Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newb with dilema

boris

newb with dilema

gday all I'm just cruising the sites looking for som ideas had a 90 model gsxr1100 til 4 weeks ago when I found out the hard way how harsh them fog lines can be touched one on the way home one night front wheel skipped out but I kept it up at least til I hit the gutter then the bike and I did a cartwheel together but when I was knocked unconscious we went our own ways me into a fence the bike just cartwheeled a half dozen times anyway after a couple of days in hospital and the last few weeks learning to walk up stairs again totally fucked up the muscles in my leg and dislocated my right thumb and put the bone out the side of it.anyway now is the dilema I have picked up a 93 gixxer 1100 chassis but wether to fairing it or not to fairing it that is the question cant seem to find 93-98 fairings or headlight so naked may be my option oh sorry in coffs harbour here sorry for long intro but thats my story.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Welcome the madness Boris! I dont see what ur dilemma is dude! U jumped on a streetfighter forum to see if u should put some ghey ass plastic fairings back on??? Hell no! It'd prolly cost u a fuck load to do that anyway! Best fighter the beast now while part of its been done 4 ya!

Bloke with a smaller stick
    G'day boris, I'm with him ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ on this one

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Fighter it - you wont regret it.
    Welcome aboard boris.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Fairys are ghey..... Welcome

Weekend Warrior
    Hi boris welcome I trust you will do the right thing.

quote:Originally posted by boris

gday all I'm just cruising the sites looking for som ideas had a 90 model gsxr1100 til 4 weeks ago when I found out the hard way how harsh them fog lines can be touched one on the way home one night front wheel skipped out but I kept it up at least til I hit the gutter then the bike and I did a cartwheel together but when I was knocked unconscious we went our own ways me into a fence the bike just cartwheeled a half dozen times anyway after a couple of days in hospital and the last few weeks learning to walk up stairs again totally fucked up the muscles in my leg and dislocated my right thumb and put the bone out the side of it.anyway now is the dilema I have picked up a 93 gixxer 1100 chassis but wether to fairing it or not to fairing it that is the question cant seem to find 93-98 fairings or headlight so naked may be my option oh sorry in coffs harbour here sorry for long intro but thats my story.
    You know what i love about this little story

Is the fact the you say you were knocked unconscious before seperating from the bike but you now how may tims the bike then cart wheeled after being knocked out.

Sounds like shit to me[xx(]

Im with the above if you dont fighter it FUCK OFF to another site.

why the fuck would I make up a story like that while I'm sitting here with a busted up leg and thumb is that what you do in your spare time I'm just on here looking around seeing what you guys have done trying to get some ideas you sure know how to make a fellow aussie feel welcome. a mate was following me who saw the whole thing happen obviously bullshit he told me I must have dreamt I hit the fence at 130kph and coincidently fallen out of bed explaining my 3 day stay in hospital yeah after I parted from the bike I hit the fence out the front of the local cemetery but I just made that all up so you would like me damo great talking to you buddy thnx for the other people who welcome inquisitive guests instead of abusing them

oh yeah damo now I know my limits do you?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    i think you need to relax Boris... first and foremost you gotta get with the mentality of the people here. But you may have shot yourself already.. Welcome if you stay

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Welcome mate.......
    Damo...chill man.....
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

ASF Basic Full Member
    Welcome to the nuthouse Boris.
    Hope your recovery goes speedily,

as for the bike, Naked is best.
    Plastics are ghey [}]
    I taste so good you'l want the recipe.

you need to be more concerned about fitting your engine than how pretty it will look with or without fairings.

Blinged to the max,but you get the idea....
    I don't think plastics are ghey, but you'd be doing the bike a favour, by loosing the combined fairing/bracketry weight, seeing they're probably rooted anyway!!
    Er......welcome to the madhouse.

thanks guys and sorry merlin Ive been on other bike forums where no-one is spoke to like that either by me or any-one else you know if thats how he talks to aussies how does he talk to iraq'ies and benz that looks like a shitload of polishing there now if I may ask questions how do these bikes handle over say 200kph compared to full fairing bikes

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    No one is spared here..... I've had my shitfighter to 230 and it was fine, you just gotta tuk like good and shit

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    Welcome [8D]
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

I've had the 12r apparently to 260. But that of course was on a closed road [:O]
    Then there is that turbo busa wedged into a gsxr750 that was stratospheric...

Boris - this site prides itself on being a bit rough mate, no one is ever going to censor you and you can say whatever is on your mind. If you can handle the hazing and stick around there's a good bunch of blokes to tap into. And if someones giving you shit you give it right back. I sometimes wonder if this is what prison is like but without the soap and shivs.

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Boris. Yea, we do things differently here.
    As for over 200kph, take a bandit, FZ1 or one of the new Honda CBs out for a test ride and get up to that speed, then you'll know exactly. The main difference is that your legs are tucked up like a race bike instead of lying low. It's a radical position that most people really like after their first ride. If you are a regular 200+ rider you'll be wanting fairings of some kind though mate.

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Boris and welcome to Hazeville!
    I think you're on the right track if you're looking for fairings.... everyone here's trying to get rid of 'em... In fact, I have a set for a limited edition 95 gxsr1100 that I'd part company with, including the headlight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast