “running late for work” as he rode his motorbike at speeds of 175 kilometres per hour at 6.30 in the morning.

Rieschieck’s solicitor said his client wasn’t “aware of the speed he was doing” and after passing a car, opened the throttle of his bike and sped down a long, straight stretch of the road near the racecourse.

Rieschieck’s solicitor told the court his client saw a vehicle approaching, but other than that there were no vehicles on the road at that time.

Described as a person of “good character” and committed to church, Rieschieck’s solicitor said his client was suitable for community service, aware that the court may impose a full-time custodial sentence and had completed a traffic offence program.

But in sentencing, Magistrate Hamilton sent a clear message to Rieschieck that it was “difficult to envisage a more serious disregard for the law than to ride a motorbike more than three times over the speed limit down Yarrandale Road”.

“Highway patrol said the potential danger was extremely high,” Magistrate Hamilton said.

Magistrate Hamilton took into consideration Rieschieck’s plea of guilty to the charge of driving a vehicle recklessly, furiously or at a speed or manner dangerous at the earliest convenience.

The court heard that Rieschieck had no prior convictions and a limited traffic record that involved one matter where he drove while unlicenced.

Magistrate Hamilton told the court in order to deter this kind of action in the future from Rieschieck and everyone else in the community, a jail sentence must apply.

“There is simply no reason for somebody to be on the road and ride a motorcycle at 175km/h in a 50km/h zone,” he said.

Rieschieck was convicted and sent to jail for eight months with a non-parole period of five months. He will be released in April next year and his licence has been disqualified for five years.

Rieschieck will be able to apply for his licence again in 2013.

Weekend Warrior
    That is tough, but in 50 zone you'd have to expect it.

What shits me is the habitual drink drivers that keep getting off going to jail time after time.

quote:Originally posted by Chris41

That is tough, but in 50 zone you'd have to expect it.

What shits me is the habitual drink drivers that keep getting off going to jail time after time.
    Too true.
    Bloke i know well has just finished his SEVENTH drink drive ban, of only 3 months.
    Still guzzles bottles of lager on his way home even though he's on a zero limit!!!

Totally Fucked!!

What I dont get is, he got home/was at home when police caught up with him! What ever happened to deny, deny ,deny! If they didnt pull u over they cant prove without a doubt that it was u riding! IDOIT!!!

Bloke with a smaller stick
    quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

What I dont get is, he got home/was at home when police caught up with him! What ever happened to deny, deny ,deny! If they didnt pull u over they cant prove without a doubt that it was u riding! IDOIT!!!
    They don't have to it is not a murder charge or anything mate, there is no jury they only have to get you on balance of probabilities.

I know a bloke who was racing another guy on bikes the cops saw them but didn't catch the bloke I knew quite a while after the incident, the cops didn't even get his number when it happened but when they went to court the cop described him down to his shoe laces then told the magistrate that he found the guy on the same bike wearing the same clothes 20 mins later and the magistrate said in all probability it would have been you so he got done.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mr Morahan said it was imperative the court set an example and deterrent to young people caught driving at such reckless and dangerous speeds.

deterrent my ass all we'll do now is learn to cover the numberplate with our boot as we fuck off at even higher speeds to get away from the bacon

quote:Originally posted by JackTar

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

They don't have to it is not a murder charge or anything mate, there is no jury they only have to get you on balance of probabilities.

I know a bloke who was racing another guy on bikes the cops saw them but didn't catch the bloke I knew quite a while after the incident, the cops didn't even get his number when it happened but when they went to court the cop described him down to his shoe laces then told the magistrate that he found the guy on the same bike wearing the same clothes 20 mins later and the magistrate said in all probability it would have been you so he got done.
    Balance of probabilities! Thats insane!

"with a magistrate saying his fate should be a a wake-up call to any would-be lead foot"
    ..which technically would mean he'd go nowhere cause his foot would be weighing down the rear brake?

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar

ok, hillborough rd isnt 90
    so i assume that he was on the bypass

which is safer than doing 244kph on the F3 Freeway, especially at that time of night (not that i have ever done it, at any time...)
    this bypass is enclosed in concrete walls so not even a need to worry about kangaroos....

i've been told by someone on the inside that if done for something like this the best approach is to get off the bike, remove helmet and simply hold out you license

and nothing else!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    farken hell ay.. easily done

Weekend Warrior
    quote:so i assume that he was on the bypass
    Yep, he was on the bypass after midnight.

quote:Originally posted by devo

Magistrate Hamilton sent a clear message to Rieschieck that it was “difficult to envisage a more serious disregard for the law than to ride a motorbike more than three times over the speed limit down Yarrandale Road”.

This magistrate must live under a rock if he can't think of anything worse than this [:0]

Fuckin bureaucracy gone stupid.

Wow seems i know 3 blokes that got off real light on the Highway a couple of weekends back

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    im sure those blokes didnt admit to a number...
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

They did though Fimp, 110

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    the best number there...

Even though they were a sorry looking pack of buggers when viewed from a passing motorcycle

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    i think the best idea to avoid such things is to actually slow it down a little. things arent that important that you must speed to get there and risk going to gaol.

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    yes they are

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    quote:Originally posted by Ross_247

farken hell ay.. easily done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast