Thread: GSXR750K at Fowles Auctions BRISBANE

Hillsy

GSXR750K at Fowles Auctions BRISBANE

Here's a link:

http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/lo...Number=1983293

"Personal Import" - looks in pretty good nick / intact. This bike is over 15 years old so can be RWC'd and taken straight to Rego (no $330 Write-off inspection needed)

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    I think I might head down there monday to check them out, There are a few interesting ones on the list....

I went and had a look. The gsxr looks like a perfect project bike. all pretty neat and tidy, fuck all damage. Rear shock feels like a kids trampoline though. I don't know why people let them get that bad????? Must be a pig to ride. Plenty of other stuff to play with too. Couple of busa's, a zx12, an almost perfect ZRX1200 and a few descent looking 600's. Definately the place to look if you wanted a cheap track bike!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by r1crashtestdummy

I went and had a look. The gsxr looks like a perfect project bike. all pretty neat and tidy, fuck all damage. Rear shock feels like a kids trampoline though. I don't know why people let them get that bad????? Must be a pig to ride. Plenty of other stuff to play with too. Couple of busa's, a zx12, an almost perfect ZRX1200 and a few descent looking 600's. Definately the place to look if you wanted a cheap track bike!
    Did you go to the auction? Buy anything?

Nah mate had a big job going out today so i got stuck here getting it ready. Next damaged auction is in a month. Might check that one out if I haven't bought something before then. I'm realy curious to see what sort of money the bikes go for. Might be some bargains to be had.....

Weekend Warrior
    I was told the Gixxer went for $1950, probably owe you about $2200 by the time you put it on a trailer

Shayne

quote:Originally posted by r1crashtestdummy

Nah mate had a big job going out today so i got stuck here getting it ready. Next damaged auction is in a month. Might check that one out if I haven't bought something before then. I'm realy curious to see what sort of money the bikes go for. Might be some bargains to be had.....
    I picked up my ZX9 for a shade under $2K from the auctions. Spent about the same again to get it straightened / back on the road so there are bargains there if it's the right day / you're prepared to wait, etc. I think it took me 5 auctions to snare this one (I was in no rush), and I noticed that the ZX9's generally don't seem to go for stupid money like the R1's and Busa's - so that was what I waited for.

Sounds like a bargain Hillsy

quote:I picked up my ZX9 for a shade under $2K from the auctions. and I noticed that the ZX9's generally don't seem to go for stupid money like the R1's and Busa's
    That's why I've always considered the ZX9 to be "The Thinking Mans Sportsbike" It's a lot nicer ROAD bike that the R1, etc.
    They're a couple of kilos heavier & couple of HP less than the R1 & Gixers of the same years but it makes 'em better behaved than the others IMHO.
    Unfortunately, people get blinded by figures & have to have the lightest & most powerful bike they can get - these are the guys I love riding around the outside of. [}]