Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 900RR streetfighter pics

I got most of the wiring done today and everything layed out the way I want it. Found a place for the horn behind the radiator and got most of the harness tucked away in front of the air box. New LSL bar kit, extended clutch cable and stainless lines look good too. I just need to decide on a headlight and then I'm moving my attention to the rear end of the bike.

Blog Entries
    Moving ahead nicely mate. Good work.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    great stuff, keep the pics comin....

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    looking good smokey

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    you mother F'er. look what i've friggin done, gone and made a
    monster out of ya. what the hell are you going to do with two
    fighters? you have two in your stable before i can even get mine
    on the road. heavy sigh! ah well. good purchase.......................................... ....................................
    .................................................. .................................................. ..........................
    .................................................. .................................................. ..........................
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................fucker

quote:Originally posted by sprbeast

you mother F'er. look what i've friggin done, gone and made a
    monster out of ya. what the hell are you going to do with two
    fighters? you have two in your stable before i can even get mine
    on the road. heavy sigh! ah well. good purchase.......................................... ....................................
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................fucker

Hell yeah! It's all your fault.. That's exactly what I'll tell my wife when she ask's where all our money went. This one's gonna be my daily rider and I'm keeping the Gix for when I want to get serious. After seeing what the fighter scene is all about, I can't help but want to do something custom. I also don't like to waste any time so chances are my Blade will be done and ready by spring.

maybe you can get some inspirations if you look at these sc33

i had 100 more pics of fireblade fighters ...

Man, that front wheel is fat.. How does something like that take the twisties?? It's looks tits. I don't know if I'm capable of turning out something that nice. I'm gonna give it hell and see what I can do. Any tips you can pass on to me would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    The fat front balances out the fuck off fat back tyre. We came to the conclusion a while back that a standard size wheel on the front with that size back wheel would be virtually unrideable, but add a fat on the front and the surface area is not as offset, giving better handling. Never tried riding anything like that with the dual fats so this is only a guess.

watch on this side...
    http://www.bimbos-fighter.de/umbauten.htm
    there are many custom cbr`s like this one

or whatch here..
    http://www.fight-machines.com/english/index_frame.htm

Blog Entries
    Did you check out that 330 back tyred Buell? Nuts.

yes i did..absolutly HARD CORE !!!

Thanks for the link and pics Outlaw. Looks to me like the tail section can make or break the overall look of the machine. I'm not sure about the turned up look of the tail on many of them. I want a shorter and cleaner tail without looking like it's been kicked in the ass or run into from behind. I'm going to look very close at every pic and see if I can finalize my plan. I'll post pics once I start cutting.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Smokey have a look at the new yamaha r6 tail unit
    its sweet,i'll be thinking of using it on my
    next bike.
    somebody on here has it on a gixxer
    but i can't find the link.

As you guys can probably see, this was my first attempt at a new tail for my 900RR. This is just a mock up as I would use a one piece race tail for the final build but I'm not very happy with it so I think this idea is getting scrapped. It's better than the stock look but still not exactly what I'm looking for. I used a broom handle to show the height I'm going for but I'm also trying to keep the lines clean at the same time. I'm going to keep working on it and maybe try another the R6 tail section mentioned by FighterMC to see what it looks like. Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    If you want that sort of height your going to have to do some subframe mods mate. Either that or you'll have one fat back end to make up the difference. Your half way there anyway as you have a bolt-on subframe. Try and find the complete subframe and plastics if you want a production made tail.

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

If you want that sort of height your going to have to do some subframe mods mate. Either that or you'll have one fat back end to make up the difference. Your half way there anyway as you have a bolt-on subframe. Try and find the complete subframe and plastics if you want a production made tail.
    Yep, that's my next step. I cut about 8 inches off the rear of the subframe, now I think I need to separate the upper and lower rails to change the angle of the frame to get the height I want. Once I do that, I'll see what tailsection will work best and try again. At least I know what I want, hard part is getting there.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    I kinda like the TLR or Busa tails with a big tank like that......not many ppl use them but they have nice undertails and lines to go with them......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast