Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: must have this, help please exben quickdraw anyone

alfiestorm

must have this, help please exben quickdraw anyone

I must have one of these seats as it is very important to my project. I had one lined up and ready but it all turned to rat shit and now is not happeningfuckintwatshitbolloxwankernobheaddogshagger
    Can any one supply this seat or got a used one it would need to be for the old kawasaki Z650 from the late 1970's to the early 1980's. Cyclone are the company that makes them in the uk but via z power in the uk the postage is a whopping 125 english pounds or a staggering $295 but I realy do need this seat nothing else will do.
    Can anyone help quickdraw or exben with your contacts or anyone it is important for my fighter which is my first fighter aswell.

Weekend Warrior
    I might be able to find a second hand one for you. I know a guy in Beenleigh that has a couple, although I think they were off z900s, dont know if they fit the 650. Ive got one on a z900 in the shed, I also have a 650 frame in the shed I could see if it will interchange if your interested
    Zed

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    It looks like a fairly simple design Stu. Have you consider making your own base out of fibre glass covering it with foam and getting it covered. I made my own seat for the 12r and with a bit of care its not that hard a job - I used the original seat as a basis - chopped the shit out of it until it fitted the new raised tail - filled in the missing bits with fibreglass (just laid gladwrap on the bike and covered it in situ) - trimmed it to shape - covered it with foam then paid a trimmer to finish it for me. I reckon it cost me about $250 all up.

Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    Jason.
    if you or someone you know has one going spare that would be great. It is going on a gixxer frame so mountings are not a problem the major part for concern is the back of the seat or the humped bit if you like must fit with the duck tail of the z650. So if it is off a 900 or 1000 and will fit the z650 duck tail that would be good.

Pete
    building my own seat is an option if i cant get one.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Stu I dont believe that he 900 seat will fit the 650 ducktail as the 900 is well rounded in shape and the 650 is more square. I have one of those seats on my 650. If you loo right in the start of this video you can see how square the edge of the ducktail is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDFTLjmo7ZE

What about using a 900 one to suit the seat zedsled mentiones, the ducktail is longer than the 650s but still should look sweet

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    dont know if this helps stu but we have zpower here in oz there number is (02) 49421134, and there email is zspares@ozemail.com.au
    good luck mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Hi Stu, beware when ordering a seat over the phone cos I used to have a 1977 Z650C with the original seat and it was flat, not like the one you have pictured. The bike came with a spare bike in parts and that bike also had a flat seat. The 1976 Z900 has a very similar tail to the 1977 Z650 but just a little longer but again this bike has a flat seat. In fact I have never seen that kind of seat on a standard bike here in Aus. The 1978 Z650D with cast wheels had an American style with a stepped seat, in fact most of the custom styled Kwaka's have two levels, one for the driver and one for the passenger, again different to yours. Hope this helps.

Stu the more I think about it, the more I believe that seat is off something much older, like the first Kwaka 500 triple. These came out in about 1968. and from memory didn't have a tail-piece just a chrome mudguard coming out from under the seat.
    The bad news is they are like rocking-horse shit!
    Cheers mate.

the seat is a copy of a 2/4 or Guiliari seat that was available for the 70's zeds and honda fours. I found some pics of mine (on since since '81 ) that show the square/stubby shape of the 650 one he 900/1000 is rounded in shape and a fair bit longer, I tink that hte 900/1000 one is more common

Nice pics Evad. what equipment are you running on your bars??

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking you might find that seat far to long for the Gixer project Stu. I remember how long they are as I used to have a Z650 as well. I hated the seat. I know you're trying to match the tail piece but the shear length and how far back the GSXR tank is might surprise you.

hey cutcat, thanks.
    Its a wide band o2 sensor AFR readout and a palm pda that I use to make changes tot eh Fuel injection and log with.

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

I'm thinking you might find that seat far to long for the Gixer project Stu. I remember how long they are as I used to have a Z650 as well. I hated the seat. I know you're trying to match the tail piece but the shear length and how far back the GSXR tank is might surprise you.
    know what ya saying gix but without giving to much away I only need half of the seat but to get half I need a whole seat and a good sewing needle some glue lots of patience and a few vb's

did you try zpower in oz yet stu[?]

Waiting for a reply at the moment rod

quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Waiting for a reply at the moment rod
    ahh ok then mate i used those guys for the z650 i done for my dad and they were very helpful

rod
    the email bounced back and I searched on google and it appears that they have ceased to be anymore?

shit mate sorry bout that it's been a couple of years since i have dealt with them

http://www.zpower.com.au/catalog/index.php here it is stu hope this helps a bit mate

No reply from z power yet.
    anyone found a seat yet or know of one, I still need one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast