ok, but my actuall concern is will an oil cooled motor physically fit into a watercooled frame, im talking about a 97 bandit 1200 into a 94 gsxr watercooled frame,
hopefully not repeating myself just a little worried...
quote:Originally posted by Deano

front ends will fit but you will need he oil coole triple clamps. the stems are the same just the steering stops on the lower triple are different from oil to water cooled. you could weld bits onto your water cooled clamps but easier to swap them.

as for the rear end you need to check what diameter swingarm you have. the Australian release 94 mod had a larger swingarm pivot diameter (overbraced) than the earlier (banana) swingarm. the banana style arm will bolt straight into the oil cooled but the overbraced arm will have a larger pivot diameter so you will need custom bearing sleeves to sleeve the diameter down.

none of the body work will fit from the oil to water cooled so you will need oil cooled body work if you are using any fairings
rearset assy are different
exhaust systems are different.

wiring looms are different but water cooled can be made to work if you don't mind changing a couple of basic things.
instruments are different but chances are you will match the instruments to the wiring loom, oil cooled gauges to oile cooled wiring loom etc.

if you have the earlier watercooled model without the overbraced swingarm then the guages mount off the bottom of the top triple clamp the same as the oil cooled. if you have the later watercooled the the gauges mount off the headlight bracket and then that would make it even harder to use the later w/c gauges on the oil cooled body work without running into clearance problems on lock to lock.

i also think that the ignition barrel assy is differnt aswell. so you will have to run the oil cooled top tripple and barrel to get that to work or else put the barrel elsewhere.