Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Themadposties '88 Kwaka GPX600R

Weekend Warrior
    lol, yeah right

whats a duck tail??
    all this fighter terminology, someone should write a dictonary :d

Weekend Warrior
    so are you running a vw 1300 in the v or something else, im not really upto date on motor racing, are you restricted to using vw engines or could you use another flat four? soobie engine for example?

Weekend Warrior
    Ducktail..... seat section.....

Formula Vee runs two classes, 1200 and 1600.... mine is a 1200.

If you're keen to have a read....

www.fvee.org.au

Haha...
    there are no knobs on the seat...

and that`s her..

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by themadpostie

Ducktail..... seat section.....
    I'd have to disagree on the duck tail definition. Ducktails were a name given to early 70's model Z tails due to the fact they looked like duck bills:

The name gets used in strange places these days though.

Yeah, but since the late 70's it has been used as a generic term for the plastic cover located behind the seat.

I just can't believe that a kiwi has never heard the term before, he must be one of those South Islanders.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by themadpostie

I was thinkin that but didnt wanna insult the man.....

The can is actually quite high....

As I said before, the pics are decieving... its within the peg line... so only just outside the peg line once she's weighted up....

I will be centering the can though so it skims down the side of the suspension rocker. Wont be an issue then.

Below is the general idea and angle of the ducktail. Wont be as long though.

You'll notice I've dropped the lights too. Looks better.

Mate this is just my opinion(that means fuck all to your build)
    But the pipe dont look right[?]

quote:Originally posted by hmmmnz

a bit of a trim to the mudguard and a bit of trimming and a bit of fibre work, ithink there is a sexy as fuck fighter hiding in there
    heres my mspaint effort
    Go back to working with this one looks heaps cleaner its up tighter to the bike and to be frank just looks a shit load nicer than the other one.(as i said my opinion which means nothing)Just my 2c

Weekend Warrior
    Rightio... as I said above... the cans gonna be fixed....

I guess the bottom line is..... I'll keep playing with the bike until I get what I want....

I aint got it right now.... so I'll keep playing...

gday outlaw

just seen it's a clear seat on the wifes machine and they were the mounting posts

good work mate

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    "Boston Steamer"

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Yeah, but since the late 70's it has been used as a generic term for the plastic cover located behind the seat.

I just can't believe that a kiwi has never heard the term before, he must be one of those South Islanders.
    the fucken cheek, thats it!!!
    ive heard the term, but didnt have a clue what it meant

Go on tell me you're not a Southerner.

Ah Chakly just had a thought?????

Since i sold the gixer that i offered you ive actually got a gpz600r in the garage for sale as well interested in that mate being a big K man and all.

Come on Damo, so you finally figured out a way that you can get away from me huh? stick me on a 600

Bit small for me Damo, thanks anyway, plus I'm liking the idea of a GS1000. An old bike for an old git

quote:Originally posted by Large

"Boston Steamer"
    How is the different to a Cleveland Steamer?

Weekend Warrior

Go on tell me you're not a Southerner.
    nah not a Southerner, originally from Taupo, but i have lived all over nz, i prefer the south island to be honest, mainly because of the roads and the fact you can ride a whole day and see only a half dozen cars and no cops and im a skiier so all the best ski fields are in the south,
    thats not entirely true, but the north island fields have too many people at them,

Come on mate, one of the good things about the NI is the cops on the road, back in my day they road CB650's, you could bait'em then leave them for dead in the twisties, even on old H@#da 400 twins

And you don't get a road like the Mamaku's down south. White lining the glade section, through the traffic at Easter along that road was a blast, the sound of exhausts and screaming engines rebounding off the bush that was more like a tunnel, or going hard downhill on the Kaimai Rd, that was where the men lost the wannabes. One of'em overcooked a corner one time, before barriers, straight off the side, then straight down 600 metres into dense bush. Took days to recover the body. When I was real young family friends (twins) used to drag race logging trucks up that road, before they sealed it. At least in the NI when you stop near water you can swim in it, rather than collecting ice cubes from it.
    And Taupo has great back blocks roads around it, or at least it used to, I haven't been back in 20 years. Plus a Trout fisherman's dream come true.

Weekend Warrior

Come on mate, one of the good things about the NI is the cops on the road, back in my day they road CB650's, you could bait'em then leave them for dead in the twisties, even on old H@#da 400 twins

And you don't get a road like the Mamaku's down south. White lining the glade section, through the traffic at Easter along that road was a blast, the sound of exhausts and screaming engines rebounding off the bush that was more like a tunnel, or going hard downhill on the Kaimai Rd, that was where the men lost the wannabes. One of'em overcooked a corner one time, before barriers, straight off the side, then straight down 600 metres into dense bush. Took days to recover the body. When I was real young family friends (twins) used to drag race logging trucks up that road, before they sealed it. At least in the NI when you stop near water you can swim in it, rather than collecting ice cubes from it.
    And Taupo has great back blocks roads around it, or at least it used to, I haven't been back in 20 years. Plus a Trout fisherman's dream come true.
    the Mamaku's road (thas the one between tauranga and paeroa? aye) is a pritty good road, but the haast pass or the arthurs pass is a whole lot longer mabee not as fast but puts you through its paces
    true about the water though, not many places down south hat you can comfortably swim in, i love the ni roads but there is just too many nazi cops and too many boy racers that just can't drive well enough that want to race, taupo sill has some good roads, but with the upgrade to the racetrack there are too many knob ends coming down from dorkland and what not, taupo is becoming chaotic with a big event nearly every weekend, iron man, round the lake challange, jet sprints, ect ect, is getting too busy, i don't like people arses the lot of them
    lol,

Taupo didn't have a race track when I was there last

guess a lot has changed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast