Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QLDers plan for April Fools Run

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by evad

how long do you recon it will take (hrs) if you run down in 1 day? Those that are leaving Thursday how far are you going on day 1 and where are you stopping over, Newcastle?
    Dave i reckon it will be a 10hr ride inc fuel stops. And that at non licence loosing speeds. Depending which way we go. I have no idea other than the Pacific HWY. Maybe someone else knows better, tho im not keen going via Goondawindi. That at least 3 hrs directly west from here. Maybe Pac HWY to Grafton then the Summerland Way but i have no idea after the turn off to Dorigo. Im thinking about leaving at around 4am Friday if anyone needs a bed on Thursday night you are more than welcome to stay here at my place (Nerang)

quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Just out of interest - does anyone know how much this weekend cost not including fuel... not counting riding around dubbo my bike'll cost 180 bucks in fuel alone damn big block.
    Pete if its going to cost you $180 in fuel (and my fuel bill wont be any cheaper 1350 GSXR) id bank on around $500 for the whole run if your careful with money. Thats everything tho.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Shayne sounds good I think that I will be friday aswell, I have never been further down than coffs so I will be following you guys, lol.Hey new bike looks good, any mods before fools run?

Dave, like i said if you would like a bed for Thurs night your more than welcome to stay, that inc anyone else as well. 4am start would be ideal that should get us to Dubbo by mid afternoon without pushing it.

Ok, so we are leaving down the pacific hwy are we? with a 4am start its gonna be an early rise for me lol...

Jarrod

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Thats cool Shaynr, 4 am is deffinatly the go get a good start before it gets to hot Ill let you now a bit later about crasing at your place on Thursday night.

4am is too easy mate..

Ok, so its looking like there are the following people leaving from GC to go down to AFR on Friday at 4am.

Ozkat,
    Bohemian,
    Evad, and
    Jakam04.

Looks like a good trip..

Jarrod

I'm in on the Thursday run with Si.
    I have booked a Bandit 12 that I have to pick up in Noosa so I'll grab that on Wednesday evening and ride down to the GC to meet up with Si and whoever on Thursday morning.

Si, what time you planning to leave ?

Blog Entries
    Anyone that knows me will tell you that if I say 8 it means 9 and so on so I'm not the best for giving times.

I reckon Davo will be the time keeper.

I think we should choose a route down (Mark and Terry are good for this job - is Terry still doing it Mark?) and find out where we should aim for the first night and that should give us a leaving time. Who's coming down with me, Davo, Krash and Rocket? I think Huddo will be with us as will Kye but I'll have to confirm.

Supercharger? What's happened with the licence mate? Puppet, get your finger out and type. Dez and Kaye?

All Thursday leavers shout out now.

quote:Originally posted by ozkat

quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Just out of interest - does anyone know how much this weekend cost not including fuel... not counting riding around dubbo my bike'll cost 180 bucks in fuel alone damn big block.
    Pete if its going to cost you $180 in fuel (and my fuel bill wont be any cheaper 1350 GSXR) id bank on around $500 for the whole run if your careful with money. Thats everything tho.
    Yeah figured about that. Well unless I get an insurance cheque between now and then I wont make this years

Pick me up a T-shirt so I can pretend I was there [][)]

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Anyone that knows me will tell you that if I say 8 it means 9 and so on so I'm not the best for giving times.

I reckon Davo will be the time keeper.

I think we should choose a route down (Mark and Terry are good for this job - is Terry still doing it Mark?) and find out where we should aim for the first night and that should give us a leaving time. Who's coming down with me, Davo, Krash and Rocket? I think Huddo will be with us as will Kye but I'll have to confirm.

Supercharger? What's happened with the licence mate? Puppet, get your finger out and type. Dez and Kaye?

All Thursday leavers shout out now.
    im in for thrusday too.... nerang maccas 9am?

cheers.joe.

Nerang Macca's 8AM...Blast Off no later than 8.30 Thursday Morning.

I'm easy when it comes to the root,but further we get the better.We'll book somethin if theres heaps of interest.

Rocket:you need to be picked up from Maroochydore Airport,or need directions to the bike hire joint,just yell out.Welcome to stop at my place mate

Krash,plenty of room here if ya's wanna stay on the way down or back.

I'll be leaving the sunny coast at about 5.45am.

...and i'll ring Pumpit.

Thanks Davo I think i got it all sussed. Just tell me where to meet you in the morning and I'll be there.

Gix, you booking accoms in Dubbo ?
    I'll take the flash digs thanks.

We are leaving around 4 or 5 am on the friday in the ute with the 1400 in the back. I'll be bringing extra straps just in case.
    There is room in the back if anyone wants to throw stuff in.

Des, why not ride down and leave the ute at home?

Cause if i ride, i will be 2 up and with all the stops ( Kays sore butt ) it would turn into a 12 hour tour.

p.s. and it might rain [V]

ASF Basic Full Member
    si
    i go to court on the 6th of march and pending on the judge, 6mths loss or work licence, eather way i'll have to go to AFR by road barge, (i wont one of those fucken shirts)
    i was going with ozcat in his car but he just bort himself a mint slaby and is now riding, thats unless (she who must be obayed) gets her own way and makes him drive.
    so if someone out thair is road barging it, & has any room, i'm happy to through in some bucks for fuel.

Blog Entries
    Robby already thinks you're going down with him mate in the ASF gear wagon. I thought you must have spoken to him. He's planning on coming down on the Thursday as well mate so tell your boss to stick his job up his arse 'cause you have a mission from God to attend to (or something like that anyway).

Rocket - still waiting to hear from Devo and Jim about accomodation. Looks like it might have to be a book your own set up at the hotels suggested. Hopefully I'll hear soon.

quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Thanks Davo I think i got it all sussed. Just tell me where to meet you in the morning and I'll be there.
    mate,are you stayin at the Goldie or Sunny Coast on Wed night.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast