Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Streetbike Shootout Sat 14th Oct Willowbank

ozkat

Streetbike Shootout Sat 14th Oct Willowbank

The next Wolfracing LAE Willowbank Sportsbike Shootout is on Saturday the 14th of October. Gates open at 12.30pm. Apologies for the short notice. Remember this is 3hrs of bike only Test'n'Tune. Same goes as the lat one $45 (i think) gets you in the Shootout as well as the rest of the Test'n'tune. Thats about 8hrs of racing. I hope to see a few more of us there.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Well at least me & you will be there......TESTING
    It would be great to see a few STREETFIGHTERS come out to play[8D]
    Guaranteed to be a top day

AAAND i will be there for this one.. with the bike half set up for drag racing (rigid rear and lowered) know where i can get one of them lowering straps for the front?? prolly just make one right?

shane i wont be coming to the T&T tonight.. bikes got electrical gumblings in it.. the CDI box is buggered ive ordered another one, so should be firing soon enough.

cheers.joe.

PS. wheres the best place to buy some larger carby jets etc..?

No TnT tonight Joe. www.wolfracing.com.au sells lowering straps. Dont make your own cause you wont be able to use it.

Joe is in for a good night of racing on the 14th October. What about the rest of you pussys? Ill be there and im hunting Busa's

U know I'm in Oz...BUT [V]I start my holidays then - Riding up to Townsville - hhmm , may have to set my travelling back a day.

HAHA i bet Abusa wants a rematch [][B)][|)][^]

quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Joe is in for a good night of racing on the 14th October. What about the rest of you pussys? Ill be there and im hunting Busa's
    Given up on those wascally wabbits eh?
    Still there's nothing quite like beating a 'bussa down the strip
    If only i hadn't plucked that damn cherry at the Winters

Weekend Warrior
    Always up for a rematch Bo! I will be there but maybe not racing. I have had my leg in a cast for the last 6 weeks, only got it off Friday, see how Physio goes.

That was bad luck Papa at the Nationals, you probably would have easily gone rounds if it want for that cherry.

Shayne

quote:Originally posted by abusa

That was bad luck Papa at the Nationals, you probably would have easily gone rounds if it want for that cherry.

Shayne
    Yeah it's a bad habit i really have to brake.[:I]
    Hey, just curious Shayne, what have you got planned for the gsx mod bike that you bought off jurgo?
    It'd be nice to see that on the track one day too.
    Rick

Weekend Warrior
    Not sure yet what I am up to with the old ModBike GSX. The plan was to run it and the Outlaw together with my brother riding it. He is having so much fun on his Kwaka now that I dont think I will be able to pry him off it. I do plan to use the mint Street Gear on another frame though that I have and maybe sell the ModBike GSX as a roller now that the motor is in my Outlaw. I will probably run a few laps on the Street GSX in ModBike when its going, should look nice when its finished.

Hope that all made sense!

Shayne

Im pretty keen on the outlaw bikes as well, not too sure about the heads up racing tho. I might have to add a turbo or nitrous or both to even get close to any of the numbers some of those blokes are running. Maybe a GS/GSX engine implant may be a better way to go than sticking with the GSXR cause im pretty sure i cant get anymore than 1370cc out of the current lump. And the oilcooled GSXR engines are a bit fragile when pushed. Anyone got any info on what sort of times the oilcooled engines can do?

Weekend Warrior
    Oz,
    GSXR's have run good numbers so probably no need to change motor. From what I hear its a bit of a hassle anyway so money better spent on beefing up what you have or working on other areas of the bike.

Fabio Crystal has run low 9's on stock wheelbase, but its pretty hard to compare with him, he won lots in the 90's.

Recently he has been coming out to play at the Sportsbike Shootouts, might be worth taking time out to check him ride a bike, pretty amazing.

Heads up is going to be quite a challenge, hopefully with more bikes there will be more classes and closer racing in the Outlaw ranks. At the moment my Turbo is a far cry from being in the hunt and I can almost guarantee that my new bike will run faster all motor!

Shayne

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to circumstances beyond the organisers control the shootout times will be
    Gates open at 1.30pm & runs from 2.00pm.
    They do appologise profusely for any inconvenience.

quote:Originally posted by abusa

Oz,
    GSXR's have run good numbers so probably no need to change motor. From what I hear its a bit of a hassle anyway so money better spent on beefing up what you have or working on other areas of the bike.

Shayne
    Shayne i was actually meaning to put the GSXR back on the road and buy another bike to race. I wouldnt mind getting maybe a GSX modbike roller or comp bike roller. If i could actually find one for sale. Maybe someone has pulled a motor out of a modbike to use in an Outlaw bike somewhere Or has a modbike roller 4sale

Weekend Warrior
    Ha Ha, now I know what you are getting at, LOL
    I have one small obstacle, a mate is keen on the wheels, well actually the rear. I have standard alloys I could put in it, or maybe source RGV or GSXR wheels.

Your motor in it with the Wheelie bars and a decent clutch would make it a pretty good mod bike. Actually I would consider selling the Outlaw Body with it then you could convert it to take your Swingarm, options!!!

Let me get in contact with him and see if he wants them still.

Shayne

abusa you have mail @cyanide

quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to circumstances beyond the organisers control the shootout times will be
    Gates open at 1.30pm & runs from 2.00pm.
    They do appologise profusely for any inconvenience.
    Get to Sleep in

OH great, that means we get to run into the setting sun between 4 and 5! [8D]

bring ya welders masks []

So who else is coming? There is a big race meet on at Warick Drags the same day, which is good for us. That means more time for bikes on the strip. So far we have Des, Joe, Boh? Papa Smurf and myself. Lets get a good turn out there and show the OSB blokes and others what we are doing. Cmon you blokes get with it and have alot of fun.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast