Thread: Heavy Metal and Moto GP

hooligan

Heavy Metal and Moto GP

I just heard that Fear Factory and Devildriver are playing in Melbourne on the 17th of september. I was wondering if anyone wanted to pack up tents as soon as the gp finished, catch a couple of bands, and get a bit rowdy.[}][}]

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    FEAR FACTORY ROCK

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Mate i would love to see them again, especially on the back of the new(ish)album but the GP is out of my reach this year. DOH.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Sydney on the 15th, and Boh, brisbane on the 13th. You guys should give devildriver a listen, too.
    more titanium than my bike

Is that like that Devil music Gix listens to?

Abit more industrial than Death Metal

ASF Premium Full Member
    Devildriver's got Dez Fafara (ex Coal Chamber)on vocals. It's That Devil Music that Gix listens to - and better than coal chamber ever were.
    Anyone else heard Strapping Young Lad's new one, the new black? It's fucking awesome.

Blog Entries
    Yea I have. Not bad, just as long as you don't listen to his lyrics too much. Yea Oz, that's right, Devil music mate. I had the new Shadows Fall album on in the ute when I pulled up at Oz's place the other day Chris, and he pipes up with "Is that Devil Music?" I'm not sure that Oz knows that Bon Scott has died yet. He doesn't get out much so break it to him slowly. As for Fear Factory, saw them last time they were out, and knowing my work I'll be in no fit shape or vertical enough to go anywhere at the end of race day, so you'll have to count me out on that one mate. "Metal for the Brain" though for sure.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Whats everyone think of the new TOOL? They should be out early next year i imagine on the back of the new album. They were in Europe for the summer festivals. My mate is working in Germany and saw them at Rock Im Park. Along with Metallica, Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold,Korn,Deftones,Soulfly,Cradle of Filth and Alice in Chains reformed!!(new singer of course). God damn europeans, go and look at the line up on the website. Makes the Big Day Out look like a pub gig.

James Hetfield got up and sang lead vocals on 'would' with Alice in Chains. I would have given a teste to see that.

We have a new Tool???? Iceman wont be happy.

Wasnt happy with the new Tool album

Blog Entries
    Don't mind the new Tool album. My brother saw them at Donnington this year (I couldn't afford two years in a row) and said it was one of the best live performances he's ever seen - and he's seen a lot. A band I deal with might be supprting them out here next year so I might get up close and personal. As for Donnigton, that's where the Rock Im Park gets its acts: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.asp My mates are Breed77, they opened on the mainstage on the Sunday.

new tool Lp is snot bad.These gigs are all too close to the Straightliners event,so get ya prioritys right.Evans Head will be the biggest mosh pit event in September.
    ps...Gix,Bon Scott isnt dead,her was never even alive.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Hey Gix, Devin Townsend is Bi-polar, and went off his medication to create the album. I think that's why the lyrics are a bit... different.