Thread: 02 R1 $7500 (canberra)

playwme

02 R1 $7500 (canberra)

02 model Yamaha R1 . It's been dropped on the RHS but landed on grass so damage is minimal and mainly cosmetic. Frame forks and wheels all seem to be straight and I have ridden the bike as it is and it still rides well.

Would probably be best suited as a track bike but is repairable if you have the time to source the parts or would be perfect for a High Performance Streetfighter.

What's damaged--
    All front fairings
    Headlight and bracket
    Instruments- tacho and lights work but LCD speedo is smashed.
    Brake lever and reservoir.
    Minor scratches on can and on both wheels.

Extra's--
    Yoshi can
    Hyperpro steering dampener
    Fender eliminator

Exact KM's are unknown, however the previous owner bought it with 4000km on the clock and he used it very sparingly. Bike is very clean in all those little nooks and cranny's where dirt gets into.
    Tyres have plenty of tread.

This bike is not on any Written Off Vehicle Registers.

Asking $7500.
    For serious enquiries call me on 0438 635 265

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    not going to bother with a "Hello"?

btw...you're dreaming if you think it's worth 7500

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    quote:Originally posted by Large

LOL........ouch!

Is it just me or do Yamaha have some ugly ass welding on their frames. I have seen under the skirts of a few R1's and R6's and it seems sloppy by the standards of robotic production lines today. Maybe robots have POETS day as well!

New to Streetfighters
    quote:Originally posted by Large

Thank you for your constructive input. I was getting around to the hello. Unfortunately, due to the number of forums on the internet and my limited time online, getting the bike advertised in appropriate places was first priority. Second priority on this sunny weekend was riding my bikes.

As for the asking price, please note the word ASKING. I've seen R6 carbied track bikes that are unable to be registered fetch $6500 so a EFI R1 thats not even on the WOVR has to be worth slightly more.

Perhaps you would like some more background info on the sale before making more unhelpful comments. The rider wasn't as lucky as the bike in this accident. He wasn't able to avoid the tree and is in a partial vegetative state (hence the exact KM's being unknown.) There is a possibility of him regaining some very limited mobility, but the chances of him walking again are below zero. As the only other person the family knows who is interested in bikes, I was entrusted with the job of liquidating his Motorcycle assets, in the hope that the money will be used to pay off credit cards and debts thereby making life slightly easier for his wife and young daughter, who already have enough to worry about.

Now that I know who the big mouth know-it-all is on this forum i feel more at home. Maybe I'll hang around and try to get a few ideas for fighting my 1000RR. Hopefully other members have some useful tips and constructive comments.

Still haven't seen a hello yet....will that be in your 3rd post?

Here's a hint mate. This is a free forum where members can get together and exchange ideas/hints about modifying bikes. This is not a free advertising resource for anyone to use.

If you only want to advertise a bike for sale...why not pay for a trading post ad?

As for fightering a 100000RRRRR . It's a honda so prolly not worth it

Weekend Warrior
    cool down playwme
    It was just a small dig about the price and not saying hi.
    Sorry to here about your friend and for his family but no one here dist the rider.
    no need to get quite so hot.
    by the way HI

welcome aboard...Nelan Kindrachuk. Theres a few members down your way.

Blog Entries
    Yea, welcome aboard mate. The "no hello/intro" thing is a long running one. It's all good.I don't mind anyone selling stuff on here as long as it's an honest sale and not trying to exploit ASF members.

New to Streetfighters
    Now that I have a minute to scratch myself,

Hello Ausstreetfighters. Thanks for the warm welcomes. I understand your "no hello/intro" thing. All forums have these issues, and the one that gets under my skin is the know it all that slags all the buy sell threads without having seen the bike. I've been on the buyer side as well reading posts like that and it can be kinda uncomfortable.

Anyway, short intro on me. I have a 1000RR sitting in the garage but I hate the riding position so I dont use it. I chose to break all my laws on a slightly modded KTM640SuperMotard. Its the best purchase I have ever made and I've done over 15,000kms on it since August, including Snowy Rides and a 3 day trip up the Oxley Highway. A mate on the Oxley ride insisted I ride his newly fightered 180RWHP K5 GSXR1000, which provided me with a more acceptable use for a 1000cc jap superbike. The original plan was to buy this R1 and fighter it (cause half the work is already done) but the riders mother broke down when she saw the bike for the first time after the crash, and insisted that she never see it again.
    The KTM can do everything for me but if I get time for another project, the 1000RR may loose its clothes. Anyone around here done a 1000RR before?

R1 has to go so decent offers will be cosidered.

Blog Entries
    You mean something like this?:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...?TOPIC_ID=2271

Not exactly the 1000rr but similar

Mate I just sold a mint condition R1 the same as this one for 10k in Brisbane. I would definately be interested in this bike but the price seems extremely high for a pretty damaged bike. I know that you are trying to get as much money as you can for the family etc but I don't think it is worth that. I am not just trying to bag you out, this is a serious response.
    Was the bike not insured? Crazy crazy crazy........
    any finance owing on it?

How's it going Plawme?

See you've come in with a bang there mate Aaah well, we can't let the rest of Aus think that CBR is full of nothing but leeching/thieving/terrorist pandering/ethnic loving\fag marrying\traitorous lefty political scabs now can we![}]
    There's assholes like us too[8D]

Some of the guys here really do have a thing about saying hello (don't understand it myself, I think they're probably gay[:X], most people are lucky to get a grunt out of me most of the time, let alone anything intelligible AND non-abusive). But don't get too worried about it, they still put up with me (although Large isn't talking to me any more , and mono-brow completely fucked off[^]) and it's A FUGGIN EXCELLENT SITE MATE.

I'm working in Civic, living in Belconnen, what about you? Where and when do you normally ride? (I'm a Cotter Rd man meself, running a fightered GPz9, and guess what color? poxy royal blue, I mean holy snapping arseholes the only thing royal about me is the throne I sit on every morning[8D]).

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Personally I dont call a hemaroid pillow a thone, Maybe a throne or relief.????

Who said I wasn't talking to you anymore chalky?

Pictures say a thousand words...

quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

Personally I dont call a hemaroid pillow a thone, Maybe a throne or relief.????
    More like Jim Foetus's 'Throne of Agony' you reckon?(God I love his attitude to music, pure violent thug with a sick twist, he's the streetfighter of the music world[}])

And I'm sorry Large, I thought my last series of comments had really pissed you off. I'll try harder next time (how can a man with you're bike collection get pissed off at anything, you're damned near at Heaven's <s>Gate</s> workshop)

I've been saving up another pic for that very moment...

New to Streetfighters
    quote:Originally posted by r1crashtestdummy

Mate I just sold a mint condition R1 the same as this one for 10k in Brisbane. I would definately be interested in this bike but the price seems extremely high for a pretty damaged bike. I know that you are trying to get as much money as you can for the family etc but I don't think it is worth that. I am not just trying to bag you out, this is a serious response.
    Was the bike not insured? Crazy crazy crazy........
    any finance owing on it?
    Price is open to offers. I just asked a few bike people what they thought it was worth asking and took the average. It wasn't insured because he barely used it and the bike has no finance owing on it.
    I realise the market is pretty shit right now. I've had my Mint condition 1000RR advertised for $12k and cant even get phone calls for it.

Gday Chalk10. I've been steering clear of the cotter lately as I saw coppers out there a few times and there are too many guys crashing their CBR250's out there. I prefer to duck out to WeeJasper. The 5 km of dirt tends to put most riders off and there are some wicked bends out there. Perfect Motard country. Either that or I run through Namadgi to Adaminaby via the dirt and do Snowy Mountain runs.

That Namadgi one knocks the crap out of the GPz mate, be awsome on a motard though, come to think of it, I haven't done that run since I removed the plastic and put on drag bars, might have to give it another go[]. Used to go horse riding along the Wee Jasper Rd years ago, need to check that one out again too.
    Still, there's nothing like 'buzzing' the Cotter Rd cycle-fags at speed for a chuckle.

We'll have to organise a run some time.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    G'Day playwme and welcome. For my 2 cents worth, I think you'd be hard pressed getting $7500 for this through the normal channels, however, have might want to look into putting it through an auction.
    Speak to these guys:

http://www.fowles.com.au/

There's been a couple of threads in this forum regarding over-priced damaged bikes going through these guys, so it might be your best bet.

Good luck with it - hope to see your RR fighter in these pages soon.