Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Fab

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    email me an ill see if i can hook you up

tom, can ya weld alum yet?.. might need some risers on my top yoke

Ok, here's where we're at.

We are expecting the XY table to get here fri week (subject to the 250k finace thingy) at the latest (here's hoping) and we have to get all the 3phase put in before then so as soon as the power is sorted im into the ally.
    An when i say into the ally i mean this..

We are planning to produce some bike parts in various materials off the xy table such as sprockets, bar risers, triple clamps, brake disks and possibly levers rear sets etc.
    The bulk of the work being done on the table and the machining done through a mate.

The aim is to have the ability to personalise things such as disk brakes and sprockets with names logos designs etc as well as being able to make quality parts cheaper everyone.

Two ways you can help should you choose too.

1: If you have old sprockets, disk brakes or other parts for commmon or uncommon bikes lying around that i can borrow and measure to work out the spacings etc that would be most helpfull. I am keen to do mx sprockets etc too..

2: If you have any ideas that you think could be cut on an xy table and finished with welding and or machining please let me know. we will have a crack at anything..

Anyone who helps out will be rewarded with free and or cheap stuff (materials only), i have no doubt that with the collective "brains trust" we have here we could build almost anything and start making custom fabrications easier and cheaper for the average punter.

Oh this is not the sole purpose of us buying an xy table, it is predominantly for industrial use so anyone who needs mass uhp water cuting done, we can cut anything from 1mm to 30mm in almost any material.

What are your thoughts? Critisism welcome, we are not new to cuting shit up with high pressure water but new to xy tables..

Got a set of K2 rorors you could measure up, not uncommon I know but if you want em I can post them over.

I'm going to be stripping the 1400 over june and lee is doing the same to the XJR so we will both have sprockets, torque arms, oil cooler covers and anything else like that. I might hit you up for some better bar risers and headlight mounts?

Bloke with a smaller stick BillyWhizz888's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Azrael

What are your thoughts?
    I have some bits you can play with
    and apart from that the new job I have been offered could pave the way for mucho money making!
    Fcuk Off Ya Twat

Cheers gibbo, anthing non local or even local may be easier to just measure all the vitals and send me the details if youve got a spare 20 min?
    Bar risers and headlight mounts should be no probs mate, and yeh any other bits ya got draw em with measurements or ill come do it and i can start making a parts list.

tom i got some flat bars on my bike as pictured below... they clamp onto the top of the forks above the top yoke.. i need them made a bit longer and bent back at the ends before the clutch perch and front resivour perch thing... but you can also use them to copy up some universal bars!? which could be an alternative to risers on top yokes..

Looks good, i like the idea of doing the top yoke and bar risers or bar forward mounts in one peice

Ill be out at the workshop from about 11 today but if thats a home/unridable job let me know when its cool to pop over for a looksee

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Noice workshop lots of stuff to do your bits.

Hopefully my headlight doesn't give ya too much trouble there mate.

Nah shouldnt be a prob, got Abels bars to do too, just got in from riding, what a great day! We gotta get you lads back on the road asap.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    bullet proof body armour for my bike ?! chequer plate body panels..

I think this would be a bit mad max.. but goddamn i like it !

You been crashing into things again?

hay tom hows my bars comming along!?!?!? hope its not too hard?

I had Bens(Munchs) headlight surround done by tuesday but broke my wrist and have been hiding it under an old boxing wrist strap to get on site (not allowed with a cast) so having a shit week but trying my best mate. Ill call you tommorrow when i get free of Norislk..

Oh, fuck, um, freddo, I have not forgotten about you I WILL call you, just had a hectic week mate.. Ill try 2morro.

Weekend Warrior
    No rush Azrael, ready when you are, It sound like you had good week already!! No rush...

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Headlight fitted!
    Tomorrow im off to bunnings to grab the other nuts and then its off to drop the plastics to Potato for spraying!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    got a complete set of rotors and sprockets off me 94 speed triple. also got some kwaka rotors ive been playing with at work trying to make me own waves. well ive been making swarf and destroying milling tools actually. did mill up my own triple clamps to fit gsx usd forks to the old triple. i'm a boilermaker by trade and a heathen by choice, ugly but helpfull

Awesome, where about are ya?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast