Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nov 25/26 - Weekend meet at 1770 near Gladstone

we still need to sort out sumthin for 1770,a mate of mine is a regular up there so i'll see what he knows,otherwise Letsconnection's place mite be the go.
    I'll fire up the "Beefmaster2006" on friday night.

ASF Basic Full Member
    hi

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    yeah im coming along.. but i'll be in the beer wagon it seems. no ticket to ride shortly

cheers.joe.

Blog Entries
    Mark, nice of you to say hi mate. You don't say much, but when you do - look out!
    Joe, I'll put your name down.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    hey Si, i dont blame you for being confused. i changed my email address and therefor han to change my user name? Anyway, that with the infrequency of my posts its no wonder you got confused.
    Anyway its all good except that my other gixer now requires another alternator, well at least thats what the boys at Team Moto/ Moorooka Yamaha are saying.My gixer is sitting in their workshop indefinetly. Im going to tell them its got to be ready the week before the 1770 ride!!!
    See my post in the parts requested section

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hey guys,

It is possible that I might be coming along for the ride up to 1770. Although My GSXR1100 will still be stock standard at that time, this might give me an opportunity to see the works of art you guys ride to get the creative juices flowing. Will confirm closer to the date.

Jarrod

Blog Entries
    Hey Jarrod, believe it or not, out of all of the names listed so far I think there will only be 5 modified bikes there! There's a lot of tin top action and standard bikes going as well. This one is more of a general meeting/get together than the our annual bike event. If you want to see all the bikes together and done up especially for the event get yourself to "THE FOOLS RUN" in April as well as that's when you'll see all the good stuff. I'll put your name down as well mate.

Weekend Warrior
    I could be up for this, just need to check on a few things, do we know any more about room arrangements. Whos leaving when and from where?

Does anyone know what the fuel situation is up there, is Premium available?

Dont worry Jarrod, nothing bling about my bike!!

Shayne

ASF Basic Full Member
    si,next time i'll exit out of the forum when i leave the room b4 ben replies on my behalf.
    i didn't know the leave day was a friday for 1770, i may have to catch up with the crew saterday.

ASF Basic Full Member
    or is that saturday

how bout 9am at the Ettamogah Pub.be early.(1st exit after the Caloundra turn off,just turn left when ya see the cow skins hangin on the fence).
    Shayne,bring a bottle of octane boost just in case,but we're not that fuel retarded north of Brizzy.Dont worry about accommodation,im onto it.

Weekend Warrior
    Davo I was more worried when I get to 1770 as the Turbo only gets around 300klms on a tank, probably less if those roads are worth having a squirt on! Havent tried the bike Octane Boost might get me out of trouble though.

Just checked on th BP site and the last Servo to have Ultimate is Bundaberg but Shell has a Servo at Miriam Vale selling Optimax, not sure if thats the way we would be coming or going.

I havent been up there since I was a kid and that was through Bundaberg I think and shit some dirt roads. I hear its all changed now and its a booming town.

9am at Ettamogah sounds good.

Shayne

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    It's all bitumen and it's all good road now

We just booked a room at the Mango tree motel for 2 adults it was $80 per night[8D]
    A lot of the other places were around the $200 -$230 a night...![:0]

The number is 07-49749132

She said she had 11 more rooms free for that night, 3 with undercover parking,but she said we could put as many bikes under the cover as we liked.

It's the old shop at the beach (it used to be anyway) so it's not too far from th Agnes Tavern (and all own hill on the return trip to bed)[)]

so were stayin at Agnes Water ??? was just havin a look on google and the motel is 6k's from 1770.either way im easy.

we booked at Mango tree because if you look up sandcastles for that date they are heavily booked and start at $150 a night. There is only 7k's between the two pubs.So we'll drink at either but the beach for swimming is Agnes,and the Tavern is about 500m from the Motel.
    Di also found it hard to find much accomodation other than the dearer resort style places.you really have to ring around and get referals locally as the smaller places aren't into advertising much

It's just a thought but 1770 is more a fishing orientated holiday place.

Agnes is a lot bigger place,and has a lot more ammenities.
    1770 is good to go for a ride to and have a beer at the pub, but that is about it.

I can see if the Tavern has a live band for that date if you like as they do this fairly often.
    Just our 10 cents worth......(we will drink anywhere)

I think there is PULP at Agnes waters servo as we ride to there a bit.
    I can check with them if anyone wants...

just talked to the Agnes Tavern, and they said they will run a courtesy bus to 1770 for pick up and drop home, so it won't matter where we all stay we can get to and from to drink at either pub
    [8D][8D][8D]

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    good work krash, look like you got some things orginsed there
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

nice 1 Krash. I'll ring the motel and book a few rooms.So far we have about 17 starters and the rooms sleep about 4-6 people.Who else wants to book their own???

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast