Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulling Wheelies

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Yeah im on your side VTR you dont go to the track to drag knee as you put it because
    you probly dont know or cant do it.

Keep pulling wheelies mate you can obviously do that with that massive rear sprocket to make it easy
    at slow speed.

but im also on Davos side Red wants advice on how to wheelie a real bike at real road speed with real size
    sprockets and standard gearing on a big bike with more wieght and horses.

so who really has more balls when it comes to wheelies?

I recon the guys doing them on big bikes at big speed with real gearing im guessing anybody can wheelie
    a bike with a massive sprocket sort of takes away the skill from what ive heard.

dont tell me but you run really low tyer pressure to so your balance piont is heaps bigger to.

Cant help with the prob either Red but i have a couple of times when doing wheelies accidently pulled the
    bike into nuetral because ive been wieghting the gear lever by misstake your not accidently knocking it in are you
    and thats why your getting a slam landing?and its not popping out

Weekend Warrior
    dude dude dude

ok i gave my responce to reds problem witch was dont pit it down if that was happening because i had no advice to give. I only got involved in this thread when Suzuki was mentioned as the best stunt bike which is not true. If u resarch this at all the most tryed and tested stuntbike is a honda F4i.

Now Bigger Sprokets on bikes make it harder to stunt not easier and it is requmended by everyone to learn stock as i did beacuse gear makes your bike "twitchier" which means u need more throtle control to keep u from looping it. Also Gearing is used because when doing slow wheelies the bike tends to stall out at low speeds big gearing sloves this.
    In fact i am planing to go up a couple of teeth coz i keep almost going over the front when i slow them down to 4 km/h

Also letting pressure out of your tyers does not and i repeat does not make balance point lower. Bike tyes are made for corners not going in a straght line and not on one wheel. letting pressure out of your tyres makes the contact point of the rubber larger which increases stability.
    thats all it defently doesnt make balance point lower...

go ask mat mingay he will tell u the same thing dude...
    and when was this a question of balls i never said it was more manly to do slow wheelies. Fast wheelies are more stable and more of a rush, clitching it to bp from a standstill and catching it with the brake on idle is in no way a rush more like hard work but it is way more involved becuase at that speed the bike wants to fall over ...

To any one who is rocking wheelies out there no matter what the speed good on you i take nothing away from that just get your facts right before u want to say anything

As i said "makes the balance point heaps bigger" not lower

It actually flatterns the tyre out which makes your contact patch between
    the road and your tyre a lot larger which in turn gives you a larger piont of balance
    so easier to keep it at balance piont because it is so much larger.

Im not going to argue so im leaving it at that.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by damo1

you run really low tyer pressure to so your balance piont is heaps bigger to.
    quote: originally posted by vtr420
    Also letting pressure out of your tyers does not and i repeat does not make balance point lower. Bike tyes are made for corners not going in a straght line and not on one wheel. letting pressure out of your tyres makes the contact point of the rubber larger which increases stability.
    thats all it defently doesnt make balance point lower...
    thats what i said

good one red... now look what youve done.. ya bloody upset the natives again. j/k

cheers.joe.

vtr do u still speak to drew much ?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    is it that time of the month again??

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

vtr do u still speak to drew much ?
    I havent heard form him since he was last heard from on here ???

Last time i spoke to him he was turning his bike back into a streetbike, think he met a girl??

I think it was more work commitments, I may pop around after work one day this week to and see what he is up too.

Weekend Warrior
    ahh ok wasnt sure

tell him i said hi

and to get back on that 250 and rip it up [}]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12