Thread: Yamaha RD/RZ 350 YPVS Wanted

oblivionyx711

Yamaha RD/RZ 350 YPVS Wanted

After a Yamaha RD/RZ 350 YPVS in decent condition, managed to blow up my Cagiva Mito for the third time and found a kit online that allows you to bolt up the YPVS 350. Double the power for a 12kg weight gain.

Apparently you can get em tuned up to 100Hp, should increase the fun factor.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    70bhp with a big bore kit is about the reliable max but hey the equates to about the same power to weight as an RG500..so go for it

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    That will do, know anywhere to source one and are they hard to come by? Was the YPVS motor in the later models?

yeah the ypvs was after 83/84 i think ..try googling stan stephens hes a pom but what he dont know about 2 strokes aint worth knowin
    i think the big bore kit takes it up to 420 cc or something dunno where youd get one tho ...but stans a good place to start
    he did my old RD400

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    how do ysa know if its a ypvs.. i got my rd 400 still for sale

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

YPVS on a cover on the side of the heads. Aussie market had 250cc until 1986. Anyone remember Performance Bikes running one with NOS?? I had 2 off them, K & L model 250's.

Weekend Warrior
    Ive got a 1986 rz350F in the shed. its the last of the ones we got here I believe. They supposed to be the pick of the ypvs motors but I cant remember why, try reading the rz forum from the states and you'll learn heaps about the 250/350 engines.Thought of a banshee engine. The banshees run the identicle rz ypvs motors in the quads so there is a shitload of hop up bits such as big bore barrells, stroker cranks, smoothbores, nitrous kits endless goodies. the yanks are mad on them. Thats why i'm keeping mine, going to make an ass-kicken two stroke