Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: project RR is coming along slowly...

catchmeifyoucan

project RR is coming along slowly...

Just a pic of my bike, wont look like that for long, changing to streetfighter as we speak... Any suggestions??

Trade it in for a Kwaka?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    its got potential, well i think it does. 05 cbr600RR, 135 at the wheel, need some suggestions...

Piss off the plastics, flat bar conversion kit, set of lights new instruments etc etc etc

Have you had a look at what's available at the streetfighter store, link on the parts page.

Some of the other guys here might be able to provide you with some piccies of fightered 600rr's

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Welcome aboard Rob.

The options are endless. Lose the fairings and clip-ons, for a start.

Have a look around at a heap of other fighters and see what you like. Not everyone taste in bikes is the same. Build what ever you can with the resources you have and I'm sure you will be happy at the end of the day.

Oh, I almost forgot, sell it and and buy a suzuki! lol

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

600.......135 at the wheel? You got a 750 shoehorned in there??

Mate rip the plastics off and whack on a new top yoke and bars. Set of twin spots and your set. You got a nice tail section with an undertail exhaust already and USD front end. It will look sweet.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    yeah as slingblade said only a few things need doin to be spot on have a look at smokey74 new gsxr thou fighter to get an idea of how easy it is to make a new bike look good stripped.

Welcome aboard mate! Rekon you have a good base there for something fun to build on! Pics man, we need pics as you build her up!

Blog Entries
    Hey Catch. Welcome aboard mate. Give us a side profile and we'll give you some ideas.

bikes off the road for 10 months, as i lost my license, again.. started stripping it last night, i want to clean up the underneath of the tail, something like the hotboddies, but cheaper do it yourself, i was thinking fibreglass mould, any other ideas???

will post pics as im doing it, gotta go strip some more, catch..

Post up some piccis n e ways and let the boys make a few suggestions for you.

still a few bits and pieces that need taking off, but mostly done..

engine cases are being sprayed black, so is subframe, not sure about colours for the tank and wheel guard.. Im not sure how to go about all the wireing that shows, i guess i can tuck most of it away, but the rest, i guess i'll just make it neat, you guys got any ideas about hiding wires and crap like that??

Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    blade engine should do nicely and perhaps a wiff of nitros.
    Welcome aboard catch

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    "nother honda keep em comin itll look the business dosent need much
    tell u what ...tho
    sounds like u like messin with plastic.. get an old simson lid cut it in half from the just behind the chin up past the visor mount.. fit a gilera headlamp or any small lights really depending on ur taste in it [u need to be good with the grp] thatll hide all the wiring and look unique

hey catch..welcome aboard mate..just keep tearin da plastic off

quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

engine cases are being sprayed black, so is subframe, not sure about colours for the tank and wheel guard.. Im not sure how to go about all the wireing that shows, i guess i can tuck most of it away, but the rest, i guess i'll just make it neat, you guys got any ideas about hiding wires and crap like that??
    Mate i think the paint looks good as is. Orange and black is a winning combo i reckon.

Wiring is different for every individual bike so you will have to make it up as you go. You will probably have a long loom hanging out front that was tucked into the fairing. The easiest way is to tuck it in a recess under the tank but on newer bikes this is getting harder and harder due to them being so compact and using every bit of space. You can bite the bullet and just shorten the loom to eliminate the excess, just put some thought into what needs to go where once its shortened before you go hacking at it and you will need to find a spot for the fusebox as most of them are usually mounted in the fairing.

Good luck with it.

Blog Entries
    .....and doctor that side cover that sits below the tank so it covers the hole and wires but not the subframe. Do you still carry pillions? Why? Lose the rear footpegs. Make the front look strong and not a sagging pair of dog ears with some risers and straight bars mate. Once you've done all this report back to us with some photos and we'll make the next decisions.

what will risers do to my handling, will it change much, don't know a huge deal about stuff like that... and i have taken the rear footpegs off, they were one of the bits and peioces still to come off. Also do you guys think i shouuld spray the swingarm black, or leave it, im leaning towards black..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast