Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sports Bike Shootout - Drags Aug 5th '06

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Motorcycle clubs and single race teams hire tracks for trackdays/testing. I think the average trackday costs between $100 and $200 per rider (please correct me if im wrong) Now im pretty sure sure you wont see Brett Stevens or Jay Upton turning up for a T&T, so they must be able to hire the track for testing purposes (again correct me if im wrong) Why cant we as a motorcycle club hire Willowbank on say a sunday for testing? If we were to get 50 riders @ $100 each im sure that would cover the cost of hiring the track and staff. 8am to 4pm would see alot of runs for 50 riders. 50 riders by invitation only would be the way to go i think. Maybe there is a reason why we cant do this and there proberly is, but i thought id ask anyway.

it can be done shayno.. its around 2k to hire the track and staff for 4 or 6 hrs (cant exactly remember finer details) a car club i used to be part of, done this.

but then they require you to have 1st aid/ambo ppl there as well. and st johns will provide 2 people with medical equipment for around 800 for the event. so it can be done.

a big thanks to papa smurf, for the orgainisation and running of the event

cheers.joe.

Yes Shayne it can be done, Brett & other such high profile racers do it all the time, they can afford it.
    The reason that most people don't do it though is if it rains you do ya dough.
    You're right Bo cool calm & collected is the way to go, gee that beer tastes good.
    Mule i actually don't know why it was called a shootout, i didn't name it & the concept was started in Sydney.
    Crazymofo, thanks heaps for those links i'll see ya right mate, Hey can anyone tell me what he drinks?
    One thing that is getting very close to being able to be lobbied for is a full on ALL BIKE DRAG MEETING with ALL classes right up to top bike.
    That is still a while off but it's one thing we're working towards,
    just as long s it doesn't effect the shootouts (or whatever else you want to call them)
    And can everyone do me a big favour, if ya hear someone having a whinge, point em in my direction & i'll see if i can help.
    As much as i seem to be the one in the public view there are other people, namely Mike & his crew that do MOST of the work, not to mention the girls in the tower,,,our girls, not the tracks, again volunteers.
    Yes i get defensive and a little carried away sometimes but all we could see yesterday was a bloody AWESOME turnout in response to all our efforts.
    It's only going to get bigger & we can't wait till we crack the 100 mark[8D][8D]
    Rick

Yeah I am really hooked now - THANX GUYS!!!!!!! what ever I can do to help get it along please ask

Blog Entries
    Ok lads. Late as ever, but the usual reasons.........

Anyway, here we go:

Turn out:

Mule's tyre warmer:

Papa Smurf:

Papa Smurf again:

and just in case you missed the close up in the last one and want to see your wheelie bars in action mate:

Team Cane:

and Papa Smurf again looking like he's gonna nut someone:

Blog Entries
    ........and of course the stuff I know a few are hanging for:

Team Cane : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c8W_M715Lw

Team Katana : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTHZw2ByIw

Cool videos now i will die a happy man [^]

Is team Cane short for sugar cane?
    I heard this rumour that..........hehehehehe

Hey Shayne, i just watched your video over & over & over & then it dawned on me.
    You'd go heaps faster if you TWISTED THE THROTTLE
    W.O.T.....wide open throttle = low tens
    I also noticed something in the photo's gix took of my monster, i had no idea my front wheel came up that high,
    some adjustment needed there me thinks, shouldn't be any higher than about 50mm, no fucken wonder i keep gettin out of shape.
    It is fun tho to see the look on everyones face after an ugly pass & it does make it a little more exciting

quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

Hey Shayne, i just watched your video over & over & over & then it dawned on me.
    You'd go heaps faster if you TWISTED THE THROTTLE
    W.O.T.....wide open throttle = low tens
    yeah i know, but i have a special 3mm quick twist throttle hmmmm low 10s.... gotta get those parts soon (and grow bigger balls i think)

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Gix11

........and of course the stuff I know a few are hanging for:

Team Cane : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c8W_M715Lw

Team Katana : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTHZw2ByIw
    No wonder you guys are so fast......That track runs downhill[:0]

Fuckin down hill my arse!! Its up hill.... put your bloody glasses on Large[8D]

84 bikes !!!!!! [:0] That's bloody impressive.
    Looks like everyone had a fun day, where was your Gixer Davo? you slack prick [V]
    Ozkat's getting quicker each meet - I keep getting the line in my head from the Drill Sgt. to Private Gomer Pyle in Full Metal Jacket when they're on the firing range -
    "Outstanding Private Ozkat, I think we've finally found something you're good at"

waiting for my new oil cooler to arrive from England mate. i just went along to fly the flag anyway.

Someone posted this link on the Busa site , thought it may interest some that were at willowbank http://www.no-loyalty.com/PhotoAlbum.htm

Blog Entries
    I did spot these handsome bastards:

Hey Papa, if you are going to hold one of these in summer, any chance of making it late afternoon because i dont think you will get the numbers if its 35-40 degs and standing there in full gear. My 2 cents worth.

I hear ya mate believe me but we are TOTALLY at the mercy of the track as to when we get to play.
    We are not yet in a strong enough position to ask for a totally seperate event & as such will remain attached to the T.N.T's until we either have enough cosistent numbers to warrant it OR a major sponsor comes on board & the whole thing becomes professionally run & promoted instead of a bunch of volunteers flying by the seat of their pants.
    Mike is in ongoing negotiations with the track at the moment & so far the only info i have is that they were wrapped with the turnout.
    Mike does the hard work with track negotiations etc. I just mouth off & bask in the glory he he he.
    Rick

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Rick

Any more news on Muzzy and LAE's involvement, will the Shootout format change, maybe a true competition meet with classes rather than the TNT format or have they just secured naming rights?

Shayne

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast