Thread: gsxr wheel swop

gsxr wheel swop

hi all . i have a 85 slabbie want to fit slingshot 17 front wheel but use slabbie forks & calipers any help would be great as i have asked on olsskoolsuzuki web site never got an reply i have saw this mod done .

Blog Entries
    Hi Nathan. Welcome mate. Do you have the 17" wheel in question at the moment or do you need to get it first? I mean, are you doing your research before you get it?

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    G'day mate i can supply you with drawings to fit an rgv wheel and if nessasary the adaptor plates to mount up the later model calipers.
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

i have a gsxr 400 front wheel off an gk 76a aswell as a 1100 k l wheel i would like drawings on how to fit rgv wheel or any of the above wheels thanks nathan

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    sla66ie you got mail
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    It can be as easy as change the bearings in the wheel (bearing is pfi bearing b15-86d), make a sleeve for the speedo drive(which you'll have to trim a few mm off) and get a spacer for the other side, rgv250 (91 mod I think) discs have the same bolt pattern and 300mm outside so a couple of washers on the calipers will do it with your slabby.

Check my post on info on paint colours and you can see mine this is how I did it but I made spacers not washers for the calipers.

Any more info just give a yell.

No offence 03gixxerpilot but I think what you did was very well done but a little dauting for most.

Have Fun
    Andrew