Thread: G'day

14franko

G'day

Hi everyone, newbie here. I'm currently riding a Honda VT250 Spada (yes, yes, I can hear your laughs) but and selling it in the coming weeks to upgrade to something bigger, that I want to turn into a streetfighter.

Not sure if this question has been asked before (probably has) but what would be everyone's recommendation on the best bike to mod? I'm thinking about availability of parts, or is the idea that everything is custom then it shouldn't matter what bike I choose?

I'm thinking of keeping it between 600cc and 1000cc, I'm looking at spending around $6000 on a resonalbly low k bike (20k or probably) bike and $1000 on mods at this stage. Will $1000 in mods get me far?

Any suggestions/recommendations/hints/tips whatever are much appreciated. I am not expecting you guys to search for bikes for sale!! Just after opinions

Cheers!

BTW:

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard mate. Said it many times before but again will not hurt.... The most important parts about choosing a bike to streetfigter is the frame and engine. The frame will be the one part that stays no matter what you do (unless you are loaded and get an aftermarket custom frame) and the engine wants to be a reliable and hardy bastard with scope for mods later. Start checking out some of the bikes on here http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...?TOPIC_ID=7482 and take full notice of the frames. If you don't recognise them just ask. Also check your local wreckers or trading mag wreckers photos to see what the frames look like on the stripped bikes. As for engines, we'll everyone has their own opinion on that so the choice is yours. Ask questions and you will be advised!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Welcome Franko.
    The world is your oyster. Check out the YOUR RIDE section and youll get plenty of insperation

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    welcome aboard mate and to answer your questions i'd say just about any bike would do but you need to look at pics of the rides you had in mind and then decide for your self what you reckon looks good cos what i like you may not and as far as mods go do you homework and you will be surprised how far $1000 will go

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Hey franko! U'l pick up a good base for around & under 6K no worries mate! Just depends on ur preference really! Welcome anyway buddy!

New to Streetfighters
    Thanks guys, I will have a good browse at those pics to hopefully narrow down my search

ASF Basic Full Member
    Welcome to the madhouse Franko [}]
    I taste so good you'l want the recipe.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Welcome aboard mate

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    Welcome [8D]
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

Weekend Warrior
    Welcome mate, as long as you buy something Japanese, you'll be laughing.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    ^^^ What he said, especially suzukis.

Weekend Warrior
    Hey mate!
    I just signed up myself. Looks like there is a lot of guys on here on the ball to help anyone out.
    I recently built my first street fighter. I love it but the missus hates getting on the back, so I don't know what to do with it. It's an 04 R1 and it wasn't all that much to build up. I grabbed what parts were available at the time and had a good time building it. Even more fun to ride!!

Weekend Warrior
    Welcome mate you will find endless inspiration,ideas and motivation here yuo have definatly landed in the right place