Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed - Dave from UK moving to Sydney.

sfoc711uk

Advice needed - Dave from UK moving to Sydney.

Not been on here for a while been really busy over here getting ready to move.Should be flying out in around 3 weeks time but a couple of questions for ya.
    Does anybody know of any houses up for rent in the south west suburbs of Sydney.
    Does anyone have a half decent car for sale, and any ideas roughly how much a taxi will be from sydney airport when we arrive to the said suburbs or is it better renting a car from the airport.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by sfoc711uk

Not been on here for a while been really busy over here getting ready to move.Should be flying out in around 3 weeks time but a couple of questions for ya.
    Does anybody know of any houses up for rent in the south west suburbs of Sydney.
    Does anyone have a half decent car for sale, and any ideas roughly how much a taxi will be from sydney airport when we arrive to the said suburbs or is it better renting a car from the airport.
    Yeah heaps good luck finding one its a renters nightmare at the moment.

I got an X5 bmw for sale for 50k if thats what your after.

Taxi fuckn heaps those thevn barstards will take you all over Sydney pretending that there doing the right thing for you.And then the next day you relize that its only round the corner.[xx(]

Depends on the distance i know from the airport to the northern beachs itll cost you about 80-90 bucks thats about 50ks there abouts.

So were getting another pom here ah.[?]

Fuck you guys sent us here as convicts back in the 1800 to this shit hole and now your wanting to move here cause you relised its gods country and were you sent us from is the hole.[^]

Welcome hope you enjoy your move.[:X]

Weekend Warrior
    Now were coming to educate ya on bikes ha ha.Dont know about enjoying the move its self but once we get there and sorted it will be ok.Think its about 60k from Sydney to where were going.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back Dave. I'll Stick this question in the NSW events area of the forum mate and you'll get an answer. I don't know shit about Sydney myself.

Weekend Warrior
    Hey Dave - welcome

Have a look at these sites for places. Damo is right, the place is shite for rentals. If I can get the freeloading little fuck thats in my place out in time I'll have one for you!

This one's got cheaper places on;

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/

These are where the real estate guys advertise:

http://www.realestate.com.au/

http://www.domain.com.au/

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    oi oi dave welcome mate ull love this gaff its the bollox ,my sis in law lives in camden ill give her a call and see whats about,as for a motor the prices on the big stuff is dropping like a stone mate ,get yourself a jap motor ,avoid anything european unless youve got bundles of dosh, about 5k should get u off the blocks ,something thatll last u a couple of years till you find summat better

Or get a Holden Dunnydoor (Commodore). Loads of them about and parts are cheap as chips and everywhere.

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    My advice is dont move to sydney .
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

I second that motion oldskool, come join us up here in God's own country aka Queensland. Better weather, better Women, better roads for riding, (well that's debatable really I reckon its a toss up between Glorious and Nasho, they're both great in their own way) and, the Qldr's will tell you they have the better footy teams, but since I'm a NSWman I have to disagree with that.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    where bouts u goin in south-west syd???

I live in Campbelltown, think it cost me bout $120 to get home from d city 1 nyt, but i was pretty drunk, so im not entirely sure

There is a train from the airport too, much cheaper than a taxi

Weekend Warrior
    Thats where im gonna be working in campbelltown and looking at maybe Mt Annan to rent to start. Ive gotta go there first cos thats where the job is so no choice at the moment but got a mate whos going to Brisbane and wouldnt mind ending up there maybe.

Hey Dave_isbald where is your place then,only problem ive got is missus and 2 kids so our lass wants somewhere spotless.And Jockney thats what im looking for a cheapy till things get more sorted.

Got someone to rent our house and now maybe a buyer and we have planned to go in about 2 weeks its fucking mental.Still waiting for word that i can import my bike and probably strip the other and ship it on a pallet as parts.

where u gona b working in C'town mate???

Sydney City Motorcycles????

Weekend Warrior
    Yes sure am.

U'll feel right at home, they've been importing a few workers lately.

My names Scott, ill c u at work

When u starting???

Take a look around Camden or Narellan for houses - they're just the other side of the freeway, opposite Campbelltown, and semi-rural ie. you should find decent sized sheds/garages.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by miniman1

U'll feel right at home, they've been importing a few workers lately.

My names Scott, ill c u at work

When u starting???
    How long have you been there then,they told me the in a email they had another british guy there but not how many. we are flying out on the 16th of sept.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by Bear

Take a look around Camden or Narellan for houses - they're just the other side of the freeway, opposite Campbelltown, and semi-rural ie. you should find decent sized sheds/garages.
    The garage is a major factor, whats these areas like and the schools.

well, ive technically been workin there since August last year, but I had a big accident in november and have been off on compo since, i should be goin back to work next week tho.

As for the areas, probably the further towards Narrelan/Camden you go the better. If you move to Camden, it should only take you round 15mins to get to work. Its a reasonably quiet area, decent people/schools etc......

PM sent mate

You poms are alright at Sydney City, Martin's been looking after me ok there

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by bladehunter

PM sent mate

You poms are alright at Sydney City, Martin's been looking after me ok there
    Cant get my pms mate thats my old email address and i cant remember the password to change it.will pm you.

So are you a brit working there or is martin?.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast