Thread: Amusing realisations

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Amusing realisations

I just got the bandit back from the Suzuki Crack Dealers after Terry thier excellent head mechanic has been playing with the gearing for me.

Being an ex stunt bike it was geared very short and the run Rich and I did a few weeks back revealed that even though it was fun around town, it was crap on the highway, pulling like 7K at 120kmh in top [xx(] no good for a bandit.

So Terry has finished doing the gearing, trying a few different front and rear sprocket combos to get the highway ratios more realistic but not affect the street performance too much.

After he came back from the last test ride he says "do find its a little wobbly in the front sometimes, like its really loose ?"

I said "yes but I have also worked out why that is, its mainly because for most of the time under power the front wheel isnt on the grond LOL"

Its caught me numerous times, power out of a bend or through a roundabout and before you know it, you go to change direction and bars like just flop over ROFL, thats the ol front wheel floating happily a few inches of the road [}]

We had a laugh about it anyway and I think it might be even easier and smoother to get up in 2nd and 3rd now than it was before. Just roll on the juice after about 5K, nice and even and up she comes

I was genuinely thinking about selling this bike shortly after I finished it.... but im actually falling in love with it [:X]

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    awww
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    its touching isnt it