Thread: Rookie mistake

Rookie mistake

I have the front end off the GSX14 at the moment so I thought I would do my own spray job on the fork lowers. Went out and bought myself a pretty specky spray gun and some bitumenised paint. Thought I was a real smart arse for thinking of using this paint as it is quite hard to chip so I thought it would be perfect. Now, I work in a very customer service based position and deal with the public a lot. What do you think they are going to say when I come at them with these filthy paws!

To make it worse I thought it would be a good idea to do this bare foot. I have now rinsed myself head to toe in thinners and still cant get this shit off.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Use kero to remove bitumen based paint mate..

just make sure you hit the sorbolene like a heavyweight boxer otherwise you'll be bleding all over your customers!

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    ^^what they said all the blackstuff boys use kero or deisel

Weekend Warrior
    Mate im a waterproofer and use bitumen all day everyday i couldnt even take my wife to dinner my hands were that black i was to embarrased, The best thing i found was a citrus based cleaner a lot better to use than any other solvent based thinners. you smell like oranges after you use it but it works, the secret is not to wet your hands before just squirt the shit on and work it in then wash it off.

Man up and get the sander on it...

F@#K got an interview on Wednesday...going off to put an orange in some kero with a hint of diesel and hope for the best. If that doesn't work, sander it is[]

Weekend Warrior
    Wet and dry on an orbital is the go

Hey bullfrog, make sure when you find a chemical that softens the bitumen dont go for a leak or you will need to explain how you got black fingerprints on your willy to amanda , ha ha.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by rock hard

dont go for a leak or you will need to explain how you got black fingerprints on your willy
    My missus doesn't even bother asking anymore.

Molly disulphide (gotcha grease)is the worst. that shit gets everywhere.

Whats worse than that is truck turntable grease. Once it's on it sticks like glue. gets into the cracks in your skin takes days sometimes weeks to get it out.

I still have this shit in the corners of my nails and in the cuts on my hands!