Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Streetbike Shootout 23 Dec

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Paul,

If you were riding out there that day at the drags.. let me know which was your bike as I have plenty more pics, just posted the obvious member pics..

Jarrod

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    G'day Jarrod,
    Thanks for the offer mate. I was riding a green ZX7R with a satin black GSXR tail unit and half fairing. I was wearing black and yellow leathers. Ozkat has my bike in a couple of his pics on the previous page. Its only the second time I have run the bike and I'm a bit slack when it comes to pic's. Thanks again.

Paul.

Im sorry to say paul that you seemd to have slipped through the net. I had a look through the pics and didnt seem to see the green/black beast.

On feb 17th I think is the next one. Will make sure I know who all the ASF guys are and will make sure I take pics for ASF...

Jarrod

Hey gang,

If there are any other people off this site that were at the drags at willowbank on 23rd please feel free to let me know what bike you were riding as I may have a pic or two as I have a few unidentified bikes in pics. no guarentees lol..

Jarrod

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    No probs mate, thanks for having a look anyway. I'll be at the next one and hopefully will meet more of you guys there as well. Thanks.

Paul.

Weekend Warrior
    Hey, thanks Jarrod, I did get a surprise when I had a look at your photos, you have captured the old fat fart on the Kat no. 887, my Partner liked that photo, have you anymore? and can I use them for myself?
    I did find it a bit hard to take photos of myself.
    Thanks
    Reg.

quote:Originally posted by megareg

Hey, thanks Jarrod, I did get a surprise when I had a look at your photos, you have captured the old fat fart on the Kat no. 887, my Partner liked that photo, have you anymore? and can I use them for myself?
    I did find it a bit hard to take photos of myself.
    Thanks
    Reg.
    Heres another pic for your collection mate.

Jarrod

What time did the Kat do?

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks Jarrod, Great photos, the "Rat Kat" will be presented a bit better the next time I have another run.

As for what time I did... well.... the quick answer is 12.3....
    The long answer is... 24 years does make a difference (was doing 11.7 back in '82), and I guess I had a subconcious desire not to give it full wellie.... I know I have a cracked drive shaft bearing (inboard of the front sprocket), the spline is worn badly (about half of it), I have 40,000k's on the clock, but with the wear on that spline, it could be at least another 100,000 or 200,000k's maybe, it was supposed to have a big bore kit in it, when I got it in June this year, the clutch slipped badly... that is fixed now and I have been on the dyno and now the 1/4 mile, it tells me that it is a standard bore.
    I have a spare transmission, barrel, clutch basket, just waiting on getting a spare head and cams from somewhere and then the big rebuild goes ahead with that motor, I have most of the bitz of an EFE motor coming sometime and THAT motor will be a bit wild, so maybe around this time next year I will be doing much better times, Si has posted my time on the bragging board and I will be making them look better eventually.

Oh, and on the way back from Willowbank, at Clayfield, there was a yellow Kat on its back wheel going through a set of lights... I thought to myself.."looks good mate.. shame we weren't going in the same direction... we could have had some fun!"

Shit... I've rambled on a bit.. better get back to work..
    Cheers
    Reg.

12.30's is OK for the old girl

(thats my Kat photo in the bragging board page)

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

12.30's is OK for the old girl

(thats my Kat photo in the bragging board page)
    Nice one, was that in August? I was there but was very sick, Doctors orders not to do too much, thus did not ride, yours is very well presented, shame you did not get to go to this one, I would have liked to have a good look at it.
    Cheers. <boss cracking whip in background>
    Reg.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345