Thread: Bell STREETFIGHTER/Race style helmet

TurboKat

Bell STREETFIGHTER/Race style helmet

I've always wanted to get a custom monsters head style airbrushed helmet done so I bought this Bell Sprint a while back because it was the closest thing to a Simpson shape (small eye port, front 'grille' for teeth & lower chin line) that I could afford, I never got around to getting it painted & now I've bought a proper Simpson Super Bandit to go to town on.
    If anybody is thinking of a custom helmet design this is a great shape to start with.
    The lid itself is polycarbonate construction, the shell & liner are 99% perfect & the visor is OK but has some very fine scratches which may or may not be able to be polished out - an option is to get a window tinting mob to lay a sheet of tint over it & it will be perfect then plus you'll have a tinted visor to boot. (new tinted visors are available from the 'States for $29.95 US)
    It's far too good to throw away & I won't use it again so if someone wants to give me a pineapple ($50) for it they'll own it.
    It's got the Aussie standards sticker on it so it's road legal.
    Size 7 3/8 or 59cm.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    You can see from the pics the visor looks a tad 'cloudy' it's not as bad as it looks & is definately usable - I used it as it is & had no problems, I tried to polish it with car polish but that didn't do much, I remember Chopaweeza told me a while ago that you could get a specific perspex polish but I'm not sure where you'd get it from.