Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wheelying on in...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Some more pics to pass the time - This is the view I'll have from the cockpit. That's an adjustable GPR steering damper under the handlebars.

Some of the finished paint work.

The top coat is a soft feel clear that doesn't reflect highlights. Very matt looking and has a rubbery feel. The only downside is that it's been quite difficult to get grease marks off but I may just have to find the right cleaner.

Fuck you've done well on that bear.

Feel like painting another bike??

Hmmm... you've got me thinking about it.
    email me.

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by Bear

Was also racing for Arena Essex speedway club at the time. Until some under-skilled 16yr old ran into me and I broke collarbone. Gave it away then.
    Leigh Adams old club. I never knew you did speedway mate. How long did you do it for and which characters did you meet?

By the way, that paint job looks really nice up close. Love the idea of a matt/satin finsh that isn't just single colour.

That's right Si. I joined Arena when they went to the then Conference League (2nd division) and Leigh joined Swindon, I think.
    Leigh Adams used to give me his old bits and pieces. A rim and frame bits here and there. He'd update every season and I got some hand-me-downs.

Have met all the Aussie riders and had some good chats to most of them, Crump, Sullivan (very nice guy), Steve Johnston (a real character) and a few others. I raced over there when laydown engines where just being introduced.

Had a ball meeting diff people at each track we raced. For some reason (I assumed it was because I was Aussie), total strangers had no problems coming up to me and talking about anything. Made heaps of friends.

Met heaps of British characters but can't remember their names. I remember an ex. world final rider was running the spare parts van each meeting and always had a story to tell. Short guy who always had engine probs at the wrong time when he raced in the 80's.
    Can't remember his friggin name...

Rode the first ever meeting held at the Isle of White and had the lap and track record for a week! Heheh.
    Was also the first rider to fly over the fence there. All in the same meeting. []
    Came third over-all because of that.

Blog Entries
    As I mentioned, I never realised mate! I may know a few guys that know you. I'm close friends with the Crumps and also Neil Street (or Bill as he likes to be known).

I'm probably just another rider to them.

Met Neil street once when I was down Poole way. Actually I think it was when I was having a shocking meeting at Exeter - a friggin bicycle drome with dirt on it! He may remember me from almost having an on-track punch-up with local hero/wanker Gary Lobb because I shut him out in one race.
    Apparantly he didn't like losing.

Had some chats to Craig Boyce and attended one of his ride clinics early on. Tried to get Boycey, Crump and Adams interested in making a "How to Ride" DVD but they never got in touch. Their loss. I'll do it without them.

I remember that guy's name who ran the parts van at Arena - Dave Jessup.

Welcome mate! Good luck with the R1!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    i see what you did with the damper there

under the bars makes it truley hidden away!
    im hoping to put some updated pics of my setup on here as soon as i get this final bit machined up

have you get her through rego yet?
    should have brought it up to newcastle, no wait when i got mine done (and all they cared about was receipts anyways)

if your keen to do another paint-job let me know
    swing some bucks your way
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Yeh Fimp that GPR setup just bolts right onto the top triple clamp (using existing threaded holes) and is easy to remove when I need to change air filter etc. and the damping arm slots into a another alloy piece bolted to the front tank mount and the frame (had to drill and tap some holes in the frame). This is standard from GPR in the USA. No fabrication needed.

Scheduled to go over the pits (so to speak) next tuesday and the RTA woman told me the same thing about receipts - make sure you've got them all otherwise they send you back and forth to get them.

Get this - $36 for a blue slip, which is basically a machinery inspection or equivelent to, and $400+ for the RTA pit inspection where all they do is check numbers and receipts!

The only good thing is that I'm legally allowed to ride there and back even without a plate.

ASF Premium Full Member

The only good thing is that I'm legally allowed to ride there and back even without a plate.
    I remember that being the coolest part about registering mine the first time. riding to the rta, the weighbridge etc. without a plate.[8D]
    more titanium than my bike

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    hi bear i used to live across the water form arena essex used to go to the banger racing there ..dave jessop def rings a bell ...but dunno where from ..my mate was into destroying cars in a colorful fashion ijust went to get frozen while he did it lol..and the paint on yer bike is intriguing ..im up for a paint job soon ..so maybe u can get yer arse here on the coast for the 17th may at my gaff for tea and bikkies ...lol

Have met all the Aussie riders and had some good chats to most of them, Crump, Sullivan (very nice guy), Steve Johnston (a real character) and a few others.
    small world really the first ever bike i rode was sullivans junior speedway bike at adelaides sidewinder speedway track may years ago!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345